Tampa Exhibition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tampa Exhibition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish there was some kind of Brimah filter that could be enabled on the board

Why he's not an enigma to you? No one has said AB sucks or blows they are simply pointing out improvement or lack thereof in this case. I mean is it ok to come into a season hoping that he "gets it" and suddenly becomes everything many of you think he is or will be? I think we all agree we want him to get there, as a fan we want him to leave as a high #1 whenever he's ready, he's a Husky. Simply pointing out what is NOT going on for 2 plus years is part of the BY's presence. Everyone has been critiqued after the game, I believe it should be fine he gets that too.

Look he's our center and he will do things that make us very happy, and we will win games when he blocks a lot of shots. But when you're 10 games into this season and there are still offensive rebounds going by his nose or he has position only to jump under the basket for a rebound aren't you going to question if this is ever going to change? If you're okay with him being who he is now I commend you. I on the other hand, as well as a few others would love to see him touch that ceiling at some point which in turn makes our team a lot better immediately. It's one game, an expedition against Tampa, so it's too early to throw it out the window. But the little things, the reoccurrences of the past we saw yesterday aren't good if improvement is expected. We will see.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Ok - I see I need to clean up this Brimah thing. My sources tell me he works hard although I agree I don't see that tangible physical result. My own opinion is his body type is such I don't ever see him controlling position in the post. Even for a 7 footer his legs are a disproportionate large portion of his height. He doesn't have the usual body core to set up shop in the post. He has a torso of a guy 6-4.

Looking at Brimah move, I think Chief nailed it. Brimah, oddly enough, actually has to play shorter to keep from getting moved out from his rebounding position. Get his butt down and his center of gravity a little lower so the man boxing him out can't slide his feet out from under him. His arms are long enough that he'd still be able to reach a pretty wide swath of the area around the rim. That being said, he can't just squat there. There has to be some explosiveness to go get the rebound. He's still a work in progress, but I'm glad he's our work in progress...

Reaction Score
The mere mention of dude's name sends you into some kind of frenzy, no offense but I'm not reading this, I'm sure there's nothing in there that we haven't read in the other hundred posts on him under your screenname. When Brimah comes up this all I see with you:

6853d4e5023f208b2fde06a7f83d7e85e856b60765e8c91217eebd074ad69bf5_:original

Why he's not an enigma to you? No one has said AB sucks or blows they are simply pointing out improvement or lack thereof in this case. I mean is it ok to come into a season hoping that he "gets it" and suddenly becomes everything many of you think he is or will be? I think we all agree we want him to get there, as a fan we want him to leave as a high #1 whenever he's ready, he's a Husky. Simply pointing out what is NOT going on for 2 plus years is part of the BY's presence. Everyone has been critiqued after the game, I believe it should be fine he gets that too.

Look he's our center and he will do things that make us very happy, and we will win games when he blocks a lot of shots. But when you're 10 games into this season and there are still offensive rebounds going by his nose or he has position only to jump under the basket for a rebound aren't you going to question if this is ever going to change? If you're okay with him being who he is now I commend you. I on the other hand, as well as a few others would love to see him touch that ceiling at some point which in turn makes our team a lot better immediately. It's one game, an expedition against Tampa, so it's too early to throw it out the window. But the little things, the reoccurrences of the past we saw yesterday aren't good if improvement is expected. We will see.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I wish there was some kind of Brimah filter that could be enabled on the board

Agree.

I love how people are drawing conclusions about Brimah's NBA future from an exhibition/expedition game against a DII opponent. Unreal. I don't think I've ever seen a player take as much flak on this board since Dyson or Taliek.

Reaction Score
Agree.

I love how people are drawing conclusions about Brimah's NBA future from an exhibition/expedition game against a DII opponent. Unreal. I don't think I've ever seen a player take as much flak on this board since Dyson or Taliek.
Think my favorite Brimah narrative so far for the 2015-16 season is how Diamond Stone is going to destroy Brimah.

Reaction Score
This was his first game? How dare anyone discuss anything around here with some of you it's a joke. If you hate hearing the truth then don't read the damn stuff then your silly comments won't follow. Pretty simple.

Reaction Score
Nailed it. He's going to get eaten alive going against Diamond Stone in December.

Yes a freshman you've never seen play will eat Brimah alive. #analysis

Reaction Score
Nailed it. He's going to get eaten alive going against Diamond Stone in December.

Hey I'm a pretty loud "Brimah could improve" guy but this statement os a bit out of whack. Have you seen Stone play yet against competition which has bigger people? He may have had trouble with Okafor last year but this guy doesn't seem to be there so let's wait and see.

Reaction Score
FT's were a concern huh? Just one game but damn they need to be better at the charity stripe. Sounds like they've been working hard on it so I'm guessing this was one game and they will improve.

Reaction Score
Watched the replay this morning. Like others, i did not see a big difference in Brimah. Hopeful it will come.

Reaction Score
I actually think @Chief00 has boiled it down to the bottom line perfectly, while we're waiting for roles to define themselves we still don't have the alpha. That was a problem in '12 in Kemba's void. Boat was clear successor to bazz. But someone has to take charge here and we don't know who that is, but it's critical to our success. I don't think @tcf15 s whose got next line was by accident, he's asking too.

The bizarre part was starting a 2nd observation post to "get things started" :)

Did having an alpha help last year? I'd argue it hurt--we became all about Boatright, and he wasn't equipped to carry that load. Not saying we don't need a guy to step forward, but it would be best if he stepped forward while still being part of the team construct. Not a one-on-five kind of player.

Reaction Score
Yes a freshman you've never seen play will eat Brimah alive. #analysis

I have seen him play actually. And Stone is 250+ with crazy good post moves. Trust me, he will eat Brimah alive.

Reaction Score
I have seen him play actually. And Stone is 250+ with crazy good post moves. Trust me, he will eat Brimah alive.

Great post moves against 6'4 kids, impressive. Hey he can play but our guy played against a lot of big guys and did last year. Eventually it will sink in and he will be a tough out for the likes of Diamond Stone and such.:rolleyes:

Let's see the kid put on the uni first.

Reaction Score

You've seen his high school highlights. He's probably not even starting for Maryland. Do better.

C

Chief00

I think Brimah is a really wonderful young man - hopefully his basketball development catches up with that.

Reaction Score
Think my favorite Brimah narrative so far for the 2015-16 season is how Diamond Stone is going to destroy Brimah.

Fortunately, it will be put to bed one way or another come December 8.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

+1. I'm really looking forward to the matchup.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Did having an alpha help last year? I'd argue it hurt--we became all about Boatright, and he wasn't equipped to carry that load. Not saying we don't need a guy to step forward, but it would be best if he stepped forward while still being part of the team construct. Not a one-on-five kind of player.

Gotta disagree with that. Boat was equipped to carry that load; it's the other guys who weren't ready to do the rest of the work. Boat got let down by the rest of the team last year imo.

Reaction Score
Ok - I see I need to clean up this Brimah thing. My sources tell me he works hard although I agree I don't see that tangible physical result. My own opinion is his body type is such I don't ever see him controlling position in the post. Even for a 7 footer his legs are a disproportionate large portion of his height. He doesn't have the usual body core to set up shop in the post. He has a torso of a guy 6-4.
He has the same body type that Patrick Ewing had when he was a freshman. The difference is Ewing filled out and got a lot stronger.

C

Chief00

He has the same body type that Patrick Ewing had when he was a freshman. The difference is Ewing filled out and got a lot stronger.

Ironically, I first met Ewing when UConn played BC in Chestnut Hill. Ewing was in HS then but attended the game and I happened to coincidentally run into him walking to the game. When Ewing was a JR in college as Brimah is - he was more physically imposing - he knocked guys to the floor as opposed to the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom