Sunday March Madness 2nd Round Games | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Sunday March Madness 2nd Round Games

Reaction Score
After Cunningham had the steal and 3 to cut the lead to 3, Avery Anderson decided he wanted to be the star. Can't wait to see Cade play in the NBA with adequate spacing, he's been playing with handcuffs in the college game.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Will give oregon state more credit than they have gotten here. They did get some nice pac 12 wins this year (deepest conference in the country) and they led wire to wire in both of their wins. Nothing fluky about them.

Reaction Score
After Cunningham had the steal and 3 to cut the lead to 3, Avery Anderson decided he wanted to be the star. Can't wait to see Cade play in the NBA with adequate spacing, he's been playing with handcuffs in the college game.
After seeing both his games I’m not no-brainer #1 pick impressed. Great decision making, great passer, strong with ball - but B+ athleticism. I don’t know how he gets his shot in the pros. I’d say he’s a rich man’s Malcolm Brogdon. Will be a very good nba player almost certainly though. Maybe more certainty of that vs others?

Reaction Score
After seeing both his games I’m not no-brainer #1 pick impressed. Great decision making, great passer, strong with ball - but B+ athleticism. I don’t know how he gets his shot in the pros. I’d say he’s a rich man’s Malcolm Brogdon. Will be a very good nba player almost certainly though. Maybe more certainty of that vs others?
He reminds me of a poor man's Doncic in that he's not an explosive athlete by NBA standards but always gets to his spots and does what he wants. He'll be able to score and playmake at a really high level in the NBA right away I think.

Reaction Score
A rich man Brogdon is an All-Star/borderline All-NBAer(guard depth in the league is stacked). I think he has worthy comp for the #1 pick spot and there are guys that could surpass him as a pro, but rich man Brogdon is worth that type of pick. Also, when evaluating Cunningham you have to factor that he's playing in a terrible offensive system with not alot of spacing. Not saying Bouk is on his level as a prospect but the same factors exist with him as well.

Reaction Score
Illinois went away from Kofi for like 10 minutes-15 minutes which was a huge mistake
Maybe they should fire the coach like a lot of posters here want to do with DH, just sayin how ridiculous the response has been to the game last night. Didn't mean to get off topic.

Reaction Score
Will give oregon state more credit than they have gotten here. They did get some nice pac 12 wins this year (deepest conference in the country) and they led wire to wire in both of their wins. Nothing fluky about them.

Cowboys had trouble with the Beavers...maybe would have been better off with Oral.

Edit...Yeah...just sooooo juvenile...but it was such a low hanging fruit.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Interesting little thing I noticed this morning: the eight teams to advance to the Sweet 16 so far represent eight different conferences. And maybe Mick was right about the PAC being undervalued this season. It will be interesting to see how they fare today.

Reaction Score
A rich man Brogdon is an All-Star/borderline All-NBAer(guard depth in the league is stacked). I think he has worthy comp for the #1 pick spot and there are guys that could surpass him as a pro, but rich man Brogdon is worth that type of pick. Also, when evaluating Cunningham you have to factor that he's playing in a terrible offensive system with not alot of spacing. Not saying Bouk is on his level as a prospect but the same factors exist with him as well.
Yeah, we are saying similar things. Cadde's floor seems higher than anyone else and a good chance at perennial all-star is a better outcome than some recent #1 picks. He didn't have the best tournament by any stretch, so I can't necessarily say my 2 game opinion means he shouldn't be #1. I just think other guys should be in conversation and if it ends up that the team with 1st pick has a PG (MN odds on first which may have 2 PG) it could get interesting.

Reaction Score
This stuff doesn’t really work. The 4th place team from the summit league just beat a 2 seed from the big 10.
This stuff doesn't really work. Unless we start calling every unpredictable NCAA tournament bracket upset proof that a low level mid-major conference is underrated. MD with a conference record 9-11 over UConn wasn't an upset.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That rally by Houston was unreal.
Dejon Jarreau showed utmost courage and onions coming back in and playing with that hip injury
It's too bad that the team is banged up but if Jarreau is able to play at full speed and Sasser hits his 3's they should handle Cuse - Sampson will figure out the zone
Pikiell tried to kill the clock too early and it cost them - Rutgers should have won that game

Reaction Score
We'll see when we get to the Elite 8 how the 10-16 sees look.

About a 6% chance, historically for a seed 8-11 reaching the Elite Eight....0 % for a seed 13-16.

This is an odd year so will be interesting to watch.

Reaction Score
That rally by Houston was unreal.
Dejon Jarreau showed utmost courage and onions coming back in and playing with that hip injury
It's too bad that the team is banged up but if Jarreau is able to play at full speed and Sasser hits his 3's they should handle Cuse - Sampson will figure out the zone
Pikiell tried to kill the clock too early and it cost them - Rutgers should have won that game
Yeah, that's one you never forget if you are a Rutgers fan. They were playing with more confidence up until that final 3 minutes. Pikiell did 1000 things right with that team, too easy to harp on the one mistake. I know Rutgers gets beat like a rug by a lot of folks, but as long as Pikiell stays there I'll keep rooting for them, I really liked their players and they played like an early year Calhoun team.

Reaction Score
Left in the high seeds...8 Loyola...8...Oklahoma...8 LSU...11 Syracuse...13 Ohio....11 UCLA....14. Abiilene Christian....10 MarylandL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom