Team shows heart and improvement | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Team shows heart and improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
pathetic is the nicest way to put it.

Here's what really gets my goat. I've been a lot less harsh on the lack of offers our newest class has than others, partially because I think it's not fair to the kids to denigrate them for picking the highest-division/conference school that offered them. But come on, Matt - Army is not a "major" offer to tout someone as boasting. Even though I think the Fortt kid has good enough bloodlines to be worth taking a chance on, that's dishonest salesmanship. We had a 2016 class where half of our signees chose us over P5 programs. Don't try to tell us there hasn't been a downward trend there.

Reaction Score
Here's what really gets my goat. I've been a lot less harsh on the lack of offers our newest class have than others, partially because I think it's not fair to the kids to denigrate them for picking the highest-division/conference school that offered them. But come on, Matt - Army is not a "major" offer to tout someone as boasting. Even though I think the Fortt kid has good enough bloodlines to be worth taking a chance on, that's dishonest salesmanship.

I actually laughed a little as I read that. I swear the reason we're landing these recruits is not our "culture" or the staffs salesmanship - it's the fact that we're just one of few if any FBS programs to offer them. Yeah we've recruited a few guys with larger offers but not very many. We also have barely anyone signed for next year.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I actually laughed a little as I read that. I swear the reason we're landing these recruits is not our "culture" or the staffs salesmanship - it's the fact that we're just one of few if any FBS programs to offer them. Yeah we've recruited a few guys with larger offers but not very many. We also have barely anyone signed for next year.

I also don't think the notion of "brotherhood culture" is unique to UConn. I think you find that at every collegiate program that doesn't have a sociopath like PP at the helm. It looked and sounded good to us because when Diaco got here, we didn't have that. But it's not something that we have a distinct advantage over other schools in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom