Taboo on FX | The Boneyard

Taboo on FX

Reaction Score
Tom Hardy is excellent, love almost any character he plays. Only one show but it seems like a perfect fit. Interesting opening, a little witchcraft but cold be good.

Jonathan Pryce, High Sparrow G.O.T's also an interesting character early who has certainly proven early to be a problem for Hardy. Good first show, different though.

Reaction Score
Just watched it I'm a huge Peaky Blinders and when I saw the creator of that was involved I was on board. I agree the first episode is very mysterious and a little slow, but I have a feeling a lot is going to happen. Can't wait.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I recorded it but haven't watched it yet. It looks interesting.

Edit: I watched the first two episodes. It looks pretty good, quirky but pretty good. I'm in.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just watched it I'm a huge Peaky Blinders and when I saw the creator of that was involved I was on board. I agree the first episode is very mysterious and a little slow, but I have a feeling a lot is going to happen. Can't wait.

Haven't seen the non-pr0n Taboo yet, but Peaky Blinders is awesome. Some great, great acting there, especially by Hardy, Sam Neill, and Cillian Murphy.

Anyone who hasn't watched it should check it out.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Really like this show. Hardy is awesome. Some of the deep "brogue" or what ever it is...cockney?...is annoying.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen the non-pr0n Taboo yet, but Peaky Blinders is awesome. Some great, great acting there, especially by Hardy, Sam Neill, and Cillian Murphy.

Anyone who hasn't watched it should check it out.

Peaky Blinders is awesome very underrated.

As Hardy fans you guys need to watch the movie "Legend" - amazing playing both parts!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Who's in this? Ginger Lynn? Seka?

That would be the great Kay Parker. She had an incredible set of assets. As a young man, she was my Mrs Robinson.

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember the Berlin Drive In on the Berlin Tpke? It used to be a drive in movie that showed X rated films. There was this tall wooden fence around the perimeter, maybe 15-20 ft high. Someone would always creep through the woods and pull down a few planks so there were spots that you could see into and, in high school, we'd drive around and around, slowing down to look in those open spots.

Kids these days have no idea how hard it was to get your spank bank material back then...

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember the Berlin Drive In on the Berlin Tpke? It used to be a drive in movie that showed X rated films. There was this tall wooden fence around the perimeter, maybe 15-20 ft high. Someone would always creep through the woods and pull down a few planks so there were spots that you could see into and, in high school, we'd drive around and around, slowing down to look in those open spots.

Kids these days have no idea how hard it was to get your spank bank material back then...

Dude me and my boys were plank back boys......originally I had a date in HS I was going to the Hartford Drive Inn to see a movie and by mistake took her to see Seka instead. Worked out ok!

Reaction Score
didn't watch #2 until last night, all in still like the direction.

Reaction Score
Dude me and my boys were plank back boys.originally I had a date in HS I was going to the Hartford Drive Inn to see a movie and by mistake took her to see Seka instead. Worked out ok!

I'm gonna guess that didn't turn out to be Mrs Mau!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This thread just got me binging Peaky Blinders with Mrs. Dove. We both loved it. The sets and costumes are great. Just finished episode 6.

12 to go.

Reaction Score
Three episodes in and this show is great already. All the sets, locations and costumes are really doing a great job of portraying the time period, it's like Deadwood in that way (an all time fave). I'm hooked. Totally intriguing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My wife wants to watch this one. Missed it so far, so need to catch up. Hope it is on on Demand or streaming somewhere.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Started watching this and we are up to episode 5. Really well done and engrossing show. I really don't get the sister thing though.

CL82

Reaction Score
Started watching this and we are up to episode 5. Really well done and engrossing show. I really don't get the sister thing though.
Me thinks that might be the (or at least one) reason for the title. It's a pretty weird show, good, but weird. That's part of what makes it so engaging. Surprisingly racy for basic cable.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Me thinks that might be the (or at least one) reason for the title. It's a pretty weird show, good, but weird. That's part of what makes it so engaging. Surprisingly racy for basic cable.

It's an emphasis on the character's darkness, and penchant and/or desire to explore the forbidden parts of humanity (incest/black magic/murder etc).

Reaction Score
Yea, just finished the season last night. Great finale and just tight storytelling all the way around. Can't wait to see what's in store next season.
The New World awaits!
Zilpha is or isn't dead? I'm the tiniest bit unclear but I feel like we haven't seen the last of her either way.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yea, just finished the season last night. Great finale and just tight storytelling all the way around. Can't wait to see what's in store next season.
The New World awaits!
Zilpha is or isn't dead? I'm the tiniest bit unclear but I feel like we haven't seen the last of her either way.
Re: spoiler # 2. I don't think so because
Delaney can see/speak to the dead. Given their relationship, I'd expect her to come to him right after she passed. JMO.

Reaction Score
Re: spoiler # 2. I don't think so because
Delaney can see/speak to the dead. Given their relationship, I'd expect her to come to him right after she passed. JMO.
Yea he said she hadn't "sung" to him as the dead do apparently when speaking with Mrs. Lorna Bow, ahem, Delaney. In thinking back I couldn't remember if they had touched upon it again before the end of the episode. I'd go back but I deleted it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom