Taelon Martin | The Boneyard

Taelon Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

His shot has improved a TON since last summer. It's still a bit robotic and two-motion, but it really has improved. Expect it to get better this summer too, I'm sure.

He has a a LOT of creative finishes for his age.

Watching him play this year, he's turning into a really well-rounded point guard for his age. At his previous school he was just a scorer scorer scorer. He's making some nice passes.

Look at how high his head is getting on some of those blocks. Jesus. His vertical is insane. Explosive athlete.

I can also tell you he plays with fire that this team is missing. I hope our new coach can get him here.

Reaction Score
Know his inner circle. He will probably stay local and UCONN is leading. He is a tough kid, leaving Springfield was the best thing for him.
Sure you do.

Reaction Score
Know his inner circle. He will probably stay local and UCONN is leading. He is a tough kid, leaving Springfield was the best thing for him.

If we make a coaching change, would that change his thinking ? Thanks.

Reaction Score
Look who shot he pinned on that block :eek:
e.jpg

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
There’s an awful lot of there there. He’s got really long arms, and is probably still growing. Has handle with both hands. Sees the whole court. Doesn’t over-penetrate unlike some of our current players. Has a great touch inside the arc and with some work can expand his range. And the hops.

Sign him up as soon as possible.

Reaction Score
If we make a coaching change, would that change his thinking ? Thanks.
I was gonna say that even if he’s BSing us, plenty of quality kids from the region will want to stay close to home and UConn will still have value here; hell you could sell the top kids on being the ones to bring UConn back to prominence and become legends. The value of a UConn degree will always be there too (as tertiary a concern as it may be for some kids). There will always be fans ready for UConn to be great again

The combination of proximity, history, academics, and fan base should always be attractive, and KO (or any coach besides JC) is not at all a necessary part of that package

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is a rare opportunity for UConn fans to show him some love that only Husky fans know how to do.

With the NEPSAC Tourney starting... show out @ Masters School.

Make sure to bring your thick wallets to seal the deal on these tasty treats. I heard they have the best snacks in the state at the game. They are not cheap though.

Reaction Score
It is a rare opportunity for UConn fans to show him some love that only Husky fans know how to do.

With the NEPSAC Tourney starting... show out @ Masters School.

Make sure to bring your thick wallets to seal the deal on these tasty treats. I heard they have the best snacks in the state at the game. They are not cheap though.

Is the schedule online somewhere?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not one of your constructive posts.
How come?

It’s very constructive. The poster in question has a poor track record in terms of general knowledge of UConn basketball, much less prognostication. Highlighting those people and shaming them for spreading bad info does a service to all other users who come here looking for accurate information.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It’s very constructive. The poster in question has a poor track record in terms of general knowledge of UConn basketball, much less prognostication. Highlighting those people and shaming them for spreading bad info does a service to all other users who come here looking for accurate information.

By your not connecting the dots more literally, I took your post for sarcasm and didn't know who was more credible. Instead, it just read a a put down, which increased the board's lamentable negativity and offered no clarity.

Shaming is a questionable ploy because some posters here are incapable of feeling shame. Some here would even include you among them. I offer no opinion in that matter.

Here, I can't come to any conclusion that you are constructing anything valuable. Especially with regard to someone who is 2020, I'd have gotten more out of reading from you, "Given what you've written in the past, I don't have confidence in your claim he wants to stay close to home and favors UConn. Why should I or other readers believe you?"

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
By your not connecting the dots more literally, I took your post for sarcasm and didn't know who was more credible. Instead, it just read a a put down, which increased the board's lamentable negativity and offered no clarity.

Shaming is a questionable ploy because some posters here are incapable of feeling shame. Some here would even include you among them. I offer no opinion in that matter.

Here, I can't come to any conclusion that you are constructing anything valuable. Especially with regard to someone who is 2020, I'd have gotten more out of reading from you, "Given what you've written in the past, I don't have confidence in your claim he wants to stay close to home and favors UConn. Why should I or other readers believe you?"

You've obviously followed the team this year. I am the resident expert on hopeless crusades here, and yours in search of decreasing negativity given what's happening on the court is indeed one.

I'm not going to change my phrasing in the future. Have a good night.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You've obviously followed the team this year. I am the resident expert on hopeless crusades here, and yours in search of decreasing negativity given what's happening on the court is indeed one.

I'm not going to change my phrasing in the future. Have a good night.
Thanks for weighing n.

In a completely different context & venue, I once had someone tell me that what I'd written was "arrogant in the original meaning if the word." I'd apply the the same to your claiming "resident expert" status.

And I'll continue to doubt that such efforts have made a constructive contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom