Syracuse Coach Quentin Hillsman on Uconn | The Boneyard

Syracuse Coach Quentin Hillsman on Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had the pleasure of running into Syracuse Head Coach Quentin Hillsman at a diner on Syracuse Campus. I asked him about his team and he seemed excited especially about his freshman. I briefly asked him his take on Baylor and Uconn and he stated that if the freshmen in CT shape up to their expectations, they can run away from Baylor. Edge to Baylor but it is a two horse race this year. Would have loved to talk to him more, however, his wife and son were waiting.

I saw the Syracuse women at Orange Madness (similar to uconn first night) a few weeks back and they may sneak up in the Big East rankings this year.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks for the report. Always good to hear about other teams in the league, even if they do have one foot out of the door.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm going to miss Coach Q. That guy's the best. There is nothing more entertaining than watching him on the sideline during a game.

My favorite Q moment: him in a crouching position watching one of his kids take free throw shots and trying to suppress laughter at the fact that the shooter was the target of the "fix your shorts" chant from the Uconn student section. He failed miserably in his attempt, btw.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I have a different opinion of Hillsman. It's based on his unwillingness or inability to restrain his players during the tripgate game a couple of years ago.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I find him hilarious only when we are beating them by 40. Or when Maya herself drops 40. Or Tiff. Who's it gonna be this year? I bet Breanna Stewart steps up big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom