Sweet 16 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sweet 16

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Jeez the #1 Three point shooting team in the country sure doesn't look like it tonight.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Brink wasn't the only key player to foul out tonight. Ejim for Gonzaga just had to go sit down. She did make it til 2 minutes left. Got going a bit in the 2nd half but a sub par game for her.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Man, that sucks. Injured player down for Gonzaga w/ 22 seconds left in the game. Hollingsworth. Been down a couple minutes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
69-47 final. Texas was in control the whole way.

Reaction Score
Man, that sucks. Injured player down for Gonzaga w/ 22 seconds left in the game. Hollingsworth. Been down a couple minutes.
Her cries were to plaintive, I had to mute the television. Can't imagine how her family must have felt.

Reaction Score
Jeez the #1 Three point shooting team in the country sure doesn't look like it tonight.
Bad enough that they are probably down to #2 again when the stats are updated. Then it will be up to South Carolina to remain there.

Reaction Score
Quick thoughts on a couple of the games.

South Carolina v Indiana was fun. That's sortve the version of Indiana that I wanted to see all season. I'm no bball scout (tho it's fun to pretend) but I love Yardin Garzons game. I really thought she'd take a leap this season. She's so comfortable with the ball in her hands. She can shoot from distance, she even had the slow step bank (something that Luka always does). Anyways her and Sydney Parish kinda played how I think they can play. They were very good. I thought Mackenzie Holmes started slow but played better as the game went on. I actually kinda wish she just tried to do her Mackenzie Holmes stuff in the post against Cardoso instead of taking so many jumpshots. Czinano did her physical bully post up stuff last year in the final four and it worked. I get they were open and she practices those shots. I think if she consistently made those shots she'd for sure be a player at the next level. Additionally, I feel like I say this all the time but I really wish more bigs would take mid range, 15 ft pick and roll shots. I actually thought that was there aside from the 3. Anyways great career for Holmes, one of my favorites for sure. On the South Carolina side, I thought it was a good win. They are a different team if Fulwiley struggles. Also Chloe Kitts didn't play as much so they didn't have quite the same bench production. But Raven Johnson, I feel like everyone's called underrated but I do think she's underrated. She has the size and athleticism to get anywhere she wants, so she can score when her team needs. But then she's a great facilitator. Also great game from Cardoso. I really appreciate her game. It's funny after the game she was asked if when she's rolling like that does she demand the ball or continue to go with the flow. She basically said she just goes with the flow. Not necessarily a bad thing but I kinda think that's y you don't see crazy stat lines from her.

That wasn't as quick as I wanted to be. On the other evening games. I didn't see most of Stanford vs NC State but the Athletic
previewed the game and put it as the guards of nc state vs the bigs of Stanford. That's sortve how it seemed to play out. Feel kinda bad for Cam Brink as I didn't love the last call on her. Was a bit disappointed by Lepolo. NC State is kinda scary.

I Fell asleep during the second half of Gonzaga vs Texas. But I was really happy for Shaylee Gonzales. This is the type of game she transferred for. And she's been a bit down scoring this season but she was great. I also keep talking about Aaliyah Moore cuz she's a monster. She plays with a force and attitude that's just different. Really good win by Texas. I'm big on basketball being a game of matchups, individually and as a team. It's an obvious point but it's so interesting to me. A team can look so great offensively against one team and look the total opposite against another. Truthfully I just think shots didn't fall for Gonzaga the way they did against Utah, but Texas defense did seem to make them uncomfortable. Anyways great run for that team and crew of 5th years.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Across the M&W tourneys, private schools are 0-4 today (0-3 for Catholics).
3 more (2 Cath) in action tonight.

Duke represented for the privates last night. We Protestants stand on bizness.

Reaction Score
Foul trouble has been an issue for Brink since her freshman yr. You'd think by her senior yr she'd have learned how to control that. She does a lot of good when she's on the court, but can't really help if she's forced to the bench.

Reaction Score
Sweet 16 margin of victory

2015 - 120 pts for 8 games
2016 - 140
2017 - 163
2018 - 105
2019 - 117
2021 - 102
2022 - 60
2023 - 82
2024 - 71 (thru 6 games)

Last edited:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Womens Basketball GIF by LSU Tigers

Reaction Score
It looked like UCLA’s guards underperformed in the 2nd quarter and the 4th. This was a winnable game for them and they were not up to it.

One thing I noticed — again — is how much Betts has improved athletically. She is much quicker than she was in November and December. Her post moves are still limited, but the quickness has improved her defense immensely.

Also, Flaujae has become a truly great player at both ends of the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom