swofford-acc-gor | The Boneyard

swofford-acc-gor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
eerlaw a good poster on the wvu board raised this idea that swofford is looking to do a gor. that will lock in schools rights for years but more importantly show if schools are in or out and force those who are out to make minds up. if i'm uconn, i dont go to the acc if a gor happens unless nd, cuse and lville are all in also. that would never happen to 2015 i would think so this is a mess.

Reaction Score
Grant of rights. Media rights. So you can't leave because ACC owns your rights

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
What is a gor?

images

Sorry - Guarantee of Rights for broadcasting sports

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
By NO means would I agree to that UNLESS everyone in the ACC also agrees, current members included. UConn absolutely can't join the ACC and then watch half of the current members move to a bigger/better conference a week/month/year later.

Reaction Score
No one really knows how strong a grant of rights is, though, because no one's tried to get out of one yet...right? It could basically still just come down to how much money the program is willing to pay the conference to break free, which is basically what already happens.

It'll be interesting when someone inevitably tries to get out of the big 12 to see what happens.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That said, if ESPN ups the cash and all members agree to a GOR, then all of a sudden the ACC looks much more attractive and we (read: I) can give up the B1G dreams.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The UConn administration would sign an GOR in the ACC without even hearing the details.

There is absolutely no debating that point.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The UConn administration would sign an GOR in the ACC without even hearing the details.

Depends upon what it says. We have done well selling product that for most schools have no value, for example woman's basketball.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I hope UConn wouldn't. It could be the only school left in the league.

Reaction Score
By NO means would I agree to that UNLESS everyone in the ACC also agrees, current members included. UConn absolutely can't join the ACC and then watch half of the current members move to a bigger/better conference a week/month/year later.
We wouldn't be signing a GOR with the ACC unless everyone was in anyways. If all current members signed, ND included, it would be a smart move. GOR is a more secure keeper of everyone than a $50 million exit fee.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't give a s*** if the ACC writes its bylaws in chalk and gives everyone in the conference an eraser - we gotta get the duck* out of the conference we're in.

Half the ACC could leave tomorrow and it is a bazillion times between that than the grease fire we're in now.

Some of you motherf***ers are pure duck*ing delusional. There's a very good chance that we're going to end up in a football conference where our closest rival will ultimately be UMass.

We were in a lot of trouble - now, we're on the brink of actual disaster. If anyone thinks we can survive being boxed in by the ACC and Big Ten, they're nuts.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't give a s*** if the ACC writes its bylaws in chalk and gives everyone in the conference an eraser - we gotta get the duck* out of the conference we're in.

Half the ACC could leave tomorrow and it is a bazillion times between than the grease fire we're in now.

Some of you motherf***ers are pure duck*ing delusional. There's a very good chance that we're going to end up in a football conference where our closest rival will ultimately be UMass.

We were in a lot of trouble - now, we're on the brink of actual disaster. If anyone thinks we can survive being boxed in by the ACC and Big Ten, they're nuts.

UConn's athletic program is in trouble? I didn't realize that.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

Half the ACC could leave tomorrow and it is a bazillion times between than the grease fire we're in now.

Thanks for so clearly articulating what I've been thinking. You have an impressive way with words.

Reaction Score

Wow Fishy, looks like you had a growth spurt... are you sure you don't have any eligibility left?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wow Fishy, looks like you had a growth spurt... are you sure you don't have any eligibility left?

South Tampa Bill came back and I didn't want him to think I've been sitting on my laurels.

I'll prolly be well over 7' tall by Christmas.

Reaction Score

Half the ACC could leave tomorrow and it is a bazillion times between that than the grease fire we're in now.

This is what I feel like doing when someone tells me we can always start a rivalry with umass

Reaction Score

This is exactly why think we need to be firm with the B1G and spell out exactly what its going to take from them to get us to join. We cannot sign up to one of those crappy deals Md/Rutty got w/o a very fat signing bonus and other additional and significant consideration/concessions.

Reaction Score
This is exactly why think we need to be firm with the B1G and spell out exactly what its going to take from them to get us to join. We cannot sign up to one of those crappy deals Md/Rutty got w/o a very fat signing bonus and other additional and significant consideration/concessions.

Exactly this. Unless the Ten is going to mke PSU and its state give us back the part of Northeastern PA they stole from us in the 18th century, to heck with them.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
ESPN needs to ante up more cash. Very simple solution.
This is about the fifth time I've seen this and it makes me wonder how many people have spent any time in the business world.

The ACC loses a member, presence in a major media market and weakens its image as it now is absolutely on of the prey and they warrant a better contract from ESPN?

I should go to my boss and tell him I can only put in 85% of the hours I have been working so he needs to give me a raise.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
South Tampa Bill came back and I didn't want him to think I've been sitting on my laurels.

I'll prolly be well over 7' tall by Christmas.
That cyber HGH can have serious side effects however. In time your e-balls will be the size of tic tacs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom