Talk me out of talking myself into 7 wins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Talk me out of talking myself into 7 wins

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
@ Fresno St: Easy win. We steamroll these jokers.

Holy Cross: They better go to church before the game to pray for mercy.

Purdue: We scar the psyche of our future conference pals by stomping their guts out.

@ Army: Our defense and air assault offense force the future soldiers to retreat.

Wyoming: The team from the Equality State is going to vote to cancel their football program after their humiliation at our hands.

@ Vanderbilt: No serious football program loses to Vandy, and we are a serious football program.

@ UMass: UConn fans make this into another home game as we win the New England Cup.

MTSU: I don't even know who this is. Win.

@ Clemson: I admit, this is a tough one. However, we catch them snoozing without Trever Lawrence. Win.

@ UCF: The Dogs visit Disney after finishing an undefeated regular season.

Reaction Score
@ Fresno St: Easy win. We steamroll these jokers.

Holy Cross: They better go to church before the game to pray for mercy.

Purdue: We scar the psyche of our future conference pals by stomping their guts out.

@ Army: Our defense and air assault offense force the future soldiers to retreat.

Wyoming: The team from the Equality State is going to vote to cancel their football program after their humiliation at our hands.

@ Vanderbilt: No serious football program loses to Vandy, and we are a serious football program.

@ UMass: UConn fans make this into another home game as we win the New England Cup.

MTSU: I don't even know who this is. Win.

@ Clemson: I admit, this is a tough one. However, we catch them snoozing without Trever Lawrence. Win.

@ UCF: The Dogs visit Disney after finishing an undefeated regular season.

Reaction Score
A. This is unlikely Given the overall odds, if nothing else.
B. I’m not on board for 7 but it is not impossible for a few reasons including that the schedule isn’t overwhelming. Oh and Liberty isn’t on the schedule.
If we could win 5 games it would be beyond belief.

Reaction Score
I think we win 4 minimum. And with some luck I could see 6. More than that would require a pretty significant improvement. But again we aren’t playing the SEC West. I think 3 had winning records last year. And at least one of those was somewhat padded. We aren’t beating Clemson or UCF. We will probably be dogs in most games at least early. But if we win a couple early it could be a very surprising season.

Reaction Score
I think we win 4 minimum. And with some luck I could see 6. More than that would require a pretty significant improvement. But again we aren’t playing the SEC West. I think 3 had winning records last year. And at least one of those was somewhat padded. We aren’t beating Clemson or UCF. We will probably be dogs in most games at least early. But if we win a couple early it could be a very surprising season.
I agree 4 is minimum. 6 is very much obtainable if the offense continues to move the ball and the defense shows improvement. I think 8 wins is the max with this schedule. We aren't beating Clemson, but UCF also lost their coach to Tennessee so we have an opportunity to win there.

Reaction Score
I agree 4 is minimum. 6 is very much obtainable if the offense continues to move the ball and the defense shows improvement. I think 8 wins is the max with this schedule. We aren't beating Clemson, but UCF also lost their coach to Tennessee so we have an opportunity to win there.
If the moon is in the 7th house and Jupiter aligns with Mars (and we find a good quarterback plus a linebacker or 2) this might happen

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The pass defense has been terrible for years. There were times that I felt I would be an improvement at cornerback over what UConn football had its last two seasons. Honestly, based on the stats from 2018 and 2019, it looks like I was playing cornerback those seasons.

We have to be able to slow down the other teams' offenses to get anywhere near .500.

Reaction Score
The pass defense has been terrible for years. There were times that I felt I would be an improvement at cornerback over what UConn football had its last two seasons. Honestly, based on the stats from 2018 and 2019, it looks like I was playing cornerback those seasons.

We have to be able to slow down the other teams' offenses to get anywhere near .500.
True enough. Though in the game as it is played now you win by stopping the opponent a couple of times in a game. 35-28 is now a low scoring affair

Reaction Score
It’s simple, if the goal is 5-6 wins two areas need significant improvement:

• passing game
  • pass rush

I just don’t see it on the roster unless several players make huge jumps. We have no speed in the pass rush department. And QB play at best has been inconsistent and at worst an abomination.

Reaction Score
If we could win 5 games it would be beyond belief.
Not sure what team you play for, but if UConn gets up to 5 wins in a single season this decade it would be a major surprise.

Reaction Score
It’s simple, if the goal is 5-6 wins two areas need significant improvement:

• passing game
  • pass rush

I just don’t see it on the roster unless several players make huge jumps. We have no speed in the pass rush department. And QB play at best has been inconsistent and at worst an abomination.
Think you forgot to mention rushing defense, defensive secondary, and special teams. Other than that, UConn should be pretty good.

Reaction Score
Think you forgot to mention rushing defense, defensive secondary, and special teams. Other than that, UConn should be pretty good.
I leave out secondary because I think it’s covered with pass rush. A good Pass rush can mask a lot of issues in the secondary.

I am bullish on Jackson Mitchell in the middle of the D with Travis Jones in front of him. Not saying our rush D will be great but I think it will improve to average.

Trust me I am not as optimistic as others. If you told me they would win one game I wouldn’t be shocked.

Reaction Score
Jackson Mitchell could also be an effective blitzer/edge rusher. Most of his high school highlights are of him rushing the QB.

They need to do whatever they can to disrupt the qb. Find anyone that has shown even a little bit of pass rushing skill.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

I was always shocked that teams didn't just throw it down the field on every play. The only way drives ended was if the other team dropped a pass or made a bad throw. Rarely did the defense actually make the stop.

But....it can't be worse...can it?

Reaction Score
Pencil In Probable Wins...
Holy Cross
UMass
Wyoming...2-4 last year
Vandy....they went 0-9
MTSU.....3-6 last season

Pencil In Probable Losses
Clemson

TBD
Purdue...losing seasons but Big Ten
Army....won 9 last year...but three were not IA
UCF...did not beat a team with a winning record last season...but 6-4

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pencil In Probable Wins...
Holy Cross
UMass
Wyoming...2-4 last year
Vandy....they went 0-9
MTSU.....3-6 last season

Pencil In Probable Losses
Clemson

TBD
Purdue...losing seasons but Big Ten
Army....won 9 last year...but three were not IA
UCF...did not beat a team with a winning record last season...but 6-4
We're not beating UCF. IF we do then we're A LOT better than anybody thought we could be.

Reaction Score
I wanna perceive us as the favorite against Holy Cross. We are a complete unknown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom