Tailgating Toys/Tips/Food | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tailgating Toys/Tips/Food

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I FINALLY got my Coolest Cooler (after pledging $185 in a Kickstarter campaign almost two years ago) and it is freaking awesome.
Come visit us at Gate C come this late summer and blend up a vodkarita or two.

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
Just read this. Best part of this article:
1UCF-axismag_display_image.jpg

Thanks for that.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how to make a corn hole set less slippery? I got a new set this year and the bags kind of flew off the board. I've googled this and it says to spray windex or degreasers on it. Wondering if anyone has any experience of this.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how to make a corn hole set less slippery? I got a new set this year and the bags kind of flew off the board. I've googled this and it says to spray windex or degreasers on it. Wondering if anyone has any experience of this.

Wait? We are doctoring corn hole boards? Isn't it being slick the point?

Can we get a commissioner ruling on this?

Reaction Score
Wait? We are doctoring corn hole boards? Isn't it being slick the point?

Can we get a commissioner ruling on this?
In my defense, it gets to the point where you only score if you get it in the hole (please no that's what she said)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
In my defense, it gets to the point where you only score if you get it in the hole (please no that's what she said)
The tip or the whole thing (C'mon!!!! It was sitting right there!!!)?

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
Windex helps, but it's the bags, not.the board. If you have real corn bags, you need to wear them in. You can put them in a few ziplock bags and in the dryer on no heat. (Or in a pillowcase.) Let them tumble for.an hour. It will break up the corn and soften the fabric. You can also carefully pound them with a mallet on a concrete floor. Just don't tear the seams. Once the fabric softens the corn dust will.help them stay. I tried a set of weatherproof bags with poly pellets and they SUCK. they are like teflon. Just wear them in and your corn bags will.be awesome in no time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

You can also lessen the number of coats of paint and clear coat. If you are trying to modify existing boards, you'd have to be very careful and skillful. Not worth it in my opinion.

If you want to get a bit more tack on them, find a bunch of drunk 40 year old wives in the parking lot, pour them margaritas and then put on Sublime's "Santeria". Due to involuntary relexes they'll all start drunk dancing with the cups over their head and spill margarita mix on to your board. You won't ever get all of that sugary mix off of them.

Reaction Score
If you want to get a bit more tack on them, find a bunch of drunk 40 year old wives in the parking lot, pour them margaritas and then put on Sublime's "Santeria". Due to involuntary relexes they'll all start drunk dancing with the cups over their head and spill margarita mix on to your board. You won't ever get all of that sugary mix off of them.

Literally choked when I read this... So true!! Gold!!

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Thinking about upgrading the tailgate grill. Anyone have this one? My chief concerns are weight, the ability to use it on a tabletop instead of hauling the stand around and how hot it gets, as in doesn't take a long time to cool down.

Will probably just get another coleman or a Q, but I figured due diligence and all...

Brinkmann Tailgate Portable Propane Grill | Bass Pro Shops: The Best Hunting, Fishing, Camping & Outdoor Gear
Subba I have had this Blackstone going on 4 seasons now:
Blackstone 36" Griddle Station : Cabela's
Still going strong..the griddle is awesome and cleans in seconds with a large sparkle knife and a bottle of water. The griddle top swaps out for a grill top. Of the tailgate grills I have had (Coleman grill to go, and a Party King grills Swing'n Smoke hitch mounted grill this one is the best hands down. Folds up nicely too.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Subba I have had this Blackstone going on 4 seasons now:
Blackstone 36" Griddle Station : Cabela's
Still going strong..the griddle is awesome and cleans in seconds with a large sparkle knife and a bottle of water. The griddle top swaps out for a grill top. Of the tailgate grills I have had (Coleman grill to go, and a Party King grills Swing'n Smoke hitch mounted grill this one is the best hands down. Folds up nicely too.

I've seen it fold up. I've also seen the blackstone in action. My concern is that we are currently a one vehicle tailgate kit near capacity. If I would need to bring the stand along, it would likely need it's own vehicle. Space and overall hassle are the issue. The coleman does a good enough job for me but I could sometime use a little more cooking space. I swear I saw someone using a 4 burner grill top like the brinkmann without a stand. It seemed like a very efficient system. I just don't want to buy one and either melt or set the tabletop on fire.

Reaction Score
I've seen it fold up. I've also seen the blackstone in action. My concern is that we are currently a one vehicle tailgate kit near capacity. If I would need to bring the stand along, it would likely need it's own vehicle. Space and overall hassle are the issue. The coleman does a good enough job for me but I could sometime use a little more cooking space. I swear I saw someone using a 4 burner grill top like the brinkmann without a stand. It seemed like a very efficient system. I just don't want to buy one and either melt or set the tabletop on fire.
Blackstone makes a smaller one too.Blackstone 28" Cookstation : Cabela's
if that makes a difference
I'm sure if you went with the grill on the tabletop you would have to make a stand...and my advice is to go to your local counter top shop and get a remnant piece of granite to place under it on top of the table...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thinking about upgrading the tailgate grill. Anyone have this one? My chief concerns are weight, the ability to use it on a tabletop instead of hauling the stand around and how hot it gets, as in doesn't take a long time to cool down.

Y'know we bought one of those big table top gas jobs a couple years in. It has it's moments, but we find ourselves dragging it out less and less.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Will probably just get another coleman or a Q, but I figured due diligence and all...

Brinkmann Tailgate Portable Propane Grill | Bass Pro Shops: The Best Hunting, Fishing, Camping & Outdoor Gear

Our group has the best of all worlds - we apparently breed the Coleman grills. Everyone has one, so our group is up to 3. That's potentially a grill, a griddle, and 2 stove burners. Nudge a friend to buy a coleman, and you double your space. Problem solved.

Reaction Score

I have had the previous version of this since the Rent opened...pretty banged up now and ready for a new one. It doesn't have the option of using it on a tabletop as the new version does and it is definitely a 2 person job to load/unload into a vehicle (we have a pickup truck). It does cool down pretty quickly and cooks very well. Main drawback is lack of protection from wind. Keeps going out when it is breezy and no real way to stop that from happening. I am leaning towards replacing with the one you are looking at...especially at that price. First time I have seen it under $200.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom