Des Moines - 7900 <- impressive
Kingston - 6000
Fresno - 3800
Raleigh - 3100 <- abysmal

Adult ticket prices for all 3 games:
IA = $45
CA = $50
RI = $50

Not sure about full-session tix for NC, but single-game tickets are now being sold for $5-15!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I knew Raleigh would have awful attendance... and will have awful attendance Tuesday night. A Saturday-Monday setup would have been better attended... not great, but better. The Sunday games started too early.... a 12pm tipoff is way too early...... especially if they want alot of local fans. Raleigh is firmly in the Bible Belt. The Tuesday final is too late... Not sure when Raleigh will bid again, but hopefully Greensboro will bid for a another regional soon. Like I said in another thread, we know how to host a regional, and we sure would have had more then 3100 in the seats. :oops:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Viewers at home (or in bars) get turned on by noisy, raucaus fans at the game. I think the NFL was first to figure this out.

I am sure that folks watching those games on TV from Raleigh got turned off (literally) by those huge blocks of empty red seats. Conversely, that sea of blue (mostly UConn, to be sure, but a good representation from PSU as well) was surely a stimulant to the viewing audience.

The serious money is in the TV rights, based on ratings. That being the case, it is stupid to price tickets out of reach of most fans or to schedule games at awkward times.

Somebody should explain this to the NCAA.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Found this here:

2012 NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Championship - Raleigh Regional

Ticket Info Venue Map
NCAA Women's Hoops Regional Games

Sunday, March 25 at Noon and 2:30pm; and Tuesday, March 27 at 9pm

12:04 pm ... 2 Maryland vs. 3 Texas A&M

2:32 pm ... 1 Notre Dame vs. 5 St. Bonaventure

Tickets available through GoPack.com - $45 for all games

Reaction Score
Des Moines - 7900 <- impressive
Kingston - 6000
Fresno - 3800
Raleigh - 3100 <- abysmal

3k or more from Stanford. I hope there is more in Fresno tonight. The arena holds 15,500 and looks awful on TV. We need something smaller and preferably a better city; Seattle, Spokane is great, Salt Lake city, San Diego St were good host sites before. Galen center at USC would be nice and easy to get to. Oakland and San Jose arenas are too big and have pro bball and hockey teams playing at the moment.

btw, our tickets were $50 total for all 3 games.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Fresno has the distinction of being sort of in the general vicinity of the Bay Area and sort of the vicinity of King Canyon, Sequoia, and Yosemite National Parks...without actually being that close any of them. An exciting locale to be sure.

Reaction Score
Fresno has the distinction of being sort of in the general vicinity of the Bay Area and sort of the vicinity of King Canyon, Sequoia, and Yosemite National Parks...without actually being that close any of them. An exciting locale to be sure.

Very true. I came to CA 25 yrs ago on cycling trip just to see Yosemite. I flew to LA then took a bus to Fresno, then bicycled 'up' 41 to Yosemite, then continued to Redding, rode across to Eureka and then down PCH to SF. First time ever on the GG bridge, was on my bicycle and have been here ever since. Everyone on the trip asked where I started, and when I said Fresno, they were astonished, 'why Fresno? And I said it's biggest town on south entrance of Yosemite.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Adult ticket prices for all 3 games:
IA = $45
CA = $50
RI = $50

Not sure about full-session tix for NC, but single-game tickets are now being sold for $5-15!

Mine were $55. Were there different prices?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The ticket prices have remained pretty steady. The last time I attended a regional was here in Greensboro in 2008. I think i paid 52 dollars... i think i paid the same thing for the 2007 regionals. Of course, i just drove to the coliseum and bought my tickets.... so i didnt have to pay a service charge.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
3k or more from Stanford. I hope there is more in Fresno tonight. The arena holds 15,500 and looks awful on TV. We need something smaller and preferably a better city; Seattle, Spokane is great, Salt Lake city, San Diego St were good host sites before. Galen center at USC would be nice and easy to get to. Oakland and San Jose arenas are too big and have pro bball and hockey teams playing at the moment.

btw, our tickets were $50 total for all 3 games.

The highlighted statement reinforces my comments earlier in this thread. I contend that if it "looks awful on TV," viewers won't watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom