Tate George... | The Boneyard

Tate George...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Arrested for investment fraud today?

Just tweeted by a reporter from Bloomberg. Wow...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That's OK. He'll always have The Shot.

Reaction Score
The only thing I'd ever pass to Tate is a basketball.

Reaction Score
Those ar.e very serious charges. If found guilty he could go away for a long time

Reaction Score
Sad to see...unfortunately for Tate the DOJ has really been hammering thr perpetrators of financial crimes, asking for maximum sentences.

Reaction Score
I know some developers here in CT and they felt Tate was out of his league. He was bidding on some big projects but was not really funded.

Reaction Score
This is not good news for those of us in the alternative investments business. Bogus schemes, and the ensuing negative publicity, hurts investors confidence . He will do time if proven he committed this fraud, and he should. Meanwhile, the people who invested probably lost all their money.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That is horrible if true for him and the people he cheated. And selfishly to us as well. All the fun of watching that most amazing shot will be forever tainted.

And now Clemson has added ammo to block UConn into the ACC.

Reaction Score
That is horrible if true for him and the people he cheated. And selfishly to us as well. All the fun of watching that most amazing shot will be forever tainted.

And now Clemson has added ammo to block UConn into the ACC.

This won't affect my enjoyment of "The Shot" but to each his own. I'm going to assume you were joking about this affecting, in any way, UConn's application to the ACC.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This won't affect my enjoyment of "The Shot" but to each his own. I'm going to assume you were joking about this affecting, in any way, UConn's application to the ACC.
Doesn't take away from the accomplishment or the game. I will just feel sadder for Tate is all.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Does this mean we can take Tate off of the list of potential big donors for the new practice facility? :D

Reaction Score
Very disappointed to hear this. To me he'll always be one of the most important players in UConn history for the role he played during the '88 NIT title and the '90 dream season. Sad that he would let his life turn in this direction.

Reaction Score
When they held the very first alumni game Tate was easily the most prominent player not to attend. I recall a couple articles (found one below) about a falling out (with either Calhoun or the program), but nobody ever said over what. Pretty reasonable to guess that Tate was up to similar antics way back then and the program/coach told him to stay away but had the class not to go public with transgressions. Unfortunately if they had gone public that might have saved someone from getting suckered.

http://articles.courant.com/2002-08...ohegan-sun-mr-tate-george-fight-heart-disease

Reaction Score
Ironic that both the best (the "shot") and the worst (his arrest) for Tate George took place in Newark.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
When they held the very first alumni game Tate was easily the most prominent player not to attend. I recall a couple articles (found one below) about a falling out (with either Calhoun or the program), but nobody ever said over what. Pretty reasonable to guess that Tate was up to similar antics way back then and the program/coach told him to stay away but had the class not to go public with transgressions. Unfortunately if they had gone public that might have saved someone from getting suckered.

http://articles.courant.com/2002-08...ohegan-sun-mr-tate-george-fight-heart-disease

Dunno about that, but I do know that Tate celebrated with the Huskies in 99 when they won their 1st ship. I think he was there last year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom