Syracuse University area - good restaurants? | The Boneyard

Syracuse University area - good restaurants?

Reaction Score
We're taking the daughter to Syracuse for a college tour (yeah, I know) - wondering if there's any must-see restaraunts in the city. We'll only be there 2 days/1 night and was hoping for a nice dinner with her.

Reaction Score
We're taking the daughter to Syracuse for a college tour (yeah, I know) - wondering if there's any must-see restaraunts in the city. We'll only be there 2 days/1 night and was hoping for a nice dinner with her.
Not sure what type of food you like but here are some options to consider...

Italian
Santangelos
Francesca's Cucina
Grotto
Avicolli's
Joey's
Rico's
Attilio's
Angotti's
Pastabilities
Delmonico's

There are many good Italian restaurants in the area....

Burgers/Pub Food
Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ale 'n' Angus Pub
Loded

Polish/Eastern European
Eva's European Sweets

Asian
Lemon Grass

Mexican
Elephant and The Dove (Skaneateles)
Alto Cinco
Guadalajara
Margarita Mexican Cantina
XO Taco

American
The Sherwood Inn
Inn Between (Camillus)

BBQ
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
When doing college tours, it's necessary to see lots of schools to contrast and compare. Hopefully your trip to Canada will show you a lesser school yet expensive. I pray your daughter does the right thing.
Have a great time. Safe travels.

Reaction Score
When doing college tours, it's necessary to see lots of schools to contrast and compare. Hopefully your trip to Canada will show you a lesser school yet expensive. I pray your daughter does the right thing.
Have a great time. Safe travels.
she's also looking at Providence :rolleyes:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I feel like you failed her somehow. :p
I had told my son numerous times all the schools I would be proud that he got accepted to, but don't even think of buying me their gear as presents. BCU, Syracuse, Duke & UNC were on the list along with some other schools. Much to my joy, he chose UConn. Sophomore.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We made it a point to stop at Dinosaur when we were driving through about 10 years ago. I thought it was great. I really liked their sides. Last summer we went to the Dinosaur in Rochester and it was great.

Reaction Score
I felt like dinosaur BBQ was pretty overrated. The Stamford one and next to the Prudential center (both since closed down) weren't anything special but maybe the OG Syracuse one is good?

Reaction Score
I felt like dinosaur BBQ was pretty overrated. The Stamford one and next to the Prudential center (both since closed down) weren't anything special but maybe the OG Syracuse one is good?
Yeah, made the mistake of eating at the Stamford location for my rehearsal dinner. My wife and I spent most of our wedding day at or near the bathroom. It wasn’t typical BBQ food: almost like more preservatives or something in it making it less “real”.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The overrated/underrated nonsense is just noise with most of these places.

We ate at Dinosaur in Syracuse last year and it was good - no reservations, first come-first served and it is busy, but the food and the service are both good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom