Taurean Thompson schedules visit to Seton Hall | The Boneyard

Taurean Thompson schedules visit to Seton Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Didn't want to say it since the visit is still going on(Right?), but I had heard he wasn't blown away by our pitch. Doesn't see an immediate path to playing time, lots of competition at his position this year. We're not out of it, but Hall could seal the deal. Hope I'm wrong.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
It takes two days to tour Hall's three buildings?

Reaction Score
Didn't want to say it since the visit is still going on(Right?), but I had heard he wasn't blown away by our pitch. Doesn't see an immediate path to playing time, lots of competition at his position this year. We're not out of it, but Hall could seal the deal. Hope I'm wrong.
If he's looking for immediate playing time, SHU is definitely going to offer an easier path to that. All depends what he's looking for I guess.

Reaction Score
Yea, we are out, Vann is out too!

What a horrible week for Uconn Men's basketball.

3 open scholarships and we aren't tied to any recruit or transfer besides Vital at this point.

Really disappointing, hopefull Ollie can pull some magic.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Yea, we are out, Vann is out too!

What a horrible week for Uconn Men's basketball.

3 open scholarships and we aren't tied to any recruit or transfer besides Vital at this point.

Really disappointing, hopefull Ollie can pull some magic.
Don't anyone ever try to top this post. It stands alone.

Reaction Score
I think UCONN pulled out on Vann, so must be a reason it was done. Recruiting Thompson is recently new, and the kid did not decide yet. So not disappointed here.

Reaction Score
I agree we have Enoch, Facey, Diarra, Durham, AB at the 4-5

Reaction Score

what competition? I mean he's worried about competing with jackson + diarra, two guys hes ranked higher than?

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Don't anyone ever try to top this post. It stands alone.
I mean, at least he only used one exclamation point in that post. That's progress I suppose. Baby steps?

Reaction Score
I agree we have Enoch, Facey, Diarra, Durham, AB at the 4-5
I don't see how if you are confident in your skills how those 4 players scare you from beating them out for playing time, good luck at these other big time schools competing for playing time.

Facey, Diarra, Durham (Probably will redshirt), Brimah (if he comes back)...

I mean come on guys what are we really talking about here?

Reaction Score
what competition? I mean he's worried about competing with jackson + diarra, two guys hes ranked higher than?
Brimah, Enoch, and Facey all returning plus Diarra, Jackson, and maybe Durham to compete with for minutes? That could be daunting for the kid.

Reaction Score
I don't see how if you are confident in your skills how those 4 players scare you from beating them out for playing time, good luck at these other big time schools competing for playing time.

Facey, Diarra, Durham (Probably will redshirt), Brimah (if he comes back)...

I mean come on guys what are we really talking about here?
I definitely wonder.

Reaction Score

If you or your 'source' is wrong, you can just claim recruiting is fluid and that things are subject to change.

Reaction Score
Brimah, Enoch, and Facey all returning plus Diarra, Jackson, and maybe Durham to compete with for minutes? That could be daunting for the kid.
out of all those names, thompson still sounds like the best option at the 4. right? and i'm sure he + ollie realize that. If ollie is going into the season excited/relying on facey to absorb millers minutes, god help him. the 4 position is a big question mark imo, brimah +enoch +facey are all offensively challenge energy bigs who should be filling the center slot by "committee", not be spoon fed frontcourt minutes. Thompson could walk into a similar role that adams did for the backcourt, 20-25 mpg off bat.

Reaction Score
Please no more comments and statements about playing time for Big T, our front court is obviously thin especially since Brimah possible leaving and Durham probably red shirting.

Stop with the playing time.

If I were a big I would believe the situation at Uconn would be a great opportunity to show the world my skills.

Maybe he just didn't feel a strong connection here, which is fine.

Like I said before, Ollie will do something magical to fulfill these 3 open scholarships. Love Ollie and have great faith in him, big T is missing out if anything, if he chooses to go to Seton Hall or Cuse.

Reaction Score
out of all those names, thompson still sounds like the best option at the 4. right? and i'm sure he + ollie realize that. If ollie is going into the season excited/relying on facey to absorb millers minutes, god help him. the 4 position is a big question mark imo, brimah +enoch +facey are all offensively challenge energy bigs who should be filling the center slot by "committee", not be spoon fed frontcourt minutes. Thompson could walk into a similar role that adams did for the backcourt, 20-25 mpg off bat.
I would call enoch more defensively challenged. He showed more promising post moves than brimah and facey but was lost the majority of the time on defense.

Reaction Score
Please no more comments and statements about playing time for Big T, our front court is obviously thin especially since Brimah possible leaving and Durham probably red shirting.

If I were a big I would believe the situation at Uconn would be a great opportunity to show the world my skills.

Like I said before, Ollie will do something magical to fulfill these 3 open scholarships. Love Ollie and have great faith in him, big T is missing out if anything, if he chooses to go to Seton Hall or Cuse.
So there is plenty of playing time based upon some scenario you just made up?

Reaction Score

I may have missed something here but is "Big T" Taurean's actual nickname or are you trying to get it to catch on?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ahhh..South Orange in the springtime...
It's nicer that you might think. This picture is from Branch Brook Park in neighboring Newark.

1280px-Cherry_Blossom_in_Branch_Brook_Park%2C_NJ_-_2012.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS