Taking a moment to recognize PC's contributions... | The Boneyard

Taking a moment to recognize PC's contributions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I did it for you, recognized SH and DP, while you were typing the "space key" between free and second, but then I remembered Ramon Rivas and thought it would be fair to add this post mentioning Ramon Rivas.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In the spirit of friendship, I say that we don't fight over the NCAA credits earned by those schools.

Pretty sure we can fit all that on three Dunkin's gift cards - let 'em take the whole gang out out for munchkins.

Reaction Score
I think we have to at least acknowledge how much G'town meant to the conference.
They were good.
Before they hired a star and then proceeded to make just one Final Eight in a span of 18 years.

caw

Reaction Score
uconn fans, good luck in your new conference... bwahahahahahaha

Sadly your team is likely still in it. If I were you I'd hold off gloating until whatever sad team you root for wins at the rate UConn does. Thanks for caring enough to stop by and your interest in UConn athletics.

Reaction Score
You guys realize that PC is 100% responsible for the BE? Oh that's right, bball didn't start until the 90s. I keep forgetting....
I'm going to miss kicking the crap out of you guys...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Sadly your team is likely still in it. If I were you I'd hold off gloating until whatever sad team you root for wins at the rate UConn does. Thanks for caring enough to stop by and your interest in UConn athletics.
Today he's making fun of us for being the only remaining BE school. Down the road when we depart, benefiting the C-7 he will be bragging about how our departure gave them back the BE name and a boatload of tournament credits.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You guys realize that PC is 100% responsible for the BE? Oh that's right, bball didn't start until the 90s. I keep forgetting....
No. PC was responsible for finding other, quality schools to accomplish what made the BE great. PC just got a front row seat because the guy who thought it up was a PC guy.

Reaction Score
Question: now that PC won't have their annual National Championship game against UConn, what will their fans have to look forward to?

I didn't start following UConn till the late '90s, so I guess I missed the peak of the UConn-PC rivalry. Therefore, there's never been a time when I've cared about PC - or what their fans have to say - and that certainly won't change going forward. Your school is irrelevant.

Reaction Score

Yes, we're all very grateful that PC created the Big East....and then sat back and let the schools that actually play basketball well dominate it.

Reaction Score
And you do realize that all time in the Big East that Pee Cee is about 10 games under .500 versus Uconn right? And remember, according to you bball didnt start for the Huskies until the 90's. So that qualifies as "kicking the crap" out of another school for you? LOL - I guess that sums up PC basketball - sub .500. For us kicking the crap out of someone is what we did to bcu going 28-3 against them over the last 31 games we played. See the difference chump?

Reaction Score
And you do realize that all time in the Big East that Pee Cee is about 10 games under .500 versus Uconn right? And remember, according to you bball didnt start for the Huskies until the 90's. So that qualifies as "kicking the crap" out of another school for you? LOL - I guess that sums up PC basketball - sub .500. For us kicking the crap out of someone is what we did to bcu going 28-3 against them over the last 31 games we played. See the difference chump?

Sub .500 is what your record is vs PC in your last 15 games

Reaction Score
The funny thing is - in smack talk with Cuse fans - the one thing I don't really use is that we were 2-0 against their national championship team (Carmelo never beat us). That's such a hollow argument, since they won it all. I just point out we have three of them.

Sorry - forgot this is a Providence thread. Talking about national championships should be labeled "OT"

Reaction Score
At least our players take on male students, tough guy

Yep, you should be really proud of players walking around campus looking for people to demolish.

Reaction Score
The funny thing is - in smack talk with Cuse fans - the one thing I don't really use is that we were 2-0 against their national championship team (Carmelo never beat us). That's such a hollow argument, since they won it all. I just point out we have three of them.

Sorry - forgot this is a Providence thread. Talking about national championships should be labeled "OT"

This Sean guy has the mentality of the Miami fans who bragged about UM beating UConn's 1999 team. Who cares that UConn won 35 games, they still lost to Miami in the middle of the season!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Yep, you should be really proud of players walking around campus looking for people to demolish.

Just as proud of your guy busting a coed wide open.

Know the difference? Our guys got thrown out and did jail time.

Did Ben Gordon miss a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22