Taking a look at where UConn is today | The Boneyard

Taking a look at where UConn is today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Who would've thought that MoJeff and Morgan our M&M girls (Mantle and Maris) would be outscoring Stewie and KML? UConn is in a very nice place right now. The bench will see a lot more playtime and develop and our starters have taken another jump. Our starting 5 is so balanced and although Stewie isn't scoring like she can shes devastating on defense and shot block and terrific at making plays and passing. How much better can this team get.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Who would've thought that MoJeff and Morgan our M&M girls (Mantle and Maris) would be outscoring Stewie and KML? UConn is in a very nice place right now. The bench will see a lot more playtime and develop and our starters have taken another jump. Our starting 5 is so balanced and although Stewie isn't scoring like she can shes devastating on defense and shot block and terrific at making plays and passing. How much better can this team get.
To answer your question, I think this team is sort of scratching the surface. We've destroyed everyone, and I don't think there's been a single game where all 5 starters played above average, or the team played more than about 25 minutes of really good basketball.

I may be exaggerating a bit, but IMHO not by much. Stewie and KML have yet to be really on track offensively, and Moriah didn't start the year that well but has exploded lately. Morgan has been the best overall player on the team IMHO, and Nurse - just wow. Stokes has really solidified herself as a defensive Einstein, but Gabby and Saniya have been inconsistent at best. Courtney is just coming back from an injury...

So my point is it seems that Mo, Kia, Morgan and Kiah are about where we'd want them. KML, Stewie, Saniya, Gabby and Courtney have some work to do still. So how good can they be? Well if everyone plays the best they can, I'd say completely devastating and I could see a NC game like L'ville in the past where they don't come within 30 of UCONN...

Reaction Score
Nice ref on the 61 Mantle and Maris. But I was west coast so that be Mays and McCovey. Or if I say hollywood Monroe or Mansfield..would that be too much?:D

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Well, after posting negatively on the other board that the overwhelming superiority of UConn last evening made the game difficult for me to watch (and being chastised for my comment), that first surge out of the gate was as near perfection as we are likely to see.

I'm not concerned at all that Stewie wasn't looking for her shot…the 8th grader and her other buddy at 2, were draining 3's and Morgan was completely unstoppable. On top of that Gabby scored and rebounded to die for and Kiah did her thing as usual these days.

That leaves K (Is anyone really worried that K won't be herself come tourney time)?
Saniya: Still in the doghouse after another sad game and
Courtney: still on the learning curve.

With the kind of Offense we had from the starters and enough fro the Bench, I don't see anyone who can take us.

And I haven't even spoken about the improving D.

Reaction Score
Where is U CONN today?

The UConn system consists of six campuses for undergraduate students across the state. In addition to the main campus in Storrs, campuses are located in Avery Point, Greater Hartford, Stamford, Torrington, and Waterbury.

Simple answers for simple questions

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Nice ref on the 61 Mantle and Maris. But I was west coast so that be Mays and McCovey. Or if I say hollywood Monroe or Mansfield..would that be too much?:D
I was a SF Giants fan Mays and McCovey my heros as a kid so were Mantle and Maris.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
" I could see a NC game like L'ville in the past where they don't come within 30 of UCONN.."

I'd take a guaranteed one-point double OT win and a 38-1 season, right now. Any other takers?

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
I was a SF Giants fan Mays and McCovey my heroes as a kid so were Mantle and Maris."

Amazing how Ms and Home runs went together way back then: Mantle Mays Maris Matthews Mize McCovey Musial.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
" I could see a NC game like L'ville in the past where they don't come within 30 of UCONN.."

I'd take a guaranteed one-point double OT win and a 38-1 season, right now. Any other takers?
no argument from me!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I was a SF Giants fan Mays and McCovey my heroes as a kid so were Mantle and Maris."

Amazing how Ms and Home runs went together way back then: Mantle Mays Maris Matthews Mize McCovey Musial.
MMMMMMagical it was!!!!!!!! And it was!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Where is U CONN today?

The UConn system consists of six campuses for undergraduate students across the state. In addition to the main campus in Storrs, campuses are located in Avery Point, Greater Hartford, Stamford, Torrington, and Waterbury.

Simple answers for simple questions
Hmmmm. I see you are an Xs and Os poster. Just post the facts.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Hmmmm. I see you are an Xs and Os poster. Just post the facts.
I thought that meant hugs and kisses???

XOXO2-340x226.jpg

Reaction Score

No way. I want to see domination!!

Reaction Score

Musial was a phenomenal hitter but wasn't known as a home run hitter, at all. The other guys were!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom