Take Some Time to Stop and Smell the Roses | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Take Some Time to Stop and Smell the Roses

Reaction Score
Good question. While you would think that continuous success should build serenity, for UConn WBB fans it seems to result in various levels of anxiety and outright panic. :eek:

OK. I've been waiting to say this. What if your team DOESN'T HAVE THE OPTION OF LOSING? This question has been nagging at me because I, too, experience the stress and anxiety of which you write. AND I have concluded that it's much harder for us in tough games because we JUST CAN'T LOSE. For UConn to lose upsets the balance of nature, distorts reality, leaves believers full of doubt. It's simply intolerable for us to lose. Can't happen. The very thought is abhorrent. NO, NO, NO, NO, it's NOT OK. (Where are my meds, hon?)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
OK. I've been waiting to say this. What if your team DOESN'T HAVE THE OPTION OF LOSING? This question has been nagging at me because I, too, experience the stress and anxiety of which you write. AND I have concluded that it's much harder for us in tough games because we JUST CAN'T LOSE. For UConn to lose upsets the balance of nature, distorts reality, leaves believers full of doubt. It's simply intolerable for us to lose. Can't happen. The very thought is abhorrent. NO, NO, NO, NO, it's NOT OK. (Where are my meds, hon?)
Spoken like a true UConn fan.

In the words of Geno Auriemma, “The only thing you learn from losing is how to lose.”

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Stress?? How can you be a Uconn Women's basketball fan and be stressed? They win 99.999% of their games. :confused:

Easy. It's the "not knowing" how things are going to go BEFORE the tip off that make some fans worry. Knowing there's nothing they can do about it, they stress out. Some fans always stress out before BIG games against Notre Dame, Louisville, Baylor, Maryland, Texas, etc, or any other top 10 team that has a "Perceived" chance of beating them. Some folks always think the worse before a game. They don't think about the positives (all the good things that can happen), only the negatives. You know as I do, all UConn fans were not 100% sure the Huskies were going to win. Some had their doubts. If UConn and Mississippi State meet, you can bet there will be plenty of fans stressing out over that game too. :confused:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
the issue with Baylor is that they have not one but two talented bigs that often play together.....it will be interesting to see how Geno handles that mismatch.......of course whatever advantage that size represents to Baylor will be negated by UConn's superior quickness so it should be fascinating to watch if it happens......

Maybe the basketball Gods will smile on UConn again this year, and they won't have to play Baylor. Baylor has missed the FF the last two years. Last year if you remember, Mississippi State did the honors of sending them home. What's to say that can't happen again? If they do meet, UConn will have their hands full, but it will not be a bridge too far.

Several teams are going to be very disappointed this year. There are 6-7 teams that have a serious and legitimate chance of making it to that final weekend in Columbus Ohio March 31. 3-4 teams are going to get their feelings hurt, and be sent home early. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom