TBS/CBS Halftime / Postgame Show… | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TBS/CBS Halftime / Postgame Show…

Reaction Score
I like Kellogg's pre game analysis. "There are no weaknesses with UConn. You have to make adjustments once the game starts depending on how things are going" Then they interview the Illinois coach in game. " We're going to keep doing what we're doing".

Reaction Score
I could not agree more.

Kenny (who I used to like) seemed bored last night. He sort of sits there like he‘s at a family reunion he doesn’t want to be at.
He was in mourning after watching UNC's death.

Reaction Score
I love Chuck. Is he unprepared? Yes. Is he wrong a lot? Yes. Does he have any useful college basketball insight? No. Is he funny? Yes. That’s what he’s there for.
then, maybe he needs to be just a little bit funnier. Or the other guys around him set him up more but last night it was...Well, looking for a pulse.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The announcers for the game were way worse. Was it Van Gundy or the other guy that kept harping on shooting percentages in the first half. He wouldn't stop.
Van Gundy kept talking about how they don't allow play that physical in the NBA. Yeah, RIIIIIGHT. They do, and what does it matter? We're watching a college game. To be honest, I really don't give a hoot about the NBA any more, except for highlight videos of former Huskies.

Reaction Score
Kellogg was visibly frustrated with Kenny and Chuck last night. At one point Kenny was saying UT should shoot 50 3’s vs Purdue, and Kellogg was pretty much like Have you watched TN, they’re not capable of that, that’s not even remotely how they play ?????

Reaction Score
How many times did they get Diana’s name wrong. They didn’t watch a single UConn game all year or do their homework before the game.

Reaction Score
Wright is good. Ernie Johnson as the host is fine.

Kellogg has this old-school, squeaky-clean vibe that I find very uninteresting and cliche, but whatever.

The other two guys aren't nearly entertaining enough to make up for their lack of knowledge.
Why does he always have to take a drink from his coffee mug while he's on the air? There's not enough time during the commercial breaks to drink up?

Reaction Score
Van Gundy was the designated Illini cheerleader for that broadcast team yesterday. He would not shut up about suggesting ways for IL to attack UConn. He was as obnoxious as any commentator there has been on broadcast teams covering Husky games this year. Even Bill Walton or Donny would have been so much better to listen to.
guess I'm in the minority but I will take Van Gundy 100% of time over Donny. He, and his brother, really know the game, and dont give vanilla generalities. Actual analysis. Dont have to agree with it.

His line about "this isnt just domination, this is decimation" and noting that Uconn had more dunks in second half then Illini had baskets clearly made him an Illinois cheerleader lol.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He was in mourning after watching UNC's death.
Compounded by the fact that Duke and NC St were both still playing.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
How many times did they get Diana’s name wrong. They didn’t watch a single UConn game all year or do their homework before the game.
I don't remember seeing Diana play yesterday.

DT.jpg

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Van Gundy kept talking about how they don't allow play that physical in the NBA. Yeah, RIIIIIGHT. They do, and what does it matter? We're watching a college game. To be honest, I really don't give a hoot about the NBA any more, except for highlight videos of former Huskies.
What I find amusing is how we heard (from Illini fans) that we wouldn't be able to handle the physical play of a B1G school (DH even commented on this in the post game presser), yet, evidently our playing physical was what led to the officials stealing the game from them.

Reaction Score
TBS/TNT paid a ton of cash for the tournament they are going nowhere.

Much of the country doesn't watch college basketball until march. Many of those know the NBA guys.

It isn't complicated. Just enjoy watching Barkley be wrong and Kenny pump Kimani young.

Use the bathroom, get a beer. Make a snack.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Van Gundy and crew were horrible. One of them early on waxed on about Shannon possible being the best shooter in college bball. Ah no! Barkley likes to bet against UConn but I did see him lead a UConn cheer at a bar in Brooklyn after we beat MD a few years back. I am sure he will be talking about how Alabama's offense will cause UConn fits and how they are playing much better D in the tourney

Reaction Score
I love Chuck. Is he unprepared? Yes. Is he wrong a lot? Yes. Does he have any useful college basketball insight? No. Is he funny? Yes. That’s what he’s there for.
I agree with you.. he also has no filters.. whatever he is thinking comes right out mouth

Reaction Score
The announcers for the game were way worse. Was it Van Gundy or the other guy that kept harping on shooting percentages in the first half. He wouldn't stop.
What I find amusing is how we heard (from Illini fans) that we wouldn't be able to handle the physical play of a B1G school (DH even commented on this in the post game presser), yet, evidently our playing physical was what led to the officials stealing the game from them.
In the first half SVG might as well have been an Illinois booster. Kept chirping about how the refs were allowing too much contact and, coincidentally, all of his examples were UConn defending Illinois rather than vice versa. By the end of the 30-0 run, he had no choice but to acknowledge how overpowering UConn was.

Reaction Score
guess I'm in the minority but I will take Van Gundy 100% of time over Donny. He, and his brother, really know the game, and dont give vanilla generalities. Actual analysis. Dont have to agree with it.

His line about "this isnt just domination, this is decimation" and noting that Uconn had more dunks in second half then Illini had baskets clearly made him an Illinois cheerleader lol.
He started the game as an Illini cheerleader (listen to a replay of the game) but he was forced by what he saw that that Schtick was unsustainable by what he was witnessing, lol to you too.

Reaction Score
i really enjoyed their new sidelines reporter. What's her name...."Andy" Katz? Just wish she would wear an outfit that showed a little more skin.

Reaction Score
van gumby... he is the worst, CBS needs to have crew that watches more than one game other than tourney, they should be ashamed, he addmitted on air that he hasnt seen that may games WTF!

Reaction Score
I think you guys are reading in to some of these TV personalities a little too much...by all accounts chuck was incredibly complementary of our past teams (even if he picks against them) and there's even stories of him being very friendly and buying rounds for uconn fans at the '14(?) NC
Yeah. I remember that '14, he was very high on Shabazz and Boat.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom