Teaira McCowan and Courtney Ekmark | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Teaira McCowan and Courtney Ekmark

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Muffet is bitter. Like this recent comment about Geno:

"I just think he likes to have somebody to bully," McGraw says. "It was Pat for a while. I don't back down from him. And he is always right. That's what he does. He's part of the old boys' network that is pretty strong. They get away with more from the officials, they can say things to the players that they would never take from a female coach. That's just the way it is."

Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw's stress test
Wow. I saw that feature item on ESPN but hadn't read it yet.

She is such a piece of work. Bitter and resentful to the core. Add to that the unbearable stench of hypocrisy, talking about other teams getting their way with the officials.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Wow. I saw that feature item on ESPN but hadn't read it yet.

She is such a piece of work. Bitter and resentful to the core. Add to that the unbearable stench of hypocrisy, talking about other teams getting their way with the officials.

Yeah that's funny since her team gets more free throws than anybody else in WCBB.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

"I just think he likes to have somebody to bully," McGraw says. "It was Pat for a while. I don't back down from him. And he is always right. That's what he does. He's part of the old boys' network that is pretty strong. They get away with more from the officials, they can say things to the players that they would never take from a female coach. That's just the way it is."

Lol, except the old boys network in WCBB is women, not men.

Regarding Ekmark, 1) she looks good/fit. 2) it may have been a shot, it may not have been, but either way doesn't seem like much to get upset about.

When my daughter player there was a girl who bigger, stronger and more athletic than most other players who also bore a strong resemblance to Elena Delle Donne. Her team always referred to her as Delle Donne. It wasn't intended as insult so much and an identification and little bit of complement. Not a perfect match with these circumstances, I know, but player have nicknames for opposing players all the time.

Anyway the "incident" such as it was should be treated as over after the apology was offered and accepted IMHO.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Betty Bitterman, party of 1! Good grief Muffet. Get over yourself.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I am confused. Are these not old quotes from around the 2014 era when UCONN / ND rivalry was at its highest / worst ?

I do know she has said recently that she does not want any male assistants as a matter of principle etc. etc and Geno was asked in his pre game presser about it today.

Geno said basically. She can do whatever she wants. People will continue to hire the best people for their programs and what works for them and won't care what Muffet wants etc.

Reaction Score
I am confused. Are these not old quotes from around the 2014 era when UCONN / ND rivalry was at its highest / worst ?

I do know she has said recently that she does not want any male assistants as a matter of principle etc. etc and Geno was asked in his pre game presser about it today.

Geno said basically. She can do whatever she wants. People will continue to hire the best people for their programs and what works for them and won't care what Muffet wants etc.
The story was posted on ESPNW a day ago, but maybe they just put in old quotes?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Muffit has had male assistant coaches in the past (e.g., Kevin McGuff) and I recall her as being quoted (some years ago) as saying that her players enjoyed the energy that a male coach brings (or something similar to that). It is possible that she has changed her mind.

I even recall a story that in the late 1980's, when Muffit had just been hired at Notre Dame and Geno was complaining (they were friends then) about what a sorry place UConn was in those pre-Gampel days, Muffit actually offered HIM an assistant coach job on her staff. He declined, saying that being a head coach was a big deal for him.

Think how history might have been changed ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom