Sunday Post game thoughts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sunday Post game thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I was away and didn't get to see the game live, but watched it on DVR yesterday. Much can be said about how this player or that player played, but not too much has been been said about our one senior. Tiff, who I basically like for her energy, had a tough game on O as she often does against better opponents because she plays an old-fashioned totally earth-bound style and when faced with talented defenders, she either can't get off her 3s or she drives into traffic and winds up on the floor with often at best a block call in her favor, but too often a charge. The team sure could use her to be A scorer in these types of games and I'm not sure it's there. Any sort of pull up game and she would be much more effective. KML I thought was okay, and unfortunately had that last few seconds throw away where she seemed to be crossed up. Officiating I thought was generally decent and not that much of a negative factor even though I think there were a few pretty important "non-calls" where ND was aggressively using hands and knees that wound up being to their advantage. Antone who thinks our D was lacking in this game needs to explain exactly what D was lacking? ND is very skilled, and not too shabby on D themselves. A loss to them in OT on their court is no biggie. We can't be too spoiled by those unbeaten seasons. Our team is very good, maybe as good as anyone had a right to expect having to readjust without MM.

Sigh. Why can't people check the box score before criticizing Tiff? When I last checked, she scored 10 points (a lot of them down the stretch, when no one else was scoring), a bunch of rebounds and steals. Plus she played her usual excellent defense. By the way, 10 points meant she was UC's second leading scorer.

Reaction Score
That is why this is the best WCBB board in the country. Great feedback and straight forward thinking group and everybody has an opinion........Priceless!!!.......UCONN will be a very tough out come March........

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
"Sigh. Why can't people check the box score before criticizing Tiff? When I last checked, she scored 10 points (a lot of them down the stretch, when no one else was scoring), a bunch of rebounds and steals. Plus she played her usual excellent defense. By the way, 10 points meant she was UC's second leading scorer."

I like TH, but using the box score without looking at the play by play doesn't show the whole picture. Actually, she had 3 points(3-4 FT) in the last 7 minutes of regulation . She added 3 points in OT, again on 3-4 FT, 2 of those when the game was pretty much over. She really wasn't much of a factor on O throughout the game and picked up 2 very early fouls, something you'd hope your most experienced player could avoid, So she sat on the bench for most of the first half, from which vantage point she was no help on D, forgetting about any scoring she might have done. My point was that there were a lot of comments about this player didn't do this, or that player didn't do that, and Tiff, being the most experienced player on the team, wasn't picking up any slack. IMHO (pardon the expression) the team needs her to be on the floor and productive against the better teams. Bria is very good, but she isn't going to score 25 every night and it remains to be seen if Kelly can be counted on for 8 or so a game. I'm talking about against the better teams, the 5 or so who can really contend with us.

Reaction Score
We can solve the problem easily have you coach the team or at least have you point out Geno's errors to him. GET A LIFE!!!!!!
WOW!!.......Take it easy big boy........IMO, you are off base.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom