Super Team Dream Team | The Boneyard

Super Team Dream Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart, KML and Morgan Tuck will all be in the running for NPOY. IMO they are the best players in the country and there is nobody close and they all play for UConn. As the season moves on these three will emerge as the very best. 3 to see. Should be but politics wont let it happen. WCBB will need players from different teams . Sims from Baylor Chiney from Stanford and Stewart from UConn will be the 3 to see IMO. Too bad KML should be on that list as should Morgan. As the season moves forward they will emerge as players UConn will be so dominate this season it will be silly. Duke may have the deepest team in WCBB but UConn has the best talent at every position. As good as UConn is they will be even better in March.

Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart, KML and Morgan Tuck will all be in the running for NPOY. IMO they are the best players in the country and there is nobody close and they all play for UConn. As the season moves on these three will emerge as the very best. 3 to see. Should be but politics wont let it happen. WCBB will need players from different teams . Sims from Baylor Chiney from Stanford and Stewart from UConn will be the 3 to see IMO. Too bad KML should be on that list as should Morgan. As the season moves forward they will emerge as players UConn will be so dominate this season it will be silly. Duke may have the deepest team in WCBB but UConn has the best talent at every position. As good as UConn is they will be even better in March.

Love your posts Tony but maybe they could change it to six to see or something cause Sims and Chiney have to be included in whatever advertising campaign they come up with. And not just for diversity.....they are good. I agree with you about KML and I think Tuck is going to be a surprise to a lot of people except UConn fans and USA basketball but I admit I will be surprised if she is included in NPOY. Happy but surprised.

Reaction Score
At most 2 of the 3 will be in the running: Stewart and KML. Possibly like Tina Charles' winning her senior year with Maya Moore strongly in the running. I disagree about C. Ogwumike. She is an incredible never-say-die player who will be a strong contender and could win NPOY. She'll also will likely be the #1 pick in the WNBA draft.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Unfortunately Morgan won't be in the running for NPOY as she won't be starting. Its hard to see a non starter in contention for NPOY. Hopefully she'll make the All AAC team.

Reactions: HGN

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sorry but don't dis Bria and SD - they are both in the running for best players at their positions in WCBB next year which also puts them in the conversation for NPOY. And I agree Morgan is going to be good, but she is also likely not starting any games next year so 6th Man - absolutely, but NPOY - not happening.
IF WNBA is going three to see again, I would not be surprised if Dolson makes the list because she is very good, a senior, and has a killer personality.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
From a marketing department POV consider Stef's personality and consider the 3 to See from last year and ask yourself who would you rather be working with in a promotion department. 3 great players but not a a high powered extrovert among them. The camera loves Stef and she loves to play with the camera. Stef is made for a marketing department.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what ESPN will use if any to highlight the Seniors that will be eligible for next years WNBA draft. Is there a true difference maker in the draft like there was this year? I don't think so. Chiney Oguwmike is probably the first pick unless the team drafting first really needs a guard then it will be Odyssey Sims as the first pick. Either way, they're probably the first two players drafted. IMHO the 3rd player drafted will be Alysa Thomas out of Maryland. Stef and Bria will be drafted in the first round, but I don't see either as difference makers for the teams that draft them. Stef and Bria are good college players, but I don't see them as starting All Star players. IMHO Bria has the most potential to become a starting WNBA All Star player. Stef and Bria were vital cogs to this years National Championship team and hopefully next years as well. However, they aren't difference makers as rookies at the next level and may not start for the team that drafts them. Hopefully both Bria and Stef get recognized as All Americans on some teams next year. It will be tough if both KML & Stewie are selected.

Sorry but don't dis Bria and SD - they are both in the running for best players at their positions in WCBB next year which also puts them in the conversation for NPOY. And I agree Morgan is going to be good, but she is also likely not starting any games next year so 6th Man - absolutely, but NPOY - not happening.
IF WNBA is going three to see again, I would not be surprised if Dolson makes the list because she is very good, a senior, and has a killer personality.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'd put Stef ahead of Tuck in the NPOY running. That said, the actions of Tuck, that led her to be named captain, and the way she handled that responsibility, will translate into a much improved player this year (and that's starting from a good base). I expect her to get a lot of minutes and very productive minutes.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
There has never been four All Americans on one team in the history of WBB. At least I can't find a team.:). Tenn had three All Americans in 1999 and UConn with three in 2002 and 2009. WBCA All Americans - Link This years UConn team could easily have three players, but hard to see four players with how the voters like to spread the awards out.

I didn't check all the All American teams as most only select 5 players and I believe the WBCA All American team would most likely be the team with four players from one team due to number of players selected for the team.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
With so many good players in 2013-14, it is impossible to predict the POY.

But the fact that you can actually make a case for so many Uconn players is just amazing.

Reaction Score
From a marketing department POV consider Stef's personality and consider the 3 to See from last year and ask yourself who would you rather be working with in a promotion department. 3 great players but not a a high powered extrovert among them. The camera loves Stef and she loves to play with the camera. Stef is made for a marketing department.
Griner seems extroverted enough to me ;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I do think last year was a unique year in terms of seniors in college basketball - not sure you could identify three players from any other class with such unique skills/marketability.
Griner - absolutely unique size/athleticism - there have been other great centers in college including Tina and Sylvia but no one like Griner.
EDD - size and pure shooting from any range - closest player I can think of is Jackson and she isn't as good a shooter nor did she attend college.
Diggins - people can complain all they want but she has talent, great leadership and drive, and beauty - she I assume had the largest twitter following of any college women's player and huge name recognition.
While the first two stand out for their unique gifts on the court which lends them credibility from a marketing standpoint, Diggins court talent is not 'unique' but the marketing was already built in and I think that also made her unique.
While there are some really talent seniors this year, I don't think you could really pull off a 3 to see kind of thing, because they do not stand out from the other very talented players - they will definitely not be guaranteed starters/big minutes players their first years in the WNBA.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
There's enough talent that it's a real challenge to predict who starts. I am confident Stef, KML, Breanna, and MOJeff end up starting. I am confident Saniya and Banks come off the bench. Adding Morgan or Kiah to the starting rotation would create an unfair height advantage, and Bria, if she returns to form, could add another seasoned guard to the starting rotation. How to put the pieces together is a real challenge. Doing so successfully is going to make for a terrifying team-wide rotation.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You know - we missed out on the O sisters, but we got Morgan instead, which I think will prove to be a pretty fair comparison - Her game reminds me of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom