Syracuse: AD out, Boeheim retiring in 3 years | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Syracuse: AD out, Boeheim retiring in 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Boeheim sounds like this guy:

Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: I know nothing! I was not here! I did not even get up this morning!

General der Infanterie Albert Burkhalter: [catching Schultz asleep] On your feet Schultz!
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: General Burkhalter, what are you doing here?
General der Infanterie Albert Burkhalter: First suppose you tell me what you were doing there.
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: Well...
General der Infanterie Albert Burkhalter: Your lying!
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: You see...
General der Infanterie Albert Burkhalter: Enough! I don't want to hear any more of your lies.
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: That's the only one I had.

"Hogan's Heroes: German Bridge Is Falling Down (#1.7)" (1965)
Colonel Klink: If the prisoners ask any questions about these explosions, you know nothing; you are ignorant.
Schultz: Oh, I can handle that.
Colonel Klink: I know.

Verlaine: They stole it from the museum?
Cpl. Louis LeBeau: Filthy assassins.
Verlaine: Ah, animals.
Suzette: Dogs!
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: You forgot pigs... By the way who are we talking about?
Cpl. Louis LeBeau: Germans!
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: I got into the wrong conversation.

Verlaine: They stole it from the museum?
Cpl. Louis LeBeau: Filthy assassins.
Verlaine: Ah, animals.
Suzette: Dogs!
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: You forgot pigs... By the way who are we talking about?
Cpl. Louis LeBeau: Germans!
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: I got into the wrong conversation.

Col. Wilhelm Klink: [boys are polishing Klink's car] These boys polish the car every time I come to see you.
Gerda: Hero worship.
Col. Wilhelm Klink: Did you hear that, Schultz? The boys think I'm a hero.
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: The joke is on them, Herr Kommandant.

Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: Colonel Hogan, if you ever escape...
Col. Robert E. Hogan: Yeah?
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: Take me with you.

Col. Wilhelm Klink: What are you waiting for? Cut the wire.
Col. Robert E. Hogan: That's the problem. One of these wires disconnects the fuse, the other one fires the bomb. Which one would you cut, Shultz?
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: Don't ask me, this is a decision for an officer.
Col. Robert E. Hogan: All right. Which wire, Colonel Klink?
Col. Wilhelm Klink: This one.
[points to the white wire]
Col. Robert E. Hogan: You're sure?
Col. Wilhelm Klink: Yes.
Col. Robert E. Hogan: [Cuts the black wire, the bomb stops ticking]
Col. Wilhelm Klink: If you knew which wire it was, why did you ask me?
Col. Robert E. Hogan: I wasn't sure which was the right one, but I was certain you'd pick the wrong one.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Mr Potato head is even throwing in the race card. Guy is delusional.

Delusional is the exact word I was planning on using. Either that or he was spewing outright lies... he clearly looked uncomfortable up there.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Boeheim and his communication with the NCAA:

Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: Achtung!
[no response]
Cpl. Peter Newkirk: What did you say, Schultz?
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: I said 'Achtung!'
Cpl. Peter Newkirk: Oh. Your bid, Kinch.
Kinch: Two of clubs.
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: When I say 'Achtung' that means that you all are to SNAP to attention.
Cpl. Peter Newkirk: Oh, is that what it means? Huh! I always thought it meant 'Good morning' or 'Greetings, Mate.' Something like that.
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: No, no. 'Achtung' is a command. When I say 'Achtung' I want you all to come to attention at once.
Cpl. Louis LeBeau: I wasn't sure what that one meant myself. It always sounded like Schultz was just clearing his throat. So that's a command for attention, huh?
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: That's right! Now that you all know it...
[Schultz leaves and then re-enters the room]
Sgt. Andrew Carter: And a 'Good morning' to you, too, Schultz.
Kinch: Didn't you hear what Schultz said?
Sgt. Andrew Carter: Sure. He said 'Achtung' so I said 'Good morning' right back to him.
Kinch: Achtung doesn't mean 'Good morning.'
Sgt. Andrew Carter: Well, that's what Newkirk says it means. And who are we gonna believe? One of us or one of them?
Kinch: He's got a point there.
Cpl. Louis LeBeau: Yes he does! You'd better brush up on your German, Schultz.
Cpl. Peter Newkirk: Yeah, don't use words you're not sure of. In future, to avoid confusion, why don't you just say 'Good Morning' in English?
Col. Robert E. Hogan: Hi Schultz! Just let us all know when it's time for Roll Call, will you?
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: Jawohl, Colonel Hogan... But it IS time for Roll Call. That's why I came here in the first place! It's almost PAST time for Roll Call!
Col. Robert E. Hogan: Well, you'd never make sergeant in OUR Air Force.
Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz: Roll Call! Everybody out, out, out, out, out, out, out! Roll Call! Raus!
Sgt. Andrew Carter: Hey Thank you! And a 'Good day' to you, too, Schultz.

Reaction Score
Delusional is the exact word I was planning on using. Either that or he was spewing outright lies... he clearly looked uncomfortable up there.

Do you find it odd that the people that actually know something about the game are almost unanimously in support of Boeheim - e.g. Jim Calhoun, Jay Bilas, Mike Krzyzewski

And the people that have never played and really don't understand how this all works - are the ones that are against him..

And you say Boeheim is delusional..ok!

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
With JB saying that three years is probably longer than he was planning on staying, the NCAA should call his bluff after the appeal and tell him, if you leave now, we will cut the probation along with the loss in 'ships in half. Would love to see if all his bluster is about the good of the school and students or does he care more about his record?

Reaction Score
AS long as Boehiem is still there, Cuse won't sniff another title, so I hope he stays another 20 years

Reaction Score
Do you find it odd that the people that actually know something about the game are almost unanimously in support of Boeheim - e.g. Jim Calhoun, Jay Bilas, Mike Krzyzewski

And the people that have never played and really don't understand how this all works - are the ones that are against him..

And you say Boeheim is delusional..ok!

Let's get real for a minute here. Calhoun and Boeheim have been friends for 40 years. Coach K and Boeheim coached Team USA together and are in the same conference. Jay Bilas will never say a good thing about the NCAA until it dissolves.

You think those three are going to say anything negative about Jimmy B?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not saying something negative about the man and support are far from synonymous. Liking a coach a personal level also doesn't mean they think he didn't do it or wasn't involved. Nice people speed too.

The coaching ranks are a fraternity and the NCAA is a common enemy. they will all line up against the NCAA.

Reaction Score
I really cant believe he came out and called the sanctions overly harsh. they got off SOOOOO light compared to other punishments (namely ours)

you're talking about a decade of problems, and not minor ones. It is really entertaining reading the comments on the ESPN story, these Cuse kids are deluded to an insane degree. They are acting as we did when our punishment was handed down and everyone said Calhoun is paying players, faking grades, faking classes, beating kids... back then, those people really didn't know what they were talking about... the people bad mouthing Cuse are reacting to the news story points, valid points!

Its one thing to believe your coach didn't know about a shifty situation with 1 kid in one year, but to believe he never had a whiff of problems in this decade long charade is ludicrous... especially since we know his nose is always clear of snot blocking up his smelling sense.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Kenny Anderson said at halftime of the ND game NU, he was happy Boeheim took responsibility and is looking to move on. Boeheim did no such thing. He deferred responsibility to the YMCA guy.

Reaction Score
“@jeffborzello: Per reports, two Syracuse players have transferred today: B.J. Johnson and Ron Patterson.”

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
“@jeffborzello: Per reports, two Syracuse players have transferred today: B.J. Johnson and Ron Patterson.”
Are they any good?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

I thought that a player by the name of BJ Johnson was the perfect fit for a place like Cuse because they are the suck. Its too bad it didnt work out

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Let's get real for a minute here. Calhoun and Boeheim have been friends for 40 years. Coach K and Boeheim coached Team USA together and are in the same conference. Jay Bilas will never say a good thing about the NCAA until it dissolves.

You think those three are going to say anything negative about Jimmy B?

I highly doubt they've been friends for 40 years.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I highly doubt they've been friends for 40 years.
You could tell when they had JC talking to the announcers during the NIT game last night. They asked him about Boeheim, and he squirmed a little bit. He tried his best to say positive things, but were they truly friends it would have come much more naturally.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The general advice is, "When you're in a hole, stop digging." Boeheim has been flouting that one for years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mr Potato head is even throwing in the race card. Guy is delusional.
Boeheim: "I think there's a little racism involved when they talk about not taking this guy or that guy." Mentions foreigners (like Melo).

He is one shameless m-fer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Bump Bummp!"

What's that? It the sound of Hopkins being thrown under the bus.

Boeheim said he doesn't think Hopkins' status "is important right now." Wants to focus on his immediate future and that of the program.

Reaction Score
"Bump Bummp!"

What's that? It the sound of Hopkins being thrown under the bus.

Boeheim said he doesn't think Hopkins' status "is important right now." Wants to focus on his immediate future and that of the program.

After reading and listening to Boehiem try to defense himself over the last few weeks, one thing is clear. He will throw anything and anyone under the bus to defend his so called legacy. It would be easier to get my 4 year old to admit that he made a mistake than it would be to get Boeheim to admit he did anything wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom