Talk About the First 10 Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Talk About the First 10 Games

Reaction Score
intentionally conservative but of the 4 Ls i think PC and NC St are tossups. Creighton obviously a Final 4 contender but USC had the #7 recruiting class in 2019. While they lost okongwu they replaced him with evan mobley the #1 C in the country so they could/should improve on a 22-9 season
You really giving Creighton too much respect, but I'm not buying because they can be beat (they beat pc by a buzzer beater and pc smoked them by 20 at home) TSA is a huge loss for them, he covered up alot of defensive flaws for Ballock and Zeg. Don't get me wrong they are good players but are liabilities on the defensive end. They have no one who can guard Bouk and if RJ is what you guys say he is, they can't guard him either.......also you should kill them on the boards.......FYI You should know within the first 5 mins of the game if you are going to beat Creighton or not........they will finish middle of the pack.

C

Chief00

As with football, this year the season is a success if we have our act together enough to play games. I thought I would never say that, but I think that’s the reality of this season. I can’t tell you how hard the coaches and players had to work and sacrifice to make that happen.
Now granted once we have tip off Chief gets as competitive as ever to win a particular game.

Reaction Score
They’re the only team in the conference not practicing right now and will be lucky to get in a handful of practices before the first game. No one is making excuses and certainly no one will feel sorry for them, but that’s the reality. I hope it’s understood just how ugly basketball is going to look across the country, especially at the start of the season, and the inevitable disruptions are going to be understanable but frustrating. The upperclassman and James are going to have to be close to perfect to get this thing started off right. This staff is great at preparing and their opponents, as much as possible, have been scouted thoroughly, but nothing replaces practice reps.

Reaction Score
They’re the only team in the conference not practicing right now and will be lucky to get in a handful of practices before the first game. No one is making excuses and certainly no one will feel sorry for them, but that’s the reality. I hope it’s understood just how ugly basketball is going to look across the country, especially at the start of the season, and the inevitable disruptions are going to be understanable but frustrating. The upperclassman and James are going to have to be close to perfect to get this thing started off right. This staff is great at preparing and their opponents, as much as possible, have been scouted thoroughly, but nothing replaces practice reps.
They also stared before everyone. Reps won’t be an issue

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
CCSU- W
Hartford- W
Vanderbilt- W
USC- L
NC State- L
Sacred Heart?- W
SJU- W
Gtown- W
PC- L
Creighton-L
Depaul-W

7-4 and i'll be as happy about the team as i've been in 6 years

What? Is this a "Doomed" post? I expect to win all those games. Maybe lose to Creighton.

Reaction Score
You don't think 2 weeks off right before the first game of the season is bad? What? The most meaningful reps are before big games... which we are missing.
It’s not good. I just don’t think we are anymore worse off than everyone else. That’s a built in excuse

Reaction Score
They also stared before everyone. Reps won’t be an issue

What teams were permitted to do in the summer looks nothing at all like practices. It was conditioning work, primarily, with some specific skill work in groups of 2 and then 4. Guys were already doing that on their own across the country. They had finally just moved into 5 on 5 full court work and then had to stop. I think this team has to get something from Andre and Adama almost immediately to reach some of these expectations and the shutdown is a major obstacle for that. Freshmen are already struggling to get it all at this point. No one has to care- and it’s being presented to the players as a challenge, not an excuse- but it matters.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
intentionally conservative but of the 4 Ls i think PC and NC St are tossups. Creighton obviously a Final 4 contender but USC had the #7 recruiting class in 2019. While they lost okongwu they replaced him with evan mobley the #1 C in the country so they could/should improve on a 22-9 season
I don't pay much attention to recruiting classes making a team an immediate success
Look at Memphis last year - while they loss their #1 recruit, their other 6 were all studs and look at their results. We've seen this with several teams in recent years
I agree Creighton, NCS and PeeCee will be our toughest match-ups with UConn winning 1 of these matchup's (and Creighton isn't one)

Reaction Score
don't pay much attention to recruiting classes making a team an immediate success
Look at Memphis last year
i agree but USC and Memphis are now both one year removed from their great classes so they arent relying on freshmen. i think memphis will also be better this year than last even without wiseman

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Good news for UConn.

Why? McBride gives Vanderbilt much needed depth in the backcourt behind Pippin and Evans. This will give UConn more of a challenge than before and I really didn't want to play Vanderbilt in the first round, but I'll take any opportunity to increase the competition in that game.

Reaction Score
Horrible take.......how, it's my opinion. Both Ballock and Zeg(best players, add Mahoney) don't play D, yes they can shoot (belmont can shoot too) but who can they guard and who are they out-rebounding. TSA loss will hurt them.......if UConn can play perimeter D, they will smash Creighton.

Reaction Score
No one, but TSA took out the best player from the other team, he is gone so it will look worst with a middle of the pack finish. I'm not high on Creighton, maybe because the last game PC killed them and they have no answers for them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom