Sweet 16 thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Sweet 16 thread

Reaction Score
No guts no glory take the 3 UK has more athleticism then you do and refs won't give you the calls refs can't stop you from shooting a 3.

Reaction Score
Well . . . crap. AAC really could have used a W there. Frickin Squid U.

Go Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
No guts no glory take the 3 UK has more athleticism then you do and refs won't give you the calls refs can't stop you from shooting a 3.
Yeah, weird call to go in for the one one move. Kick and dish out to brooks would have been my play.

Reaction Score
Those two endings are overwhelming evidence that there are no basketball gods, or else VA Tech and houston would still be playing. Beyond frustrating.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I hate all the teams remaining. This sucks.

C

Chief00

The AAC has the bed multiple years in a row on national TV. These 2 losses are nothing but good for the AAC

Agree, the AAC needs to be on the winning side, but this is meaningful progress. We are starting to develop teams that can compete with the blue bloods as UCF and Houston proved this year. Next milestone step is to win.

Reaction Score
Hey teams in our conference had a chance to make a FF or even national championship run, and have choked and that includes teams from the Big East, yes I get Uconn has sucked ass the last 3 years and has no right to talk smack and is a long ways away but when you get your chance you gotta make the most of it.

Reaction Score
Anyone watchingthat game who didn'tthinknthe refs were in the bag with their ticky tack fouls
Well I don't know what to say

Reaction Score
Sampson’s last game as Houston coach

Do you think? I just can’t see him (at his age) going to Arkansas or anywhere else. He’s gonna get more money with the big Houston boosters, he’s got his son in waiting for HC job, less pressure at Houston. Plus he’s coached everywhere, I just don’t see him needing to prove anything further when he’s got all of the facilities, the staff the money etc. right there at Houston. Plus his family really likes it there. I could be wrong but I just can’t see him bolting at his age given the above and Arkansas not a top job

Reaction Score
Well if I wanted 1 out of the 3 to lose I would have taken UNC every single time.

Reaction Score
Agree, the AAC needs to be on the winning side, but this is meaningful progress. We are starting to develop teams that can compete with the blue bloods as UCF and Houston proved this year. Next milestone step is to win.
I agree that is the next step for the rest of the AAC. But damn, I really wanted that step to occur these last 5 days with UCF and Houston.:(

Reaction Score
I agree that is the next step for the rest of the AAC. But damn, I really wanted that step to occur these last 5 days with UCF and Houston.:(

Yes its good to see a team play up to its seed but damn having it fresh on the mind not even a week in sucks guess what that means its time for Hurley and company to step it up and be the ones to do it.

Reaction Score
Well if I wanted 1 out of the 3 to lose I would have taken UNC every single time.
Hell yeah. I know people hate Duke, but I don't (I am not a fan either). But I don't want to see UNC winning when they should be under some kind of suspension from the NCAA, hell maybe the NCAA death penalty. It boils my blood that UConn got a 1 season post season ban and scholarship reductions in other seasons and that SMU got a similar punishment.

Reaction Score
Yes its good to see a team play up to its seed but damn having it fresh on the mind not even a week in sucks guess what that means its time for Hurley and company to step it up and be the ones to do it.
Besides 2014 with Louisville going to the Sweet 16 and UConn winning the championship, the AAC really hasn't done anything in the Big Dance, until now that is.

C

Chief00

Hey teams in our conference had a chance to make a FF or even national championship run, and have choked and that includes teams from the Big East, yes I get Uconn has sucked ass the last 3 years and has no right to talk smack and is a long ways away but when you get your chance you gotta make the most of it.

True, you need to cash in when you’re close. However, this is progress, for instance Houston hasn’t gone this far in 35 years. We have two teams that went further than any Big East team and for next year’s selection Sunday that’s the conference we are competing with for slots.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The last Auburn that was good and made a real deep run was in either the late 90s or early 00s they had an all American kind of undersized power forward with a huge Afro who would throw down all sorts of crazy dunks in game. Who was that player?

Reaction Score
Hell yeah. I know people hate Duke, but I don't (I am not a fan either). But I don't want to see UNC winning when they should be under some kind of suspension from the NCAA, hell maybe the NCAA death penalty. It boils my blood that UConn got a 1 season post season ban and scholarship reductions in other seasons and that SMU got a similar punishment.

Cal is a slime ball but at least he is an honest slime ball and well at least Zion is fun to watch hes a likable kid even though hes a Dukie the Duke freshmen I look at as NBA players wearing a Duke jersey because they are, dont get me wrong I still hate Duke and wanna see them lose but dont look at them the same way as when they have that annoying white punk kids like a Laettner, Reddick or the kid last year forget the name. UNC gets away with cheating and is coddled by the media and Roy is played up as good ole Roy.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
True, you need to cash in when you’re close. However, this is progress, for instance Houston hasn’t gone this far in 35 years. We have two teams that went further than any Big East team and for next year’s selection Sunday that’s the conference we are competing with for slots.

Your right its just that its fresh on the mind of what could have been.

Reaction Score
Cal is a slime ball but at least he is an honest slime ball and well at least Zion is fun to watch hes a likable kid even though hes a Dukie the Duke freshmen I look at as NBA players wearing a Duke jersey because they are, dont get me wrong I still hate Duke and wanna see them lose but dont look at them the same way as when they have that annoying white punk kids like a Laettner, Reddick or the kid last year forget the name. UNC gets away with cheating and is coddled by the media and Roy is played up as good ole Roy.
UNC gets away with cheating and is coddled by the media and Roy is played up as good ole Roy.
That right there is what bugs me. I don't hate Roy Williams by any means as I think he genuinely cares for his players, but I hate that he and UNC gets coddled by the media. It's bull crap.

Reaction Score
Hate saying this but this is by far calamaris best coaching job. Makes me sick. But it’s about cruits. Sampson wins by 10 with 3 of UKs players on Houston. Such a vvaasstt difference in player talent between our conference and the p5. Maybe aside fro Dawkins.

Reaction Score
(Not including this year) Roy has the best performance against both his seed and KenPom rank in tournaments cumulative since 2000.
Tourney Stats, PASE (Performance Against Seed Expectations) and PAKE

He made 18 tournaments in 19 years and didn't lose a single time in the 1st round. No Coach K or Bill Self upset specials. He was also 10-2 in the Sweet 16 round (before tonight), 7-3 in the Elite 8, and 5-2 in the F4.

Dirty little secret: when you have more talent than the other team, evidence suggests it's better to play fast. More possessions, less vulnerable to upsets.
He shouldn't lose in the first round with his talent even though it happens on occassion. His time at Kansas was bad despite some really good teams. Lafrentz, pierce, Vaughn, Pollard. Dirty little secret. When u only have one gear, there is always a team that punches harder. Playing fast got them giving up 96 tonight. Having a plan b seems like a decent idea. Auburn is not a large team. When their guards were killing them a la boatright, maybe slow it down. Zero adjustment. Sprint to the finish. Your "evidence" had them picking up their teeth tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom