Syracuse has 6 Players on Tranfer Portal List. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Syracuse has 6 Players on Tranfer Portal List.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe but there is nothing for me to go off, I'm not just going to assume the worst. The graduate students, we have no idea what they want in a masters program, whether they were admitted into the program at Syracuse, whether Syracuse even has the graduate program they want. And the suspended kids I guess there is no way to win, if the coach doesn't provide discipline and suspend kids for breaking the rules it may make his program worse. So he took action and disciplined them and now all of them are leaving. The suspended kids barely played so to me that is more addition by subtraction. Coach Q has a big incoming class, last thing you want is those incoming freshmen to be surrounded by kids who are breaking team rules that are serious enough that they didn't even travel to NCAA tournament. Not all transfers are bad, some may benefit Cuse. Now the Engstler one probably hurts the most but many of the others are not big losses at all, we are talking end of bench players.
If you have one suspended kid, I guess you can make an argument that it was one bad apple. If you have six suspended kids, you either got a program out of control or really questionable recruiting. I mean I guess you could make the argument that Q got unlucky six times, but that seems unlikely.

Reaction Score
Engstler was moved from starter to bench player, so I could see a reason why she would hit the portal, also going to Louisville is a sign she wants a chance at a conference championship. If Williams or Cardoso hit the portal, then I would say something is going on.

Reaction Score
Honestly, how does the HC survive when the entire team (pretty much) jumps ship?????

My guess is based on who is left and who is coming in. As some have noted, several of the players transferring are seniors who look like they're trying to leverage the extra year they're receiving. Yes, several of those who were suspended are transferring out as well and that raises an eyebrow for me. However there is a business side to this as well.

Syracuse hasn't had an incoming freshman class this highly ranked/talented in their history if my memory serves correct. In my opinion, I can't see an AD letting Coach Q go unless there was something very serious to justify it. We've seen players ask for (and get) their release when a coaching change happens. This would put them in a deeper hole in comparison to a squad that could potentially be good, which would bring attention and more revenue to the school.

I can see Coach Q getting another year or two at least to see what happens. Whether it's right / wrong is a separate matter.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Honestly, how does the HC survive when the entire team (pretty much) jumps ship?????
Because you only need 7 or 8 players. His future All American is still there and he has recruits coming in. Besides, the portal works both ways.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And one of the portal entrants was a walk on at Syracuse - my understanding is that it is 5 players that are already graduated (including the walk-on.) That means in a normal year half of these players would not be in the portal because they would have used up eligibility - 5 transfers isn't a great picture either, but it is less 'shocking;. With four players coming in as freshmen and a 15 player roster this season, that would be a 9 player team next year if Syracuse doesn't accept any transfers. smaller than usual but not tiny.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
that would be a 9 player team next year if Syracuse doesn't accept any transfers. smaller than usual but not tiny.
Cuse is a perennial tournament team these days. I bet they are getting calls from good players.

Reaction Score
Maybe Celeste Taylor will be trading one color orange for another color orange.

Reaction Score
They're back up to 14 players. They're fine. No coach wants to suspend 4 players and be shorthanded of all times during the tournament. Not sure what they did, but in the long run, the coach nor the program can have this. If they didn't like being held accountable...be glad they're gone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“Everybody wants our players. So, we must be doing something right.”
I Dont Know Michael Fassbender GIF

Reaction Score
If you have one suspended kid, I guess you can make an argument that it was one bad apple. If you have six suspended kids, you either got a program out of control or really questionable recruiting. I mean I guess you could make the argument that Q got unlucky six times, but that seems unlikely.
Geno has had a few big miss classes. No. Not 6 players bad but 3 or 4 that didn’t work out.
And no not suspended but still I’m saying mistakes can happen. And there’s the possibility that one bad apple can spoil a bunch ....

again shows the value in Genos ability to get non superstar but quality kids like Autumn to add a stabilizing force to the roster.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kamilla Cardoso has entered the Portal.

Don't think she would be interested in UConn. If I'm her, I would have to consider Baylor or Texas with their coaches history of developing Post Players.

Reaction Score

Don't think she would be interested in UConn. If I'm her, I would have to consider Baylor or Texas with their coaches history of developing Post Players.
Wow....I hope she and Engstler are good friends...would love to see her as a Cardinal.

Reaction Score
Baylor has two senior post players although I would prefer Cardoso over Egbo.... not that Egbo isn't good

Reaction Score
Just posted this on the April Transfer thread, but I'm still cracking up over the comment.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Johnnie Harris at Auburn would be considered for KC as well i would think.

Reaction Score

.... or LSU?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom