Take a breath. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Take a breath.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
They were not, but I think we can all agree that it was a good road win right? His statement was we never win on the road
It was a good road win. Sure. We don’t have many to choose from though, do we? And not just this year.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
D37DD2C3-BEE0-4381-8AF7-A81EB7CA6213.jpeg
I think Xavier is mediocre. This was their best win. They had 5 wins in their last 11, two against Butler, two against Creighton and one against DePaul. I’m not even sure how they were still ranked.

We should be winning these games if we want to be serious contenders to win the conference

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
This was a disappointing loss but Xavier is a good team and we were on the road. The errors we made tonight are correctable.

We have a stretch coming up that is do or die:

@St. John's
Seton Hall
Xavier
Nova

If we can go 3-1 in that stretch, that would put us at 19-8 going into our final three games:
@Georgetown
@Creighton
DePaul

I think we can realistically finish 21-9 or 22-8. Remember: in March there are no true road games.

Reaction Score
It was a good road win. Sure. We don’t have many to choose from though, do we? And not just this year.
Not many other good road wins, Xavier and Seton Hall were good ones last year too. That's the next step now, have to start consistently winning against good teams on the road (and at home).

Reaction Score
Not many other good road wins, Xavier and Seton Hall were good ones last year too. That's the next step now, have to start consistently winning against good teams on the road (and at home).
Last year without fans doesn’t really count. And neither of those teams made the tourney.

Reaction Score
If the game was called more evenly we would have won.
I hate that mindset. Refs weren’t the reason they lost the game. Execution, not keeping composure etc are the reasons why. Xavier had a better game plan, they neutralized what UConn wanted to do. Hurley getting a tech as well under 4:00 min to go is beyond inexcusable.

Reaction Score
I hate that mindset. Refs weren’t the reason they lost the game. Execution, not keeping composure etc are the reasons why. Xavier had a better game plan, they neutralized what UConn wanted to do. Hurley getting a tech as well under 4:00 min to go is beyond inexcusable.
I agree in theory. I don’t like getting into the habit of blaming refs. But they missed some incredibly big calls down the stretch that could’ve easily swung the game in our favor. There was a 1:30 stretch where we got fouled at the rim about 4 straight times down 3 and got 2 ft out of it.

Reaction Score
View attachment 73239 I think Xavier is mediocre. This was their best win. They had 5 wins in their last 11, two against Butler, two against Creighton and one against DePaul. I’m not even sure how they were still ranked.

We should be winning these games if we want to be serious contenders to win the conference
That’s what I thought. They were 16-7 (6-6 in BE) with an absolute horrible loss at home vs Depaul last week. They’re nothing special. I don’t know how they were ranked either.

Reaction Score
Sloppy play, poor coaching, multiple players taking nights off, getting nothing from: Whaley, Gaffney, Polley, Hawk , lack of shooting.

We didn't lose because of 2 technicals we lost because we're not a smart or particularly talented team. We have tons of heart but that's about it.
Not a big supporter of Gaffney but tonight was not on him. He showed up and surprised me personally

Reaction Score
Nah they were really bad today. If the game was called evenly we definitely win. Good teams overcome that but the team also played like crap so we didn't.

Reaction Score
I agree in theory. I don’t like getting into the habit of blaming refs. But they missed some incredibly big calls down the stretch that could’ve easily swung the game in our favor. There was a 1:30 stretch where we got fouled at the rim about 4 straight times down 3 and got 2 ft out of it.
Refs don’t call a perfect game just like players never play a perfect game. they missed some calls but nothing enough IMO that truly impacted the outcome of the game. Teams have really keyed in on how they want to attack UConn and that’s why they lost. Get Sanogo in foul trouble as well as attacking Cole off the dribble to do the same thing. Thought once they neutralized Sanogo and got both him/Cole sitting for the rest of the half, it was gonna be a tough game for UConn to win.

Reaction Score
Refs don’t call a perfect game just like players never play a perfect game. they missed some calls but nothing enough IMO that truly impacted the outcome of the game. Teams have really keyed in on how they want to attack UConn and that’s why they lost. Get Sanogo in foul trouble as well as attacking Cole off the dribble to do the same thing. Thought once they neutralized Sanogo and got both him/Cole sitting for the rest of the half, it was gonna be a tough game for UConn to win.
We watched 2 different games then. Martin was fouled on the fast break twice , Cole got fouled going to the basket twice as well. If one of those had been called it would’ve been a 1 point game with about 1:40 to play. They then immediately call a foul on Martin where the Xavier kid fumbled the ball out of bounds. That’s where Hurley got the tech. I disagree with him getting it there, but the refs let Xavier get ways with murder at the rim during that 1:30 stretch. It put the game out of reach

Reaction Score
Nah they were really bad today. If the game was called evenly we definitely win. Good teams overcome that but the team also played like crap so we didn't.
No, no they don’t. Refs missed some calls but it’s not why they lost, that’s silly. UConn didn’t play well enough to win, Xavier neutralized what UConn wanted to do.

Reaction Score
No, no they don’t. Refs missed some calls but it’s not why they lost, that’s silly. UConn didn’t play well enough to win, Xavier neutralized what UConn wanted to do.
Both things can be true

Reaction Score
We watched 2 different games then. Martin was fouled on the fast break twice , Cole got fouled going to the basket twice as well. If one of those had been called it would’ve been a 1 point game with about 1:40 to play. They then immediately call a foul on Martin where the Xavier kid fumbled the ball out of bounds. That’s where Hurley got the tech. I disagree with him getting it there, but the refs let Xavier get ways with murder at the rim during that 1:30 stretch. It put the game out of reach
Sure, fouls could’ve been called, I’m not disagreeing. I’m just saying it goes both ways too. UConn lost their composure, they got two technicals under 4:00 to go. Even beyond that they let Xavier run up double digit leads in the second half. It’s just hard to win games when that happens.

Reaction Score
Sure, fouls could’ve been called, I’m not disagreeing. I’m just saying it goes both ways too. UConn lost their composure, they got two technicals under 4:00 to go. Even beyond that they let Xavier run up double digit leads in the second half. It’s just hard to win games when that happens.
True. I just think where are missed calls we’re impacted the end of the game greatly.

Reaction Score
Martin did foul there. I don't think Martin was fouled on those drives. He just tries to muscle those up and alot of times it ends up in an ugly shot

Reaction Score
Martin did foul there. I don't think Martin was fouled on those drives. He just tries to muscle those up and alot of times it ends up in an ugly shot
The foul was after the ball was out of bounds. Martin got hacked on both drives

Reaction Score
We lost cuz we allowed them to shoot 50% from the field and we shot 38%. The questionable calls didn’t help but we played poorly. Blaming it on the refs is losers mindset.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom