Team is Showing There is Talent | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Team is Showing There is Talent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't write off Stewart at LB for next year, and Bennett has played OK but really hasn't looked irreplaceable. Next year will be tough at the start but expect the OL to improve with good coaching and not deteriorate as we've witnessed under GDL.

Reaction Score
There are probably another couple of guys getting drafted this year in Smallwood and Martin. What's really amazing is the number of guys the last three seasons that went from this program into the NFL while P was busy looking for "prototypes". How we missed a bowl last year is beyond my comprehension.
Martin who? Martian???

Reaction Score
Don't forget Tim Willman. He's provided lots of energy at DE and made several big plays the last two seasons. His relentless effort at the end of the first half at Temple (a miserable first half that would have had lesser competitors merely seeking to run out the clock for the warmth of the locker room) propelled the team to reach deeper for that great 2nd half comeback. We may someday point to that Willman strip and fumble recovery--which happened at the very nadir of our existence as a football program---0-9 and down 21-0 on the road in the cold against the other worst team in a marginal conference, as the play that gave us back our swagger and rekindled hope for the future of UConn Football. We will miss #51.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't write off Stewart at LB for next year, and Bennett has played OK but really hasn't looked irreplaceable. Next year will be tough at the start but expect the OL to improve with good coaching and not deteriorate as we've witnessed under GDL.

Stewart has great speed, but looked really lost out there. I hope we can attribute it to inexperience and lousy coaching . . .

Reaction Score
Stewart has great speed, but looked really lost out there. I hope we can attribute it to inexperience and lousy coaching . . .

He was simply dreadful against Towson and it's not fair to judge him on his first collegiate start. The fact that both Ashiru and Vann appear to have passed him tells me he has a lot of work to do. We have been very spoiled with LBs here and none of them have come in as heralded recruits. They were simply really good athletes who learned the position and developed very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom