Sun's GM has a man crush on Caron Butler | The Boneyard

Sun's GM has a man crush on Caron Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, the first-year general manager landed a big fish in 23-year-old Eric Bledsoe, but in his eyes, Caron Butler was also an important piece in the deal – not just because of his expiring contract.

“With Caron [Butler], I’ve been watching him play for a long time,” McDonough said. “Growing up in New England, I went to a bunch of UConn games. I always admired his toughness and professionalism.

“When I was with the Celtics and we had our good runs in the playoffs, he was a guy were constantly trying to acquire. He made the All-Star team a few times, is a great example for the young players on how to be a pro, how to conduct yourself and how to work. We’re thrilled to have him.”

“It was rather flattering to know that I had a guy who had a man crush on me for so many years,” said Butler. “Once I found that out, I was extremely excited. Just coming here, he told me he’s been following me for years, the expectations and what he expects out of me, I was definitely ready for that challenge.

Butler made a really good impression in his first press conference Thursday.

Suns have a ‘big brother’ in newly acquired Caron Butler

Reaction Score
Just Caron being Caron........always one of my favorite Huskies ever and the reason being everything you read in this article........true professional and solid character! When you think of where he came from, and how he molded himself for 2 years under JC (left in a lake of tears as he genuinely loved being a Husky) this is one of the most underrated stories in the NBA.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I have a man crush on Caron too, the 2002 season was one of my all-time favorites

Reaction Score
that's nice but I would rather Butler close out his career on a playoff squad

Reaction Score
Its great that I can get to see Caron Play.
The Suns are a big deal here in Phoenix. If he has a good year the Valley (of the sun)will embrace him.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc