"Take that Providence" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"Take that Providence"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I actually feel bad for them.

Reading their board, they are talking about how great a season they had and the second half was magical. The NIT is an accomplishment.

I really didn't understand how pathetic their program really is. I feel sorry for thier loyal fans who have had to live through such losing.

It's truly a fall from the top...I went to a PC basketball camp in the late 70's with my HS team when Gavitt, Degrigorrio, Costello, Barnes and Stakem where there...it was the mecca of eastern basketball. I give credit to PC...they have been a thorn in our side even when we were vastly superior, usually a tough game. I will miss the series...not so sure about those that visit here!

Reaction Score
I actually feel bad for them.

Reading their board, they are talking about how great a season they had and the second half was magical. The NIT is an accomplishment.

I really didn't understand how pathetic their program really is. I feel sorry for thier loyal fans who have had to live through such losing.

Yeah you feel for them holding out hope of being close to the "last 4 out" type scenario........we are spoiled just wondering if we'll be a 1,2, 5 or 7 seed.........hope they win out in NYC.......

Reaction Score
And no annual banner-hanging for them this year for beating UConn. They must really be bummed out.

Reaction Score
The fact that we even address this program shows "weakness" We are an elite program and the letters "p" and "C" in our blogs should only refer to "politically correct" which I hate even more that shamgod's mater....

I ask that Husky Nation agree that we engage in .."no more talk on this board about this joke of a program"... Never show weakness by even addressing this team... I never want to see this school given any publicity on our coattails again.

Uconn and PC is like a BMW and a Ford duckus.... so duckusYOU and get on the cuse board with all of the other second tier programs...
we will be fine..

Reaction Score
Puffing our chests about beating PC in hoops is like puffing our chests about beating Buffalo in football.

Reaction Score
O and BTW that team is taleanted as .. the size, speed and athleticism of that Providence team is a joke....

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I guess being Butler's bitch just won't feel the same for them.

Reaction Score
We were their Super Bowl & Final Four game year in & year out.

....and now that's been taken away....

Reaction Score
I would like to congratulate pee cee on advancing to the second round of the BET

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Seems like PC looks to us as a measuring stick of sorts for them, when in reality we beat the snot out of them with said stick.

Reaction Score
Who cares about Pc? Now in particular- we will never see them again unless they make the NCAAs and we are in the same bracket most likely we will be a 2-5 seed and they will be a an 11. This is like breaking up with a ugly crazy girl that never meant all that much to you- let her go and trade up.

Reaction Score
Providence should hang a banner that says, "Dave Gavitt Slept Here".

That's really their sole contribution to the Big East.
Went to their board. Apparently the is a dedicated thread for you and Alexd. Props for getting to them!

Reaction Score
I just got banned from the PC board after posting on there for 10+ years. This game stung for them. A lot.

A fitting end for the Deepster and his Big East run.
They were letting you annoy them on their board for 10 years? Apparently you were not the only one.
This from the PC board:
"fishy and alexd are female genitalia

boo hoo, peeps made fun of my new conference. we need to delete him.

fishy and alex... get screwed."

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
where are the Friar fans that like to pop into these threads?

it must suck to be them, even after 4 kids leave the program, our HOF coach retires, we start kids who were supposed to be roll players, we have nothing to play for except pride.................

they're still looking up at us in the standings

Reaction Score
After our first NCAA title, I refused to watch a single NIT game. Felt it was beneath us at that point.
I agree that we should set our SIGHTS as high as possible, but competition should never be beneath someone.

I cannot wait to visit campus next summer and see that practice facility in all its glory. I don't care what conference we are in-with our tradition, fanbase, and facilities, our future will be as bright as it has ever been!

Reaction Score
I agree that we should set our SIGHTS as high as possible, but competition should never be beneath someone.

I cannot wait to visit campus next summer and see that practice facility in all its glory. I don't care what conference we are in-with our tradition, fanbase, and facilities, our future will be as bright as it has ever been!

Agree to disagree. If I am going to settle for the entertainment of the NIT, my standards are too low. Not with what Calhoun has built here.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I know it's because of their trolling fans that this board has developed some sort of resentment towards PeeC, but I still and will always consider them as a very distant after-thought in terms of who are our rivals. PeeC doesn't threaten me or UConn in any way and never will. They are a mediocre, at best, program that will continue their tradition of mediocrity in their inferior C-7 conference whatever it winds up being. The games I got jazzed up for were: Cuse, GU, Ville, and Nova. Some years Marquette and some years St John's. But a game against PeeC has not got me excited once in 20+ years. When we play competition more on our level, I get excited. Clearly, PeeC is not on our level and never will be until the day they start winning tournaments. To win a tourney, they have to qualify for one first and that is a stretch.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
one of them just said on their board that if we played them in msg, we'd be run out of the gym. haha i guess 3rd time's the charm.

Reaction Score
Time to move on and forget about our neighbors to the east. Not only did they give the former BE Mr. Gavitt, but, to negate that positive energy, they gave us Tranghese & Marinatto(or however he spells his name)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom