Take absolutely nothing away from Facey | The Boneyard

Take absolutely nothing away from Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
but this team is at its best with hamilton at the 4. It creates such a mismatch nightmare for the other team--like having 3 PG's on the floor AND he helps extend the defense from that position. Its a no brainer

Reaction Score
but this team is at its best with hamilton at the 4. It creates such a mismatch nightmare for the other team--like having 3 PG's on the floor AND he helps extend the defense from that position. Its a no brainer
Nothing like needing your 5'11" point guard to be your leading rebounder too.

Reaction Score
Against Columbia, yes, Dham at the 4 is our best lineup.

Against Duke, no.
What he does is pulls a low post defender away from the basket opening up things for Amida and creating more driving lanes for others. He's long enough to compensate om defense. I understand you couldn't do it for 40 minutes--but its a very effective line up.

Reaction Score
Exactly right. This game didn't suit Facey. The Duke game did. KO has shown an uncanny ability to find the right mix, a great sign moving forward.

If he wants to be good Yale and Columbia "have to suit him." It's not like they're more athletic, this SHOULD be his kind of game! No excuses, he needs to be more consistent and learn the game.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
If he wants to be good Yale and Columbia "have to suit him." It's not like they're more athletic, this SHOULD be his kind of game! No excuses, he needs to be more consistent and learn the game.

What? I think this is sarcasm but I really can't tell.

Reaction Score
What? I think this is sarcasm but I really can't tell.

Why would it be sarcasm? He's an elite athlete and he came up with 2 stinkers vs Yale and Columbia. I love the kid, but these games are proof where he is right now. Duke game is proof of where he can be!

Reaction Score
Exactly right. This game didn't suit Facey. The Duke game did. KO has shown an uncanny ability to find the right mix, a great sign moving forward.
You make a great point that KO doesnt get enough credit for. This is why he has been so good from day one. Led a team in his first year to 20 wins that no one and expect and in his second year to a national title that was even more improbable. Guy is a coaching stud!

Reaction Score
Why would it be sarcasm? He's an elite athlete and he came up with 2 stinkers vs Yale and Columbia. I love the kid, but these games are proof where he is right now. Duke game is proof of where he can be!

Can't wrap my head around this one. His two poor games (one before Duke, one after), both against lesser competition, are "where he is right now", rather than his fantastic performance against Duke? How does that make any sense? I think where he is right now is right about where the rest of the team is - incredibly talented but playing to the level of their opponent.

Reaction Score
What do you mean incredibly talented? Have you watched Facey much. What have you seen him do other than score off of deep interior passes (at the basket) or on any put backs? He plays hard, but he has no ability to create his own shot or score outside of 4 feet. Where is this huge talent?

Can't wrap my head around this one. His two poor games (one before Duke, one after), both against lesser competition, are "where he is right now", rather than his fantastic performance against Duke? How does that make any sense? I think where he is right now is right about where the rest of the team is - incredibly talented but playing to the level of their opponent.

Reaction Score
What do you mean incredibly talented? Have you watched Facey much. What have you seen him do other than score off of deep interior passes (at the basket) or on any put backs? He plays hard, but he has no ability to create his own shot or score outside of 4 feet. Where is this huge talent?

If Facey plays better under the basket, maybe he should be the 5 and Amida the 4. Did you see Amida hit his two mid-range shots and if hes not right under the basket, he is there for the help blocks and has more time to anticipate where the rebound is going. I say put Facey on the other teams center. Or we could make Boat the center since he lead in rebounds....nevermind

Reaction Score
Brimah' shot was good, that he could step out and stroke that. The fact that Facey badly clanged a 12 footer doesn't suggest he should be a 5 at 6-9 200lbs.

I don't follow your comments.

If Facey plays better under the basket, maybe he should be the 5 and Amida the 4. Did you see Amida hit his two mid-range shots and if hes not right under the basket, he is there for the help blocks and has more time to anticipate where the rebound is going. I say put Facey on the other teams center. Or we could make Boat the center since he lead in rebounds....nevermind

Reaction Score
Brimah' shot was good, that he could step out and stroke that. The fact that Facey badly clanged a 12 footer doesn't suggest he should be a 5 at 6-9 200lbs.

that's exactly why, Facey will around the rim. That is what he was doing when Amida was on the bench getting his putbacks against Duke

Reaction Score
This is his game now, it's fine. I like his effort.

that's exactly why, Facey will around the rim. That is what he was doing when Amida was on the bench getting his putbacks against Duke

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The idea of a point 4 is something I've never before pondered.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Yeah okay, let's judge players based off of one shot only.

Reaction Score
Oh, you're suggesting Facey has shown a consistent perimeter game and his one bad miss was an anomaly? Ok, sure

Yeah okay, let's judge players based off of one shot only.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Oh, you're suggesting Facey has shown a consistent perimeter game and his one bad miss was an anomaly? Ok, sure

Way to put words in my mouth bud. It's called withholding judgement until you have a sample size of more than one shot. You should try it.

Reaction Score
If Facey misses a second shot he should lose his scholarship. Its ridiculous, this kid was brought here with almost 4 years of basketball experience and sat on the bench perfectly last year without threatening anyone on the national champions for playing time, not even sure if he was good enough to play this year and now hes only averaging 7-7 and missed a jumper? this is the development we deem acceptable? I have to say, if that is the case, what are we paying kevin ollie for? He has had this kid for a full 15 months and all he can do is rebound, finish around the hoop and play 20 minutes at the 4 and he is never going to get better. What a joke.

Reaction Score

Huh? Speaking of wrapping your head around something? "Playing to the level of his opponent"? He can afford to do that and be the player we need him to be, are you serious? He threw up almost goose eggs against Yale with their 6'5 average front line, that's a good game for a kid fighting to secure 20-25 minutes a game? The reason they played to the level of the competition vs Yale was with his 20 plus minutes, do you understand that? His game against Duke was very good, great if you grade like a gym teacher in HS. Columbia is not a team you can consider playing to a certain level since they played with Kentucky at home and played with UConn at home. So if he was playing to the level of his opponent in that one he would have done better than 2 points and 1 rebound in his minutes I think right? At least that's according to your theory which makes little sense now that you think of it!

Read a little closer or follow closely, I did not slam Kentan, I like him. But he is getting major minutes now and a good game vs Duke and their vaunted front line followed up with an appearance that rivals Casper is not very good. He was manhandled by 6'5" kids who outsmarted him on both ends. He needs to play better and we should expect him to want to play better. I am quite sure he wants to and is learning through the process. actually he needs to be if we are to compete at the highest level.

So wrap your head around it or don't I could care less. But please know you just made little sense based on the Columbia game. But nice try anyway!;)

Reaction Score
Why are we focusing on the smaller, negative sample of Facey (Yale and Columbia) instead of the larger, positive sample (Texas, Duke, WVU, etc) where if you disregard the two Ivy games he is averaging 8/7. That 8/7 is really impressive especially when you account for the fact that he is often the fourth or fifth option when he's on the floor and that he rarely plays more than 25 minutes a game, which has only happene stick this season.

Calling it now, Facey is going to post a double double against Florida.

Reaction Score
Why are we focusing on the smaller, negative sample of Facey (Yale and Columbia) instead of the larger, positive sample (Texas, Duke, WVU, etc) where if you disregard the two Ivy games he is averaging 8/7. That 8/7 is really impressive especially when you account for the fact that he is often the fourth or fifth option when he's on the floor and that he rarely plays more than 25 minutes a game, which has only happene stick this season.

Calling it now, Facey is going to post a double double against Florida.

Not sure what is so negative. He needs to figure a way out to be consistent and those games leave that to be very obvious. Wouldn't you expect him to be able to get at least the numbers he had vs Duke against smaller, less athletic teams or am I missing something? He needs to get there, he will but for now he's not. Amina's not, this is why we are going to struggle to make it to the dance but it's not a negative, it's a growing period for our young bigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom