Talking Smack in Texas | The Boneyard

Talking Smack in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Boothe has guaranteed Texas will win multiple national titles while she's on campus, a bold prediction given the stranglehold Connecticut has on the sport. She bristles at the mere mention of Megan Walker, a 6-1 Connecticut recruit at Monacan High School in Virginia who is the top-ranked prospect in the 2017 class.

Think that ranking bothers Boothe?

"It still does," Boothe says. "[Walker] knows that. No offense to her. She deserves it. But from ninth grade to senior year, you are No. 1? How's that possible? Come on."

A day in the life with Texas Longhorns recruit Rellah Boothe, the electric McDonald's All American, at IMG Academy

Reaction Score
By all reports the kid is good, but...seems like she has some baggage to work through (as most of us did at that age). I spent a lot of time SMH while reading that.

I wish her luck at Texas; with GG long gone and the team seemingly over that hangover, she'll certainly have her share of opportunities.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
"Boothe has guaranteed Texas will win multiple national titles while she's on campus, a bold prediction given the stranglehold Connecticut has on the sport. She bristles at the mere mention of Megan Walker, a 6-1 Connecticut recruit at Monacan High School in Virginia who is the top-ranked prospect in the 2017 class.

Think that ranking bothers Boothe?

"It still does," Boothe says. "[Walker] knows that. No offense to her. She deserves it. But from ninth grade to senior year, you are No. 1? How's that possible? Come on."

A day in the life with Texas Longhorns recruit Rellah Boothe, the electric McDonald's All American, at IMG Academy
I've said this before about Boothe so I'll just repeat myself. The first day she walks into that practice gym and sees the incredible talent on that floor and realizes she isn't even the most talented player in the gym nonetheless the most talented in WCBB; realizes she'll be lucky to average in the low double digits in her college career; realizes she'll be lucky to make the FF once in her career; well, that's the day her second life begins. One hopefully of hard work and humility.

Probably not. For me however I'm going to enjoy her career long comeuppance.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I think the Boothe family is related to the Ball family.
The difference is Le'veon Bell is a quiet, unassuming, reserved player that lets his game (and father) do the talking. I've rarely if ever seen such an angry young woman who talks such a good game and has excellent, but not transcendent skills. Good luck trying to coach this one Karen.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She looked very good at the game but she sounds like a handful. I prefer my assassins silent. Actions always speak louder than words.

Reaction Score
Well, since Diamond might leave NCAA ball, we will need a new number 1 in the nation player to replace her.

Reaction Score
Well, she is taking a "mental" class. Hope they grade with a mental detector.

Reaction Score
Let's not be nasty towards a teenager, folks. I said a lot of things as a teen that I've regretted in my later years.

After the snark, most said, "let's see how it plays out." And some of us have been around to understand the Eddie Haskell references.

Reaction Score
The difference is Le'veon Bell is a quiet, unassuming, reserved player that lets his game (and father) do the talking. I've rarely if ever seen such an angry young woman who talks such a good game and has excellent, but not transcendent skills. Good luck trying to coach this one Karen.

I believe you mean Lonzo Ball, the electric point guard from UCLA with the father who only sees the glow of his sons and maybe some $$$.

Le'veon Bell is the running back for the Pittsburgh Steelers (and he's won me a fantasy football league or two ;))

Reaction Score
Well, someone needs to help her with public communications, that's obvious. But also consider she was at IMG, and I've got to believe that that's an unnatural place to grow as a person. Everyone's "above average" there, and some more than others.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I believe you mean Lonzo Ball, the electric point guard from UCLA with the father who only sees the glow of his sons and maybe some $$$.

Le'veon Bell is the running back for the Pittsburgh Steelers (and he's won me a fantasy football league or two ;))

Yeah Jordy, get your "Bells" together. What the Bells wrong with you bro? :cool:

Sorry Jordy, I couldn't resist. I saw an opening and I took it. :)

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
No need to take something a 17-18 year old says so seriously. It's easy for us as adults to understand what is politically correct to say in an interview now, but no way of knowing what we would have said at her age if in the same situation.

JordyG

Reaction Score

Yeah Jordy, get your "Bells" together. What the Bells wrong with you bro? :cool:

Sorry Jordy, I couldn't resist. I saw an opening and I took it. :)
Yeah. My head is ringing.

Reaction Score
I love how Walker is cordial and confident in her response. "We are cool. We both like to compete. ... This is about business, and the reason I kept my ranking was because I took care of business."

Reaction Score
Love Walker's response.... though I do not blame Boothe for her bravado.... ya gotta have confidence.....

of course you have to stand up and take it if in fact you do not come through on your words....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom