Taking the reigns of the new conference | The Boneyard

Taking the reigns of the new conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Aresco is the wrong man to lead this conference. I am also the wrong man, but he wants a million dollars to destroy it and I'm willing to do it for free. So....I get the job.

The name will be the Big American Metro Conference.

If we can work any other names in there, we will.

Hurricane Division

UConn
Temple
East Carolina
UCF
USF
Navy

Tornado Division

Cincinnati
Tulane
Tulsa
SMU
Houston
Memphis

Now, you ask, how can Tulane possibly be in the Tornado Division?

Well, because I like irony and hate Tulane.

Our hoop tournament will be at Marist College, or if there's a lot of demand for tickets, Albany. Both are really easy for me to get to and since I am running the show for free, we're going to try to make it convenient for me to attend.

Our football championship game will be held at the Rent if UConn is involved and will either be cancelled or held in Iceland if UConn is not. I kinda want to see Iceland and this might be a way for me to go and write it off.

Our conference meetings will be held at my house. No one is wearing boots on my wood floors so Houston, SMU and Tulsa will be forced to Skype in. Tulane and Memphis can email any questions or concerns that they may have - I would rather not be reminded that they exist and seeing them in person would cause me stress. I will vote for Temple, UCF, USF, and East Carolina which will save them plane fare. UConn and Cincy will have all their votes tallied as "this conference sucks" and are excused. Navy can come to the meetings, but only if they let me use one of their boats.

If one of you will stop by Providence and throw Aresco's s*** in the street, I will get down to the business of running this conference.

Reaction Score
Can I be the person to lock up the conference doors in Providence & then throw the keys in Narragansett Bay?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Can I be the person to lock up the conference doors in Providence & then throw the keys in Narragansett Bay?

That position is officially known as "Associate Commissioner".

Welcome aboard.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That position is officially known as "Associate Commissioner".

Welcome aboard.

You need more rigor in the hiring process

A successful candidate should be required to pin Mo Vaughn in the pudding wrestling ring at the Foxy Lady on a Wednesday night.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Aresco is the wrong man to lead this conference. I am also the wrong man, but he wants a million dollars to destroy it and I'm willing to do it for free. So....I get the job.

The name will be the Big American Metro Conference.
Personally, I prefer the name Big Association of Similarly Situtated Schools, Universities, Colleges and Know-it-alls or Big ASS SUCK, but I see where you are going. At least you need to add some number that does not directly reflect the number of schools in the conference. I suggest 1000 as it easy to remember and can be used as PIN code as well.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I like the Iceland idea. Especially if it's played outdoors.

I'd also change the name to Big Metro Oddment Conference so we can at least pretend to be the BMOC.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Since you will be working for free, the conference presidents can reimburse you by liking your posts.

Reaction Score
I can't believe you think Memphis would know how to use electricity never mind email questions from a computer!

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
So much win in this thread, ha!...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reaction Score
The schools involved are not Middle Tennessee State. Nor are they Michigan except Navy and close ones with SMU, Tulane and UConn. Notice the other schools are private, besides Navy. We should have been given a much better TV contract. We are underestimated, in value and that contract undervalues the schools involved and somewhat makes it look that way. We are in a conference that's a purgatory from the Sun Belt. Next level up is not far away. We just sent our hockey program to the moon.

Reaction Score
The schools involved are not Middle Tennessee State. Nor are they Michigan except Navy and close ones with SMU, Tulane and UConn. Notice the other schools are private. We should have been given a much better TV contract. We are underestimated, in value and that contract undervalues the schools involved and somewhat makes it look that way. We are in a conference that's a purgatory from the Sun Belt. Next level up is not far away.

Yes ... Darn it. At least $40m.

We, reading between the lines, NBC put in a clause protecting themselves from UConn and/or Cincy leaving. Low value ... we have schools that have value that may not be there more than a nanosecond.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You are what your record says you are.

They aren't underestimated. That's what they're worth. You can complain about it, or accept it and come up with ways to change that in the coming years.

Reaction Score
We probably have more good wins than bad losses since we went FBS. The last two years were rough. Except for the wins against UMD and Louisville.

I think a school is worth what the market says. We were doing ok on SNY in football.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You are what your record says you are.

They aren't underestimated. That's what they're worth. You can complain about it, or accept it and come up with ways to change that in the coming years.

I agree. Wake Forest is worth over $20MM a year while UConn is worth $2MM.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
What is going on today with me and Nelson agreeing?!

We are worth much more to an ACC or B1G than we are with our current slop of stablemates.

Reaction Score
The BMC pretty much covers it
Bowel Movement Conference
"Oh crap, this really is our conference!"

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Right now? As constituted? Yes. Yes they are.

If UConn joins a different group of teams? That changes. But UConn with USF, UCF, ECU et al? $2 mil.

Reaction Score
How about a small tweak to get a McDonald's endorsement. The Big Metro Atlantic Conference. Think about it!

The McDonald's 2013 Big Mac all league team.
Dollar menu at the Rent.
Ronald McDonald stadium at Rentschler Field.
Instead of section 138 it's the quarter pounder section.
McCafe, it's endless and it can make up for the revenue shortfall.

Reaction Score
How about a small tweak to get a McDonald's endorsement. The Big Metro Atlantic Conference. Think about it!

The McDonald's 2013 Big Mac all league team.
Dollar menu at the Rent.
Ronald McDonald stadium at Rentschler Field.
Instead of section 138 it's the quarter pounder section.
McCafe, it's endless and it can make up for the revenue shortfall.

Played already: http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5490

"Go beyond that. Keep the Big Name. Call it an Athletic Conference. BMAC. People will call it the Big Mac, which works. Go beyond that and quickly sign up McDonald’s as a sponsor and partner. That brings in money and recognition and a younger target audience. Have BMAC t-shirts available at McDonald’s. BMAC mugs."

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We are on the second page of this thread and no one has pointed out that Fishy doesn't know the difference between "reigns" and "reins". I don't know if that particular point of ignorance makes him more or less qualified to be commissioner.

Reaction Score
We are on the second page of this thread and no one has pointed out that Fishy doesn't know the difference between "reigns" and "reins". I don't know if that particular point of ignorance makes him more or less qualified to be commissioner.
You have no idea how hard it is to spell without a gaggle of secretaries i think if we pay him more money he can fix it. More to the point I think our commissioner's moto should be "everyone makes mistukes'.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I like the Iceland idea. Especially if it's played outdoors.

I'd also change the name to Big Metro Oddment Conference so we can at least pretend to be the BMOC.
The only good that could come out of holding the title game in Iceland is that if we make it to that game we can put GDL next to Haukadalur and have a contest where you guess which is the older geyser .............

I know, lousy joke but I had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104