Take a breath. | The Boneyard

Take a breath.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This was a disappointing loss but Xavier is a good team and we were on the road. The errors we made tonight are correctable.

We have a stretch coming up that is do or die:

@St. John's
Seton Hall
Xavier
Nova

If we can go 3-1 in that stretch, that would put us at 19-8 going into our final three games:
@Georgetown
@Creighton
DePaul

I think we can realistically finish 21-9 or 22-8. Remember: in March there are no true road games.

Reaction Score
This was a disappointing loss but Xavier is a good team and we were on the road. The errors we made tonight are correctable.

@St. John's
Seton Hall
Xavier
Nova

If we can go 3-1 in that stretch, that would put us at 19-8 going into our final three games:
@Georgetown
@Creighton
DePaul

I think we can realistically finish 21-9 or 22-8. Remember: in March there are no true road games.
The errors we made tonight are the same errors we've made all year...all of a sudden in late February they're now correctable ?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
The errors we made tonight are the same errors we've made all year...all of a sudden in late February they're now correctable ?
Technicals?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Sloppy play, poor coaching, multiple players taking nights off, getting nothing from: Whaley, Gaffney, Polley, Hawk , lack of shooting.

We didn't lose because of 2 technicals we lost because we're not a smart or particularly talented team. We have tons of heart but that's about it.
Polley îs a spot shooter. That is it. If you are expecting anything else from him you are going to be disappointed. The reason Gaffney is out there is because Diggins isn't proving it in practice. Whaley's main strength is rebounding-which he is doing. Hawkins is a freshman who has played pretty well this year.

The issue is that we ran into a team that has 4-5 really good players and they are long.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sloppy play, poor coaching, multiple players taking nights off, getting nothing from: Whaley, Gaffney, Polley, Hawk , lack of shooting.

We didn't lose because of 2 technicals we lost because we're not a smart or particularly talented team. We have tons of heart but that's about it.
Again with nothing from Whaley? What the hell did Sanogo contribute? He is the “star”. Whaley is not out there to be an offensive leader. He does so many other things that most on the team don’t do.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Yep. Not all of a sudden. They have been correctable, and still are. Let's see what happens.

Reaction Score

@St. John's
Seton Hall
Xavier
Nova

@Georgetown
@Creighton
DePaul

They’ll be fine, but I’ve been saying for awhile, they are what they are at this point. I’ll happily eat crow but I don’t see how this team suddenly makes some crazy run in the tourney. Feels more like baby steps for them. Wining a game in the tourney would be a success still imo.

Reaction Score
We beat the #18 team in the country on the road this year
1 ranked road victory. Go back the past 4 years. How many ranked road wins do we have??

Edit :

I’ll save you time. The answer is 1 and Marquette wasn’t even ranked when we played them. Not a single ranked road victory (at the time) in 4 years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Get to 20 wins in regular season definitely in tourney but that was hardly the goal to just get in. If had to guess would say 20-10 but no real gimmees besides Gtown I guess but on road.

Could get to 21 but I don't see 22. Next four games huge obviously...need 2-2 at minimim and 4 of final 7 overall.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It wasn't our worst loss this season. If the game was called more evenly we would have won. It's a tough loss because this would have been big for the tournament. Need to play better and the coaching needs to be better but I won't lose any sleep over it. Now we really need to win the next three.

Reaction Score
It wasn't our worst loss this season. If the game was called more evenly we would have won. It's a tough loss because this would have been big for the tournament. Need to play better and the coaching needs to be better but I won't lose any sleep over it. Now we really need to win the next three.
We need a massive collapse to miss the tourney

Reaction Score
They were not, but I think we can all agree that it was a good road win right? His statement was we never win on the road
My statement was “good teams win on the road” We have exactly 0 road wins vs ranked teams during Hurley’s tenure. Last year we didn’t beat a single decent team on the road. This year we have 1. If we want to take the next step we need to win road games against good teams.

Reaction Score

@St. John's
Seton Hall
Xavier
Nova

@Georgetown
@Creighton
DePaul

Can't argue but after seeing this team play today 3-1 doesn't seem that doable against those teams.

Reaction Score
My statement was “good teams win on the road” We have exactly 0 road wins vs ranked teams during Hurley’s tenure. Last year we didn’t beat a single decent team on the road. This year we have 1. If we want to take the next step we need to win road games against good teams.
We are 9-5 in Big East road games under Dan Hurley. I agree that we need to take the next step and start beating some of the top BE teams on the road, but the idea we're not winning on the road is false

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom