Talent Level | The Boneyard

Talent Level

Reaction Score
As fans we tend to be overly optimistic in regard to our assessment of personnel and controlling our expectations. For example there is no one on this team who could play regularly on any team from the early 90’s and for the next 20 years. We often forget just how good those players were. I didn’t look at every roster for every year, but you get the point. We did however have more talent than St. Joe’s.
I’m hoping the young kids on this team and next years recruits can change this so we can live in the present and be forced to look at our past.

Reaction Score
I’ve always felt like the team chemistry hasn’t been the same. The last 5 years we haven’t had a true leader and roles keep changing. I think it’s 100% in our guys heads. If this is part of being talented then fine. I think it’s been heart and mental toughness. I do think we’ll be better than last year but not by much.

I’m really hoping Bouknight will change the game but I don’t wanna get my hopes up.

Reaction Score
As fans we tend to be overly optimistic in regard to our assessment of personnel and controlling our expectations. For example there is no one on this team who could play regularly on any team from the early 90’s and for the next 20 years. We often forget just how good those players were. I didn’t look at every roster for every year, but you get the point. We did however have more talent than St. Joe’s.
I’m hoping the young kids on this team and next years recruits can change this so we can live in the present and be forced to look at our past.

They may have a couple who would get some regular time but off the bench t would be. I had much higher expectations of Al and won't give up as of yet. But the lack of understanding the deeper penetration he gets in the lane the less success at all he has concerns the crap out of me. Drives me crazy actually, if he doesn't put it together we are screwed for the most part no way around it.

But you make a solid point no doubt.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My hope had been for next year but I chose to go to C of C tournament this year to get a first hand look at a future I believed would be bright.

And what happens? Springs is ruled academically ineligible, Bouknight gets suspended and Gaffney suffers a sprained ankle. Development of key players is once again set back.

We can point our fingers on coaching or the past coach’s players but the real problem just might be the mojo created in The Boneyard.

We’ve always had whiners but the decimal level of the crying and complaining is going up faster than the earth’s temperature.

What can be worse than people who don’t know how to post correctly in the Haiku thread. There are ubiquitous divisions over Chief, player punishments, poster behaviors, thread decorum. We point fingers at the football program, the NCAA, cheating, the AAC, KO, various players. But what about us.

This forum has too many weak posters. Chemistry here is at an all time low and not just because of the poor performances of the past several years.

It just might be the team is a reflection of us and not the reverse. I say the Jurrrgge should hang The Boneyard. Or Hurley should smudge it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom