Syracuse-Duke one of ESPN's Most Watched Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Syracuse-Duke one of ESPN's Most Watched Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They were promoting what they had on their network? THE NERVE!!!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay inside your cubicle in Bristol. Your company is no longer what it was built to be, it's a corrupt industry giant out of control.

Reaction Score
So let me get this straight, your mad at ESPN because they were advertising a game for a conference they own the rights to on their own networks and website? HOW DARE THEY!!!

There is nothing illegal about what ESPN is doing. They are promoting teams they have a vested interest in seeing do well. In the world of capitalism, thats called advertising.

You sound like a commie...

I am the furthest thing from a communist you can possibly imagine, and you have no idea what a free market is, or what capitalism means.

Reaction Score
I am the furthest thing from a communist you can possibly imagine, and you have no idea what a free market is, or what capitalism means.

Please explain what ESPN did for the Duke-Cuse game that was so against the law Comrade?

Reaction Score
I'm going to walk you through the absurdity of your posts on this game.

A. Only a loser with nothing better to do would watch it. Well 5 million watched.
No true UConn Fan would watch a game between these two teams. What team do you you actually support? Duke with one of he most hyped Freshman of all time playing against number 1 . With the first time angle.
B. You've got better things to do than watch it. But yet not better than posting 100 times about it. Also you've got 15k posts on a message board. Talk about the time you read other message boards and reply within 5 minutes every time I quote one of your posts. I guess that was the one time you had something better to do.
Isn't that just a tad hypocritical coming from a guy with 8,600 epistles.

C. Nobody in Buffalo cares about Syracuse. Well, I'm certainly not saying that it's a hotbed... But they broke the record.
I think he was using hyperbole. The key indicator is the word no.
D. They broke the record because it was 'Post' Superbowl. Ummm, a game on a non SuperBowl network 24 hours prior to the Super Bowl broke the record because of the Super Bowl? Duke has played #1 dozens of times in the past - yet this game set the record.
I agree causality would be a stretch ,but some association could not be ruled out.

You live in some delusional crackpot world where Bernie Fine and Syracuse are the devil, but Penn State and Joe Paterno are fine.
Bernie fine really got off Free.
Paterno lost his entire legacy and died a broken man because in the mind of yours and many he didn't do enough.
Reporting an allegation to his superior of a witness whose testimony was pretty ambiguous is the same a committing the crime itself. I don't think so.
Paterno's fall was due to a much higher expectations placed on him.
Apparently expectations from the legendary orange BB are much less.

You really are just not in touch with reality.
Argumentum Ad Homenum is okay for an obvious troll but never for a brother UConn fan.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Carl Spackler said:

He thinks monopoly is a board game and anti-trust is the anxiousness felt when lending money to a golden domer.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I for one did not watch one second of that game... I will not allow my televsion set (or the television set of the host of the party I was at) be counted in any way, shape, or form towards that game's rating in the state of CT...

Now we're talking! I, too, did not watch because I did not want my TV to possibly count towards any CT rating. To be fair, I have given up watching any game that doesn't have UCONN or an AAC opponent in it for both football and basketball. It's not because I'm overly enthusiastic about being in the AAC. I just refuse to let my TV count towards anything aired that doesn't benefit UCONN. I even cancelled much of my extra bundles through Comcast that used to contain the B1G Network (I will add them back the second UCONN is invited to the B1G!), ESPNU and the CBS Sports Network. I streamline UCONN games on my computer when they are aired on ESPNU or CBS Network (not the local CBS station). Very literally, I now subscribe to the "if it's not UCONN, it's crap" theory. CR has completely screwed UCONN over and I will not allow my TVs or my dollars to contribute to it.

But that's just me and I digress. My wife is excited to have less sports on the TV too, so there's that added built-in bonus!

Reaction Score
Now we're talking! I, too, did not watch because I did not want my TV to possibly count towards any CT rating. To be fair, I have given up watching any game that doesn't have UCONN or an AAC opponent in it for both football and basketball. It's not because I'm overly enthusiastic about being in the AAC. I just refuse to let my TV count towards anything aired that doesn't benefit UCONN. I even cancelled much of my extra bundles through Comcast that used to contain the B1G Network (I will add them back the second UCONN is invited to the B1G!), ESPNU and the CBS Sports Network. I streamline UCONN games on my computer when they are aired on ESPNU or CBS Network (not the local CBS station). Very literally, I now subscribe to the "if it's not UCONN, it's crap" theory. CR has completely screwed UCONN over and I will not allow my TVs or my dollars to contribute to it.

But that's just me and I digress. My wife is excited to have less sports on the TV too, so there's that added built-in bonus!

X3. I wont watch a second of ESPN either, unless they are showing the Huskies. I haven't been to espn.com in a year now.

Reaction Score

I keep my BiG package as I WANT to be counted by those guys!

Reaction Score
I too have come to only watch either UCONN or our conference mates on ESPN, and I've started tuning into the BTN a lot more this season.

I am still a sucker for Around the Horn though...sorry guys. :oops:

Reaction Score
I'm sure a Duke - UConn or UNC - UConn would grab some really good ratings as a first time conference matchup. Hopefully the ACC realizes this and sends an invite that way; I'm sure they're starting to see the potential ratings the conference can have when the ACC Network is launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom