Taelon Martin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Taelon Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have Bad news on this front. He has been telling everyone that it is Ohio St vs UCLA with the Buckeyes leading. UCONN is not under consideration at this point. The coaching change did not make any difference to him. AAC is the problem here. We still have over one yr to change his mind but that is likely

Reaction Score
I have Bad news on this front. He has been telling everyone that it is Ohio St vs UCLA with the Buckeyes leading. UCONN is not under consideration at this point. The coaching change did not make any difference to him. AAC is the problem here. We still have over one yr to change his mind but that is likely

Ohio St and UCLA are 2 very odd choices for a young man out of the Springfield MA area. This will change although maybe not UConn.

Reaction Score
Ohio St and UCLA are 2 very odd choices for a young man out of thte Springfield MA area. This will change although maybe not UConn.
He was telling everyone in a charity tournament in Springfield last month that he is going to Ohio St. I actually don't blame him for wanting to get out of here ASAP. I did not know Ohio St or UCLA was even recruiting him.

Reaction Score
I don’t know what “it” is but this guy has it.

Dare I say a Ray Allen vibe to it.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I have Bad news on this front. He has been telling everyone that it is Ohio St vs UCLA with the Buckeyes leading.
This makes a certain amount of sense given that he's described Ohio State as his dream school in the past. His uncle, I think it was, is a big college football fan and that's his team.

I hope we keep recruiting him and I hope we get him. But that said, given some of the obstacles the young man's faced, it might be best for him to get out of dodge.

Best of luck to him either way. And FWIW this one's far from done.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

But where does St. John's lie in the pecking order?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Well now we know, UConn has a lot of ground to make up and that he’s looking to get out of the area.

So...

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Look at how much space he creates with that cross-over @ :58 lol

Reaction Score
This makes a certain amount of sense given that he's described Ohio State as his dream school in the past. His uncle, I think it was, is a big college football fan and that's his team.

I hope we keep recruiting him and I hope we get him. But that said, given some of the obstacles the young man's faced, it might be best for him to get out of dodge.

Best of luck to him either way. And FWIW this one's far from done.
U r a true insider. U know inside info about his family situation that only one who play with or coach him knows

Reaction Score
The St Johns joker is trying to say we're out on a top recruit? Color me shocked. This kid is class of 2020, something tells me he isn't down to two schools yet.
Me n You have been the Dick Morris of 2012. At least I made one mistake eonly. U r wrong about everything since 2016.

Reaction Score
So...
recruiting is fluid. He loved UCONN/UMASS when they were his only major offers. Now that Ohio ST and UCLA r in. Well, its like dumping the girl next door for Kate Upton

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
recruiting is fluid. He loved UCONN/UMASS when they were his only major offers. Now that Ohio ST and UCLA r in. Well, its like dumping the girl next door for Kate Upton

Then what do you call leaving UConn for St. John's because they fire your buddy?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

I would hardly say the difference between UConn and tOSU's basketball programs is akin to a Connecticut 5 vs. Kate Upton. But if it is, tOSU could probably fix that to some degree with a push up bra and a trip to Ulta. C'mon they don't look that bad.

Reaction Score
So OSU is Kate Upton and UConn is "girl next door"

001.jpg

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
U r a true insider. U know inside info about his family situation that only one who play with or coach him knows
You continue to be an abject failure at everything.

Martin, whose Putnam Vo-Tech team fell in a Massachusetts Division I state semifinal last winter, dreams of the biggest of Power Five programs one day offering him, but his dream school may not be what some might expect.

"Ohio State," Martin said with a laugh. "That's my dream school. I grew up watching Ohio State football. My uncle was a big football fan and he used to force me to watch when he came over to the house.

LINK

Martin grew up with his mother Regina Murphy and her husband Hence Cox. His biological father Michael was out of the picture from an early age, imprisoned for eight years on weapons charges when Martin was six. Michael got out of prison in 2016 but went back less than a year later. Murphy isn't certain what the charge was the second time.

Cox, who became the man Martin knew as a father in his early life, was killed in a trucking accident when Martin was 11. Shortly afterward, Murphy was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, which made her CNA job impossible to continue.

LINK

So to reiterate my initial point: The kid's been through a lot and it might be best for him to get some distance. And he's always wanted to go to Ohio State.

Now shoo.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Me n You have been the Dick Morris of 2012. At least I made one mistake eonly. U r wrong about everything since 2016.
You made the biggest mistake. You’re forever known as “the St John’s fan.” And nobody likes you here.

Be shook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01