Sweet 16 thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Sweet 16 thread

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I agree that is the next step for the rest of the AAC. But damn, I really wanted that step to occur these last 5 days with UCF and Houston.:(
I was astonished to find myself rooting for UCF & Tacko Fall last weekend, and had Houston going up next against UNC and winning it all in my first bracket written in at least a decade.

It bears mentioning that, if Bruce Pearl can take out Huckleberry Hound and Squid in the same weekend, he's invite to my house for BBQ or seder, his choice.

Finally, I'm in a small pool and wonder how having the other 6 remaining teams correct stacks up.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
True, you need to cash in when you’re close. However, this is progress, for instance Houston hasn’t gone this far in 35 years. We have two teams that went further than any Big East team and for next year’s selection Sunday that’s the conference we are competing with for slots.

One team went further than any BE team unless you are giving credit to UCF for losing on Sunday when Villanova lost on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Doesn't matter.
I hear you and I don't disagree but it has to matter at least a little. I mean it's better than them getting drilled by 30. At least a couple teams in our conference threw a few haymakers and had competitive games during primetime of the tourney against marquis teams. People talked about the UCF game and Houston at least made a decent account of themselves against Kentucky. It could have gone worse.

C

Chief00

One team went further than any BE team unless you are giving credit to UCF for losing on Sunday when Villanova lost on Saturday.
Good point about UCF. In my view regardless, we had two credible teams, for the first time since 2014

C

Chief00

Hate saying this but this is by far calamaris best coaching job. Makes me sick. But it’s about cruits. Sampson wins by 10 with 3 of UKs players on Houston. Such a vvaasstt difference in player talent between our conference and the p5. Maybe aside fro Dawkins.
They have great overall length and that was a factor both rebounding and on defense.
I hope Hurley steals some of Sampson’s inbound plays.

Reaction Score
Point is UCF and Houston held serve in this tourney and Cincy didn't. The Mick has just been a constant tourney gag artist.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You guys think Houston and UCF performance will help our next round of tv negotiations in 15 years?

Thought Zion charged every drive but I didn't think the Houston kid was fouled on his layup attempt.

All in on the Zags, Purdue or Texas Tech.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Thought Zion charged every drive but I didn't think the Houston kid was fouled on his layup attempt.

I don't really think it was a foul either (IMO) but they have been calling that type of body check on drives all tourney. So many and 1's happened like that. Even earlier in the night.

Reaction Score
Need Gonzaga to win the title and relocate to the American

Reaction Score
I’ve noticed it in the past but last night it stood out, particularly on that late sequence that resulted in the fourth foul on Hill. Zion LOVES that hook move which should be an offensive foul and I don’t think he’s ever been called for it. I shouldn’t be surprised; Jahlil Okafor abused that cheapness in 2015 and rarely got it called on him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom