Syracuse in the Final 4 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Syracuse in the Final 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
yeah here's a sane and rational response -WOW

It's him gt. He's a smart az dyck to everyone. Never has anything nice to say. Avatar probably doesn't help either.

Reaction Score
Nice tbing is we got these last two titles, so we have a safe 4-1 lead. If it was still 2-1 this would be a rough week. But clearly the OU-VU winner will become this year's Wisconsin --the team we hope will save us from misery (either UNC or Cuse), but which will probably lose and tick us off.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's him gt. He's a smart az dyck to everyone. Never has anything nice to say. Avatar probably doesn't help either.
Telling someone to get hit by a bus is BS
If the guy is in fact a db - ignore him
I haven't really followed him - sorry

Reaction Score
Jack-Donaghy-Pouring-Alcohol-Loop-30-Rock.gif

Reaction Score
Nice tbing is we got these last two titles, so we have a safe 4-1 lead. If it was still 2-1 this would be a rough week. But clearly the OU-VU winner will become this year's Wisconsin --the team we hope will save us from misery (either UNC or Cuse), but which will probably lose and tick us off.
This. Since we've won #4, I have preferences for who I want to win, but I don't ultimately care the way I once did. The one exception was that I didn't want an undefeated UK team winning the title. But, in 2008 the idea of Cal winning a title with Memphis made me sick.

Maybe it's age and experience, but I think four trophies in 16 years really mitigates emotions well.

Reaction Score
Regardless of the feelings you may have about Syracuse, that was a phenomenal victory. All the pundits thought they should have been in a play-in game---or not even in the Tourney. Big props to JB and the Orange.

The pundits were right. It's not about what you could do, it's about what you have done. The committee f&#*d up . . .

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
This. Since we've won #4, I have preferences for who I want to win, but I don't ultimately care the way I once did. The one exception was that I didn't want an undefeated UK team winning the title. But, in 2008 the idea of Cal winning a title with Memphis made me sick.

Maybe it's age and experience, but I think four trophies in 16 years really mitigates emotions well.
It's mellowed me out toward Duke, Georgetown, Louisville & Nova -- all of whom I really, really used to hate.

But somehow I hate Syracuse more than ever, and last year I desperately, desperately didn't want UK to go undefeated. Most I've celebrated a non-UConn result since '85 (which was before I grew to hate Nova).

EDIT: And I'm actually rooting for UNC, because I think they have a better shot at beating 'Cuse than ND does. Makes me sick, but... it is what it is.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

I'm like this for the most part. I don't really get people who hate Villanova, say.
But the Syracuse thing is galling not because they shouldn't have been selected this year, but that they shouldn't have been eligible. They gamed the system by self-banning last year, and it paid off in the best way possible for them. Hard to root for that.

Reaction Score
I dont want to sound bitter, but Syracuse had the most unchallenging trip to a Final Four in the history of the NCAA Tournament. Thats just a fact. It means nothing that Virginia was a 1 seed because it was just a conference game on a neutral floor which is basically a toss up. The fact they are getting another ACC team in the Final Four (probably UNC) is crazy as well. In the tournament, you have no control over who you play and it really is survive and advance. Thats what makes the tournament so crazy. I give Syracuse credit for getting it done, but they really had it easy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Just praying Buddy Hield is Kemba Walker.

I was never feeling that from Kaminsky.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Syracuse's opponents:

1st round: 7 Dayton. Lowest seed they could have possibly played in this game: 7 seed.

2nd round: 15 MTSU. Lowest seed they could have possibly played in this game: 15 seed.

3rd round: 11 Gonzaga. Lowest seed they could have possibly played in this game: 14 seed.

They had been very lucky with their draw to this point, but give them credit, they passed the first real test put in front of them seed-wise tonight when UVA decided they didn't want to play anymore. Let's hope UNC doesn't go as easy on them. Juice the Cuse.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
The fact that Virginia was a conference opponent made me really worried about this game. No surprises from anyone. Syracuse did what it had to do, but man they caught a lot of breaks along the way.

Reaction Score
I dont want to sound bitter, but Syracuse had the most unchallenging trip to a Final Four in the history of the NCAA Tournament. Thats just a fact. It means nothing that Virginia was a 1 seed because it was just a conference game on a neutral floor which is basically a toss up. The fact they are getting another ACC team in the Final Four (probably UNC) is crazy as well. In the tournament, you have no control over who you play and it really is survive and advance. Thats what makes the tournament so crazy. I give Syracuse credit for getting it done, but they really had it easy.
Getting another ACC team in the final 4 isn't a good thing for them, Carolina is the best team in the country and it's not all that close.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
**** that idiot who started those "I'm rooting for Syracuse" threads. Idiot.

g6nDYL6.gif
We should f-------g hang that commie!

Reaction Score
This run by Cuse made me fully understand how much I hate them.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
The only scenario left for the discerning fan is:

UNC over Syracuse (by a million)
OU over Villanova

OU over UNC.

That's how it has to go.
So mote it be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics