Syracuse has 6 Players on Tranfer Portal List. | The Boneyard

Syracuse has 6 Players on Tranfer Portal List.

Reaction Score
Kiara Lewis and Amaya Finklea-Guity have reported entered the transfer portal out of Syracuse.

Wow. Lewis was already a 5th year senior as she transferred from Ohio State. She will be at her 3rd school in 6 years.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Out with the old, in with the new?

A look at the roster and the article reveals that:

- Of the 7 returnees, six are freshmen and one a sophomore.
This includes co-ACC Rookie of the Year, Center Kamilla Cardoso, and sweet shooting guard Priscilla Williams.

They'll be joined next year by incoming freshmen Latisha Lattimore and pg Shayeann Day-Wilson, both from Toronto.

- One freshman, Faith Blackstone, is leaving, but all the others are upperclassman and a few (Kiara Lewis, Digna Strautmane) have one year left.

Tiana Mangakahia is going to make a go at being pro next year and it looked like everyone who played with her (Strautmane, Lewis, Engstler, Amaya Finklea-Guity) is out the door. Was it voluntary? Or nundged?

Just a thought: while NCAA rosters can go over the 15-person limit next year, schools are ultimately the ones that decide if they'll pay the scholarships. In the case of a senior or grad student, maybe the 'cuse said "thanks, great you have a degree, but sorry. see ya." Or something to that effect.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Dillon - everyone seems to be think all these transfers are about basketball. The ones using a fifth year eligibility are probably not thinking about basketball as a future at all - they are thinking about masters programs and life after their CBB career. And the number of undergrads that stay at the same school for grad school is pretty low - some schools active discourage their undergrads from staying for grad school and some schools have limited grad degrees.

Reaction Score
I thought Cuse had some pretty decent players... That's a lot to lose. Somebody's not happy with the head coach there... Thought he was pretty good....

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Another fan blog is reporting that Syracuse now has 10 in the portal.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So far, the two most important players that didn't enter the portal are Cardoso and Priscilla Williams. Syracuse has a great recruiting class and I think will be the benefit of the portal because Cardoso, should she stay, will someone that top talent will want to play with.

Engstler is a giant loss and Q has completely failed her for 3 years. Strautmane, Lewin, Flinkley, and Djaldi-Tabdi are all seniors who have played 4 seasons. I mean, I live in Syracuse-if I got a Syracuse degree and a free year of eligibility, you bet your ass I'm going somewhere warm. We are supposed to get 8" of snow tonight. Taleah Washington was probably going to be the starting PG next year, but I believe that she and a few others on that list were among the team members who were suspended the end of the season, so it's no surprise they're out of there.

Reaction Score
So far, the two most important players that didn't enter the portal are Cardoso and Priscilla Williams. Syracuse has a great recruiting class and I think will be the benefit of the portal because Cardoso, should she stay, will someone that top talent will want to play with.

Engstler is a giant loss and Q has completely failed her for 3 years. Strautmane, Lewin, Flinkley, and Djaldi-Tabdi are all seniors who have played 4 seasons. I mean, I live in Syracuse-if I got a Syracuse degree and a free year of eligibility, you bet your ass I'm going somewhere warm. We are supposed to get 8" of snow tonight. Taleah Washington was probably going to be the starting PG next year, but I believe that she and a few others on that list were among the team members who were suspended the end of the season, so it's no surprise they're out of there.
The 2 kids from Canada are going to start next year Latasha Lattimore, and Shayeann Day-Wilson at PG. They played 2 years with UConn's Aaliyah Edwards, so they know how to play as a team. Not like many of the Syracuse players this year. Q let too many of the upper class players put up horrible shots.

Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
4 were suspended. 4 graduated. I know 10 sounds bad but if 40% of them had off the court issue that led to suspension and 40% have their degrees, it is not as bad as people make it seem.
Or is it worse? It sure feels like a program out of control.

Reaction Score
Or is it worse? It sure feels like a program out of control.

Maybe but there is nothing for me to go off, I'm not just going to assume the worst. The graduate students, we have no idea what they want in a masters program, whether they were admitted into the program at Syracuse, whether Syracuse even has the graduate program they want. And the suspended kids I guess there is no way to win, if the coach doesn't provide discipline and suspend kids for breaking the rules it may make his program worse. So he took action and disciplined them and now all of them are leaving. The suspended kids barely played so to me that is more addition by subtraction. Coach Q has a big incoming class, last thing you want is those incoming freshmen to be surrounded by kids who are breaking team rules that are serious enough that they didn't even travel to NCAA tournament. Not all transfers are bad, some may benefit Cuse. Now the Engstler one probably hurts the most but many of the others are not big losses at all, we are talking end of bench players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom