Syracuse BC - anyone see that ending? | The Boneyard

Syracuse BC - anyone see that ending?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Syracuse makes a no time out drive with under 2 minutes down the field to score a touch and win the game by 3 with 6 seconds on the clock. Dramatic ending. Good for the Cuse to get to 6-6. I thought BC was going to win this one the way they were running the ball. Looking at both of these teams, I'd say we're a ways behind them (duh, right? - we're a ways behind most everyone - except Rutgers and Temple). But happy that the Cuse won. Every since that Diamond Ferry game back in 2005, I've been a Syracuse fan at least when they play BC.

Reaction Score
Syracuse makes a no time out drive with under 2 minutes down the field to score a touch and win the game by 3 with 6 seconds on the clock. Dramatic ending. Good for the Cuse to get to 6-6. I thought BC was going to win this one the way they were running the ball. Looking at both of these teams, I'd say we're a ways behind them (duh, right? - we're a ways behind most everyone - except Rutgers and Temple). But happy that the Cuse won. Every since that Diamond Ferry game back in 2005, I've been a Syracuse fan at least when they play BC.
You got that 'like' for the last sentence... and only that.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I look at both teams and think they stink, just have they've stuck for a decade. The ACC is wretched. Without FSU and Clemson, they'd be as bad as the AAC, and I'm not so sure about Clemson.

The fact that Duke is playing in the title game says it all. Even FSU only has 1 AP win this year and it was against CLEMSON.

Reaction Score
I look at both teams and think they stink, just have they've stuck for a decade. The ACC is wretched. Without FSU and Clemson, they'd be as bad as the AAC, and I'm not so sure about Clemson.

The fact that Duke is playing in the title game says it all. Even FSU only has 1 AP win this year and it was against CLEMSON.
I don't agree. I think BC looks very good. The Oline is dominant, they have a great running game, they're kind of young but getting better each week. I'm no lover of BC, but it is what it is. Can't live in denial. Syracuse is getting better too. Just reality.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maryland was ranked when they played FSU.

Reaction Score

Always sticking up for Edsall. FSU gashed them and in typical Edsall form they exited the Top 25 as soon as he entered it and didn't sniff it again.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
ZooCougar said:
Always sticking up for Edsall. FSU gashed them and in typical Edsall form they exited the Top 25 as soon as he entered it and didn't sniff it again.

I only mentioned to see how fast you'd respond on that.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
whaler11 said:

AP ranked?

Reaction Score
WHO FICK"IN CARES!!!!
Could not agree more - Syracuse is the gum on the bottom of my shoe. BC - better cause I want them as a natural cross conference rivalry. Kind of like the Red Sox and the Yankees. Beating BC in basketball and football increases value. IMO AAC like the Big EAST is not to far behind the ACC. They have more good teams in basketball but aside from FSU and Clemson, no big variance in football.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
SubbaBub said:
AP ranked?

They were 25th in one of the polls. Don't know if it was AP or coaches, but I expect Zoo will let me know if it wasn't AP.

Reaction Score
They were 25th in one of the polls. Don't know if it was AP or coaches, but I expect Zoo will let me know if it wasn't AP.
I'm with you on MD. If they didn't have the injuries to their two receivers (Stephon Diggs and the other one), they'd have won a lot more games. Those two were unbelievable, especially Diggs, who was an all purpose, all everything guy. These are Blakesly recruits, btw, not Edsall.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
gars44 said:
I'm with you on MD. If they didn't have the injuries to their two receivers (Stephon Diggs and the other one), they'd have won a lot more games. Those two were unbelievable, especially Diggs, who was an all purpose, all everything guy. These are Blakesly recruits, btw, not Edsall.

Diggs was really just luck - his mother wanted him close to home.

Reaction Score

It was one of them. Sorry, you may resume gazing at your signed Randy Edsall poster in your garage.

Reaction Score
WHO FICK"IN CARES!!!!

Couldn't agree more...both schools can rot in perpetuity. When BC acknowledges us and plays us in "ALL" sports, and an annual BC - UCONN football game is announced, I will then cease to spit on them
until the opening kickoff, then it all goes out the window. Freak them!!!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The chance of me watching a BC/Syracuse game is only slightly greater than the chance of me watching The Notebook, Beaches and Twilight back to back to back.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
nelsonmuntz said:
The chance of me watching a BC/Syracuse game is only slightly greater than the chance of me watching The Notebook, Beaches and Twilight back to back to back.

Says the guy who gets an superjohn from St John's Villanova basketball games.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Says the guy who gets an superjohn from St John's Villanova basketball games.

I have to say...for a person who I used to consider my "friendly nemesis", you have been a voice of reason and a breath of fresh air over the last two months for me! (I cannot believe I just typed that). Keep up the good work...

(we don't fight anymore... :()

Reaction Score
Zoo is this what you do to your signed Rob Ambrose poster?

No. But hey if you really think Bud Foster is a viable candidate even though the guy is ancient and nobody has wanted him as a HC then have at it.

Reaction Score
No. But hey if you really think Bud Foster is a viable candidate even though the guy is ancient and nobody has wanted him as a HC then have at it.
Bud Foster was on my list when Edsall left...but now not even on my radar. I actually think even contacting him is a waste of UCONN's time. I just thought since you have such a mancrush on Ambrose that you had an autographed poster from him.

Reaction Score
Bud Foster was on my list when Edsall left...but now not even on my radar. I actually think even contacting him is a waste of UCONN's time. I just thought since you have such a mancrush on Ambrose that you had an autographed poster from him.

I don't have a mancrush, he's probably our third best realistic candidate though.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The only positive outcome I would root for in a BC/Cuse game would be for the stadium to drop into a giant sinkhole during the game. I'd watch the highlights for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom