Swimming | The Boneyard

Swimming

Reaction Score
I kind of like watching swimming when the Olympics roll around but I've always detested pools and swimming. I hate swimming so much that I haven't been in a pool in well over 20 years.

Anyone else hate swimming or any other sport/activity this much?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I feel the same about running. I walk on the treadmill from time to time but I hate it. I've also run in a few 5Ks and about 3 minutes in I wonder what the hell I was thinking signing up.

Reaction Score
I kind of like watching swimming when the Olympics roll around but I've always detested pools and swimming. I hate swimming so much that I haven't been in a pool in well over 20 years.

Anything having to do with a Frisbee.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To be honest, I loved being able to swim well knowing that most people can't. Especially that one year of HS gym when it was mandatory.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Maybe it's just me, but I hate racism

Reaction Score

I love watching it in the Olympics as well and never watch it otherwise.

Reaction Score

Never had a pool as a kid but loved the ocean. Having a pool as an adult is incredible. My wife's never-ending cycle of home renovation projects makes me, at times, long for the good old days of an apartment but having a nice pool is pretty great. Jumping in first thing in the morning, making a cocktail and getting in on a Friday afternoon, it's fantastic.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Never had a pool as a kid but loved the ocean. Having a pool as an adult is incredible. My wife's never-ending cycle of home renovation projects makes me, at times, long for the good old days of an apartment but having a nice pool is pretty great. Jumping in first thing in the morning, making a cocktail and getting in on a Friday afternoon, it's fantastic.
Are you jumping in first thing in the morning and then making yourself a cocktail? If so, can I invite myself over?

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Fathers Day Swimming GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

QDOG5

Reaction Score
This thread got moved to home and garden in record time. @superjohn should have titled his thread I'm not a fan of swimming do you think Liam McNeeley likes to swim?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I swam competitively for almost 20 years. My daughter is 19 and is about 12 years into her career. It’s awesome.

Stop being a candy ass and get in the pool

Reaction Score
I like swimming but hardly ever swim. If I lived near a clean body of water I think I would enjoy swming very much, especially for fitness. I run regularly to break a sweat and cleans myself.

I like to watch track and field, but sometimes I think it's a waste of time. It is so scientific, everyone uses the exact same techniques so I'm not impressed if one guy is a hundredth of a unit faster, stronger, further. You get a freak like Usain Bolt come along every once in a while and it's fun watching him destroy the field.

Now look at these freaking idiots. This is what I detest most.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Any form of indoor exercise. I can tolerate the rowing machine, but nothing else.

Swimming in a pool, treadmill, lifting weights, stationary bike. . . For me the point of exercise is mental health and other pleasures, and I don’t get that from looking at four walls or other exercise machines. Nature, the wind in my hair, that‘s what exercise/sport is all about.

Reaction Score
Any form of indoor exercise. I can tolerate the rowing machine, but nothing else.

Swimming in a pool, treadmill, lifting weights, stationary bike. . . For me the point of exercise is mental health and other pleasures, and I don’t get that from looking at four walls or other exercise machines. Nature, the wind in my hair, that‘s what exercise/sport is all about.
I belonged to a gym when I lived in the city a long time ago. I could not figure out for the life of me why I would walk in the front door to the building and there would be a line of people waiting for the elevator to the gym floor. I didn't know if it was humorous, sad, or just confusing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I grew up on the shore and loved swimming as a kid. I used to lifeguard and teach swimming as a teen. Pretty much the ideal summer job. As for watching as a sport, I don't mind it, but I wouldn't really seek it out. Like everybody else, I enjoy it during the Olympics, that's about it.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I belonged to a gym when I lived in the city a long time ago. I could not figure out for the life of me why I would walk in the front door to the building and there would be a line of people waiting for the elevator to the gym floor. I didn't know if it was humorous, sad, or just confusing.
I know what you mean. At work there are several people who walk, run, or work out at lunchtime but perish the thought of ever taking ONE flight of stairs to their offices.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom