Swimming in the hate | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Swimming in the hate

Reaction Score
you don’t like to see that the kids are on a first-name basis with Penny. The ESPN article reporting their grad transfer, he referred to his coach as just “Penny”, and that’s who should be your most mature player. That does have AAU written all over it lol

There is a good point there... but Hardaway is a unique case because he’s a celebrity.
The more hate that rains down from the media, the AAC fanbases, the moranic Boneyard trolls... the better the move gets.

If the AAC doesn’t want UConn so badly - they sure seem mad about the departure. If the programs at UCF and Houston and Memphis are just so great their fanbases can’t seem to stop fixating on the departure.

Nothing is better than the articles about who will replace UConn. Every last school is L-O-L hilarious. Maybe they can find another USF - a directional school that doesn’t even have the right direction in it’s name. Too bad Middle Tennessee isn’t in Knoxville it would make them a perfect fit with ‘South’ Florida.

At least if there are hurricanes that force UCF and USF to go full turtle and blow up the football schedule they won’t have to look like such clowns for ducking a trip to UConn. The mighty football programs at UCF and USF can’t possibly work around bad weather at home when they are on the road. What a clown Aresco is.

With all due respect, most of the AAC people are just celebrating their increased payout/shares. I think UConn people would be saying the same things if ECU voluntarily quit the league.

Reaction Score
There is a good point there... but Hardaway is a unique case because he’s a celebrity.

With all due respect, most of the AAC people are just celebrating their increased payout/shares. I think UConn people would be saying the same things if ECU voluntarily quit the league.
No they aren't. Lol.

Reaction Score
Maybe they can find another USF - a directional school that doesn’t even have the right direction in it’s name. Too bad Middle Tennessee isn’t in Knoxville it would make them a perfect fit with ‘South’ Florida.

You seem fixated on their school names but it’s a different day. USF joined the Big East in 2005 and has never had a branding issue.
There is a reason the Florida schools are/were always at the top of the list of P5 candidates.

Reaction Score
You seem fixated on their school names but it’s a different day. USF joined the Big East in 2005 and has never had a branding issue.
There is a reason the Florida schools are/were always at the top of the list of P5 candidates.
Never had a branding issue? I doubt most residents of Florida even know where USF.

Lemme guess. Naples? Fort Meyers? Umm Key West?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There is one thing that is certain.

More of the same monitoring the situation and doing NOTHING was going to be the death of the entire athletic department.
This. We were between a rock and a hard place. No matter what we did, stay or go, it wasn't going to be a great choice. Losing the SNY contract really hurt our visibility significantly. It forced our hand.

I'm worried about football and the long term prospects of athletic department, but there is a lot to like about the move. Driveable games; opponents we know and have a history with; better presence in our targeted recruiting grounds; reduced travel costs (and travel fatigue for our athletes) and reclaiming the Big East/UConn brand that drove us to national prominence. If we can cobble together a decent football schedule and get decent side deals with SNY we create a unique brand for ourselves. I like the possibilities from that.

Of course this may be the first step in athletic irrelevance for us, but again, Aresco forced our hands. Here's to hoping we can use it to our advantage and it ends up biting him in the butt.

Reaction Score
Never had a branding issue? I doubt most residents of Florida even know where USF.

Lemme guess. Naples? Fort Meyers? Umm Key West?

I think you’ll be surprised then.

I think you’ll find much fewer people who even know Butler is actually the name of a school.

Reaction Score
I think you’ll be surprised then.

I think you’ll find much fewer people who even know Butler is actually the name of a school.
Like @superjohn said, you continue to be wrong every time you post. I think everyone knows who Butler is. They played in consecutive NCAA championships games this decade, and their two former coaches coach in the NBA and at Ohio State.

LOL.

Reaction Score
Like @superjohn said, you continue to be wrong every time you post. I think everyone knows who Butler is. They played in consecutive NCAA championships games this decade, and their two former coaches coach in the NBA and at Ohio State.

LOL.

I know who Butler is but you rattle that off as a hoops fan.
Most people who digest bracketology each March are casuals. They don’t GAF about also rans on certain years.
To them Butler is Geoffrey on Fresh Prince.

Reaction Score
I know who Butler is but you rattle that off as a hoops fan.
Most people who digest bracketology each March are casuals. They don’t GAF about also rans on certain years.
To them Butler is Geoffrey on Fresh Prince.
But they GAF about never rans?

Geoffrey is still making money off that dance move.

Reaction Score

I know now not to read your posts while I am drinking a beer. Stings the nostrils.

Reaction Score
They follow all sports to a degree.
Most Sports fans watch football and March Madness (the season not so much).
I’m sure Gators, Seminoles, and Hurricanes are all over ....... football. What is their mascot by the way? Bulldogs? No that’s taken.

Reaction Score
Is someone really saying that USF is more recognizable than Butler? BAHAHA

Reaction Score
I know now not to read your posts while I am drinking a beer. Stings the nostrils.

Lol You drink and post?
I know it’s not USF but UCF hosted Gameday this year in both college football and college basketball (actually it was Houston for MBB) but UCF held up their end.
Those 2 schools have enrollment that approaches Arizona State.
Those brands are pretty well embedded into the collegiate sports lexicon.

Reaction Score
One evening shortly before 2005:
Cincinnati. Nice.
Marquette. Nice.
Louisville. Very nice.
DePaul. Meh. But there’s Chicago.
USF? Who the heck are they?

Reaction Score
One evening shortly before 2005:
Cincinnati. Nice.
Marquette. Nice.
Louisville. Very nice.
DePaul. Meh. But there’s Chicago.
USF? Who the heck are they?

Was that the year Leavitt had them at 2?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I noticed Temple fans haven't piled up on the hate train. Could it be because they played Big East football and wanted into the Big East for basketball for decades and they know what that name means on the East Coast? Something tells me the Cincinnati and USF fans also get this somewhat, but they're not getting asked to join the current BE.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom