Taya Reimer Trims List | The Boneyard

Taya Reimer Trims List

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
according to tweet from Hoopgurlz on ESPN site: "No. 4 ('13) Taya Reimer narrows her list, not done yet"

There's no article but HG lists these schools: Stanford, UConn, UCLA, Georgia. Texas A&M, Oklahoma and Notre Dame.

Based on some posts on the Scout site and the current list, Reimer dropped Maryland and Tennessee.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Certainly has all parts of the country covered...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Sounds good to me!!! Just as long as she keep UCONN on the list!

:):)

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
A teammate of hers just committed to Brown last week - not too shabby.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
some are saying Stanford and Georgia are her two favorites. we will see.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
some are saying Stanford and Georgia are her two favorites. we will see.

"Some are saying ...."

You know, of course, that makes what follows hollow.

Some are saying PacoSwede is winning Wednesday's Powerball jackpot.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Edited for clarity... ;)
yes, well that's correct VA. i agree Georgia is mystifying when compared to UCONN, but who knows? one thing i really like is seeing kids take Tennessee off their list. they are still waiting for their first verbal after Pat's dementia announcement.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Georgia on/off her list isn't mystifying. Who "some" are is.

Might be the same "some" who thought Sara Hammond and Xylina McDaniel were en route to Storrs. Along with Ariel Massengale and Chelsey Lee.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score

Might be the same "some" who thought Sara Hammond and Xylina McDaniel were en route to Storrs. Along with Ariel Massengale and Chelsey Lee.

Good Point!! of those 4 though, I was really only shocked by Chelsey Lee. Hammond/McDaniel, in my opinion, were not coming and I dont think Massengale even got an offer. Lee seemed like she was going to commit, but didnt.

Reaction Score
Good Point!! of those 4 though, I was really only shocked by Chelsey Lee. Hammond/McDaniel, in my opinion, were not coming and I dont think Massengale even got an offer. Lee seemed like she was going to commit, but didnt.

After watching Chelsea play a few times, I think her game could of really blossomed at UCONN. Too bad

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
After watching Chelsea play a few times, I think her game could of really blossomed at UCONN. Too bad

There are several players I think of in that respect and today on top of that list is Glory Johnson. Can you imagine her game if she had Chris Dailey and GA coaching her. I think she is a tremendous athlete.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"Some are saying ...."

You know, of course, that makes what follows hollow.

Some are saying PacoSwede is winning Wednesday's Powerball jackpot.
And some are saying that you should share it. ;)

Reaction Score
There are several players I think of in that respect and today on top of that list is Glory Johnson. Can you imagine her game if she had Chris Dailey and GA coaching her. I think she is a tremendous athlete.

Very hard to disagree with you on that

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
you know, it's very easy to point to a player at another program and say "But imagine how good they'd be if they came to UCONN". i tend to think you could say the same thing about some of the kids who came to UCONN.

Charde Houston- never the star some predicted and went on to be a WNBA all star her 2nd year.
Kaili McLaren - never produced much at UCONN and yet went on to be MVP of at least one pro division over seas.
Liz Sherwood - never bought into the UCONN system and did not produce while here, but went to Vandy and was a starter with a solid college career.
Heather Buck - could have been a star for a team like Holy Cross. has the coaching staff ruined her confidence over the years?

does this mean UCONN coaches failed and kids who come here would get better coaching going to Vandy or Holy Cross? or that they'd have to wait till they got to the pros to really see improvement? obviously i say no.

Glory was 3rd on the team in scoring with 12 PPG and almost 10 RPG (9.7). all this in only 25 minutes per game. i don't disagree that UCONN has the best coaches, but to imply she'd have had better numbers while at UCONN... playing the 4 sandwiched between Tina at the 5 and Maya at the 3 wouldn't really have given her any better numbers IMHO. i haven't seen enough of her games to state that with better coaching at UCONN, she'd have been able to achieve X,Y and Z while unable to do that at tennessee.

i think some coaches and players are a perfect fit. Renee, Tina, Kalana, Maya, Stef and Bria have all blossomed under Geno's tutelage. Others like the 4 i listed above did not. believe me, i love a good tennessee smack down as much as the next UCONN fan, but i don't see where her performance had she come to UCONN would be appreciably better.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
yes, well that's correct VA. i agree Georgia is mystifying when compared to UCONN, but who knows? one thing i really like is seeing kids take Tennessee off their list. they are still waiting for their first verbal after Pat's dementia announcement.
Maria spoke to Taya today and TN is still on her list.

Reaction Score
you know, it's very easy to point to a player at another program and say "But imagine how good they'd be if they came to UCONN". i tend to think you could say the same thing about some of the kids who came to UCONN.

does this mean UCONN coaches failed and kids who come here would get better coaching going to Vandy or Holy Cross? or that they'd have to wait till they got to the pros to really see improvement? obviously i say no.

Glory was 3rd on the team in scoring with 12 PPG and almost 10 RPG (9.7). all this in only 25 minutes per game. i don't disagree that UCONN has the best coaches, but to imply she'd have had better numbers while at UCONN... playing the 4 sandwiched between Tina at the 5 and Maya at the 3 wouldn't really have given her any better numbers IMHO. i haven't seen enough of her games to state that with better coaching at UCONN, she'd have been able to achieve X,Y and Z while unable to do that at tennessee.

i think some coaches and players are a perfect fit. Renee, Tina, Kalana, Maya, Stef and Bria have all blossomed under Geno's tutelage. Others like the 4 i listed above did not. believe me, i love a good tennessee smack down as much as the next UCONN fan, but i don't see where her performance had she come to UCONN would be appreciably better.

+1
Thank you.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score

Its interesting to me how interpretation of a comment can illicit a response. I wasnt in any way down playing Buck, Houston, McLaren, Sherwood and the lack of what they have produced or saying that they had failed. I was just responding to the poster ahead of me commenting on Chelsey Lee. I have always been a fan of Glory Johnson, I just think she could have been a better play in a different system.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kevin said...
Then you said...
so how was that misinterpreted? the implication was that Lee's game has NOT blossomed at all at RU. especially with his "too bad" comment. then you went on to mention Glory Johnson agreeing with Kevin. I took that to mean you felt Glory's game would have been markedly better had she come to UCONN. did i misinterpret?

or did you REALLY mean you like her game and would have loved to have had her in a UCONN uniform? cuz that's really different than what Kevin said and what you agreed with...

Reaction Score

was ariel even offered my uconn or hammond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom