Team Shooting Percentage: XL vs. Gampel | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Team Shooting Percentage: XL vs. Gampel

Reaction Score
I’m not a fan of the XL Center, and I don’t know a single UConn fan who is.
I actually love going to games in Hartford. the XL center itself obviously needs a facelift but I love the short(er) commute and bar scene downtown. we have a lot of fun at the Hartford games and while I can acknowledge the on-court product is better on campus, the convenience is nice for our group.

Reaction Score
The roster is full of talent, 5th year guys and 4 star prospects. I don’t foresee us having more talent than this in the near future.

We’ve always had kind of an older fanbase that wasn’t as engaged and needed some coaxing to get to the games. Alumni is now really scattered throughout the country. Many older lower level fans from the Calhoun days are retired living in distant states. The covid measures don’t help. Need to do a better job marketing, drawing new fans in. Student section should be the easiest to fix in the near term.
We have lots of "good" players. We don't have great players that can take over the game. RJ does his best to try but it is asking too much from him. Sanogo is getting there but he isn't ready to dominate a game and without more shooters, teams can pack it in against him. We have got to get talented perimeter players that can shoot and handle the ball. Yes, we have talent, but as a unit, we clearly lack certain types of talent.

We've basically become a team that needs someone unexpected to score 20+ points to win a game in addition to RJ and Sanogo having good showings. When the guy scoring 20+ is always someone different, you know you are lacking a key player that can be depended on to get buckets. We watch Martin, Whaley, Hawkins and Polley rotate around in this role with limited success against better teams. Last night Whaley stepped up and RJ was off, so we lost. Scoring is just a struggle for these guys.

Reaction Score
I actually love going to games in Hartford. the XL center itself obviously needs a facelift but I love the short(er) commute and bar scene downtown. we have a lot of fun at the Hartford games and while I can acknowledge the on-court product is better on campus, the convenience is nice for our group.
A shorter drive is nice, but it doesn’t make it a good venue to watch a game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom