Taliek | The Boneyard

Taliek

Reaction Score
Anybody else surprised to see Taliek sitting 2 rows behind the team today? I know he was sitting with his teammates but he is an assistant with an opponent we play next Saturday. You would think he would politely say that he couldn't sit that close. I would hope he sat there with Hurley's blessing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anybody else surprised to see Taliek sitting 2 rows behind the team today? I know he was sitting with his teammates but he is an assistant with an opponent we play next Saturday. You would think he would politely say that he couldn't sit that close. I would hope he sat there with Hurley's blessing.
Ignore

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
He was honored, as it should be - was a key player on that team. Good for him to be there. But yeah it's a bit funny that he got to scout for Pitino game on Saturday. I would love to hear what he tells Rick after seeing the healthy version of this team in action.

Reaction Score
He was enjoying time with his ex teammates, how often do you have those occasions in your lifetime, especially with his busy schedule. I highly doubt he was scouting, the game was televised you know.

Reaction Score
There's nothing he's going to get from sitting 2 rows back that he's not getting from sitting 10 rows back or scouting the game on TV

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He was there as a spy.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He didn't see a thing behind Ed Nelson's beautiful bald, shiny dome. He had his kids with him too so Taliek didn't hear anything either. :)

Reaction Score
Here's what Hurley said for the pregame media availability. Just like the post game press conference, I'm sure he was joking and was fine with it.

"Taliek, he's going to be way up (in the stands)," coach Dan Hurley quipped. "He will not be behind the bench, I guarantee that."

Reaction Score
Onion Report just in:

Nearly the entire Big East membership says alleged St. John’s spy Taliek visited UConn game at some point over the past three seasons.

According to an explosive report from ESPN on Monday, eleven different Big East schools say UConn analyst Taliek purchased tickets to a total of 30 different conference games (none involving St. John’s) over the past three years. In some cases where Taliek purchased tickets to multiple games on the same day, the schools say they have data proving he transferred tickets to other, unnamed individuals.

The report details a clear M.O. for the former uconn grad: He would purchase tickets, in his own name, through a third party such as StubHub or SeatGeek, near half court with a clear view of the sideline.

According to the report, at least one Big East school has video surveillance of Taliek filming its sideline with his smart phone over the course of the entire game.

The NCAA is expected to be presented with video evidence of Taliek (and perhaps others) illegally using technology to film opponents, per the report.

It is unknown at this time if St. John’s reimbursed Taliek for the tickets and travel to the arenas. As an off-field analyst, St. John’s website says he is paid $55,000 a year. He is currently suspended with pay.

Rick Patino has denied knowledge of Taliek’s alleged activities, while St. John’s says it will cooperate fully with the NCAA and the Big East over the course of the investigation.

The Big East will be under significant pressure to act against St. John’s, and in defense of fellow league members which St. John’s allegedly victimized, all while St. John’s is in pursuit of a Big East championship. St. John’s is playing UConn on Saturday in a hotly contested -- and now tainted -- battle.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
IMG-8860.jpg

Reaction Score
Assuming our two assistants bolt for HC jobs it would be great to bring Taliek back.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Onion Report just in:

Nearly the entire Big East membership says alleged St. John’s spy Taliek visited UConn game at some point over the past three seasons.

According to an explosive report from ESPN on Monday, eleven different Big East schools say UConn analyst Taliek purchased tickets to a total of 30 different conference games (none involving St. John’s) over the past three years. In some cases where Taliek purchased tickets to multiple games on the same day, the schools say they have data proving he transferred tickets to other, unnamed individuals.

The report details a clear M.O. for the former uconn grad: He would purchase tickets, in his own name, through a third party such as StubHub or SeatGeek, near half court with a clear view of the sideline.

According to the report, at least one Big East school has video surveillance of Taliek filming its sideline with his smart phone over the course of the entire game.

The NCAA is expected to be presented with video evidence of Taliek (and perhaps others) illegally using technology to film opponents, per the report.

It is unknown at this time if St. John’s reimbursed Taliek for the tickets and travel to the arenas. As an off-field analyst, St. John’s website says he is paid $55,000 a year. He is currently suspended with pay.

Rick Patino has denied knowledge of Taliek’s alleged activities, while St. John’s says it will cooperate fully with the NCAA and the Big East over the course of the investigation.

The Big East will be under significant pressure to act against St. John’s, and in defense of fellow league members which St. John’s allegedly victimized, all while St. John’s is in pursuit of a Big East championship. St. John’s is playing UConn on Saturday in a hotly contested -- and now tainted -- battle.
I've never trusted that "Patino" guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom