Syracuse's schedule | The Boneyard

Syracuse's schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, there is no reason why they shouldn't go undefeated well into February.

Their OOC was typical Syracuse, but their Big East schedule is very friendly right up until the end of the season.

They have a tough game at Notre Dame in a couple of weeks, but they really do not play a ranked team until the second week of February and they don't played a ranked team on the road until February 13th at Louisville. They're going to have a shot to avoid the Kansas State-style mugging that Mizzou got today. (Eventually, everyone is due for an asskicking.)

They have UConn and UL twice in the last two weeks, but even if they get no better than a split there, that won't hurt them.

Reaction Score
They've pretty much locked up a #1 seed.

I'd be surprised if they won it all, but Cuse fans are rightly sticking their hairy chests out.

Reaction Score
They've now played two decent teams this year, both at home. But we don't really know how good those two teams are. Florida is currently coming off two road losses to Rutgers and Tennessee, dropping them to 0-4 on the road this season. Suddenly that win isn't looking as impressive. Marquette has lost like four out of five since their hot start, and might drop out of the top 25 coming off an 0-2 week. Obviously Cuse is very good, but we still don't know how good. It's going to depend on the matchups for them in the tournament, but I agree with you, they'll probably stay undefeated for another couple weeks and earn a one seed.

Reaction Score
A major endorsement/agreement coming soon, live from Florida, @ 6'7' 260lbs ...........................................................

Reaction Score
I seriously hope that this thread is just for the sake of pointing out that Syracuse has played a weak schedule and no one really knows how great they are yet. If this thread was started to criticize their schedule, look at the schedule UConn has played thus far....no one real impressive on that list. I've said it before: if UConn didn't lose 2 games they have the talent and ability to win easily, they'd be the top-ranked team in the nation and every other team's fan bases would be criticizing the weak schedule.

Reaction Score
Columbia, Wagner, Maine, Coppin State, UNC-A, UCF (L), FSU (OT), Arkansas, Harvard, HC, Fairfield, USF, SJU, SH (L).

And SU has a weak schedule.

Reaction Score
i don't get this schedule stuff. we have the #3 strength of schedule and #4 projected. everybody in the conference plays the same schedule, and we play both uconn and ville twice. there are plenty of chances left for us to lose games.

Reaction Score
i don't get this schedule stuff. we have the #3 strength of schedule and #4 projected. everybody in the conference plays the same schedule, and we play both uconn and ville twice. there are plenty of chances left for us to lose games.

Not to mention they were rated as having the 5th ooc schedule over the last ten years but keep ignoring facts and listening to vitale

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not quite what to make of them in the tournament - I think they're a one-seed unless an earthquake swallows them up. The only issues are that they have a propensity to blow up my brackets, they haven't been good in the tourney in a while and they have Scoop Jardine.

In their favor - they're way deep, Scoop Jardine has toned down his Scoop Jardine-ness and they are older than the average Pitt team. You rather have talented 21-22-23 year olds than talented 18-19 year olds.

We'll see. Given their age and experience, perhaps JB should have broken character and put the wood to 'em in the OOC schedule to toughen them a bit more.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

The schedule games the numbers - it's not a hard schedule. I would say the exact same thing for UConn's schedule - looks fine in SOS terms, but in reality, they should have played better teams.

Reaction Score
I just know their will be a team that gets hot n we lose....its clockwork in the tourney

Reaction Score
The schedule games the numbers - it's not a hard schedule. I would say the exact same thing for UConn's schedule - looks fine in SOS terms, but in reality, they should have played better teams.
i'm just not sure what else we are supposed to do. florida was a home game because we already played them away. we played kansas in kansas city a year or two ago. we did a home and home with kentucky in the 90's and beat them and that was the end of that. we did a home and home with michigan state and beat them twice and that was the end of that. do you think that ooc teams are clamoring to play in the dome? why should we have to play anyone away if they won't give us a return game.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Cop out.

Yes, teams would go to the Dome. Problem is that Syracuse would then have to leave the Dome to return the game...

North Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, Michigan State, Indiana, Michigan, etc., etc., have all found their way to Storrs in the recent past. Those games are out there - television helps make 'em happen.

All a school needs to do is say yes.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
i'm just not sure what else we are supposed to do. florida was a home game because we already played them away. we played kansas in kansas city a year or two ago. we did a home and home with kentucky in the 90's and beat them and that was the end of that. we did a home and home with michigan state and beat them twice and that was the end of that. do you think that ooc teams are clamoring to play in the dome? why should we have to play anyone away if they won't give us a return game.

6 games in 12-22 years (depending on the years on the KY deal). Six.

Thanks for proving our point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul