Sweet 16 - Anybody watching? | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Sweet 16 - Anybody watching?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The FSU kids are just happy to be there.

Picked preseason to finish #8 in the ACC, having lost 3 of their 4 last games of the season and just hanging on the bubble...the boys are just happy to dance.

They played a typical Leonard Hamilton game....defense and a lot of substitutions to keep fresh legs. The Zags were held to 33.9 percent from the field and 25 percent from three point range.

There have been no buzzer beaters...Very surprisingly, the Noles have won by an average of 11 so far in the tourney

The last Elite 8 appearance for this program was way back in 1993 with Charlie Ward, Bobby Sura, Sam Cassell....

They might be just happy to be here, but they sure aren't playing like it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What's crazy is that some of these same people criticizing Cal or K were defending KO!

K has 5 NCs, 12 FFs, 14 ACC Ts, and 12 ACCs. 3 Olympic Gold Medals as HC + 1 as an assistant.

Not exactly a 'done less' kinda guy. Those are absurd numbers.

Reaction Score
I mean their backcourt is pretty loaded.

They've got some talent.

Losing Preston was a huge blow.

They don't have the number of nba picks that duke has though, obviously.

But it's not like they're aren't loaded with 4 and 5 star guys.

Here are the Kansas starters

Devonte Graham Devonte Graham - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Not exactly a five star recruit out of High School.

Malik Newman Malik Newman - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Was recruited by everyone coming out of High School. Went to Miss State and transferred to Kansas after one year. His adjustment was difficult, as he was expected to play defense as well as score. Here's a good article in the local newspaper about Newman

The rocky, yet rewarding, evolution of KU's Malik Newman

Sviatostav Mykhaliuk

Came to KU as a 16 year old. His development this season has been tremendous.

Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Lagerald Vick

Has had his ups and downs, but appears to be playing his best basketball now

Lagerald Vick - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Udoka Azubuike

Very highly ranked coming out of High School, but is really a one dimensional player. He led the nation in Field Goal percentage mainly because the majority of his baskets were dunks. He does not like rims. Can't shoot beyond 2 feet. Reminds me of Shaq in there really is nobody that can match him in terms of bulk and muscle

Udoka Azubuike - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

I agree with HuskyHawk in that this has been Bill Self's best job of coaching. Self does a great job of not only recognizing talent but coaching the talent up. Throw in that Kansas has Andrea Hudy, who is generally regarded as being the best strength and conditioning coach in the country and you have 14 straight conference championships.

I'd love to win a National Championship as much as the next guy, but if you gauge success or failure only on winning a one and done tournament you will more than likely walk away disappointed.

Reaction Score
My preferred Final 4

Loyola - just because they would be a better story than K Stats
Michigan - Fun to watch and playing very well.
Kansas - Just preferred over Duke or Syracuse
West Virginia - Huggins deserves another FF trip more than I want to see the other 3 options (Nova, TX Tech, or Purdue)

No ACC and No Big East.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Loyola to the final4? They looked darn good.
And their F8 opponent plays a very similar style to Nebraska, who they just beat, and would have throttled if they hadn't tried to take the air out of the ball with more than 10 minutes to play. Hopefully learned not to do that again!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom