Sunday games | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Sunday games

Status
Not open for further replies.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Duke elimination day. Always fun.

I know a guy who played in that eastern Michigan team from the mid 90s who beat them.

When I met him I told him thank you for your service.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Seeing Duke against URI, I wasn't sure any team could beat them. They had a lot of talent and out athleted the Rams.

Here I saw why they lost as many games as they did: lazy defense and people not deferring to Bagley in big moments.

Absolutely. How is bagley not getting every touch wih Azubuike fouled out

Reaction Score
K not playing any man is a joke. They were tearing up the middle and he pulls a Beoheim lol job

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Seeing Duke against URI, I wasn't sure any team could beat them. They had a lot of talent and out athleted the Rams.

Here I saw why they lost as many games as they did: lazy defense and people not deferring to Bagley in big moments.

That was 1970's NBA caliber defense. Duke players were jogging on the close outs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Absolutely. How is bagley not getting every touch wih Azubuike fouled out

Because DeSousa was in instead and is more athletic and a better matchup to defend him. K kept Bagley far away from Azubuike all game.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Why can't they just ask the question everyone is thinking:

what on earth made you have a one night stand with donald trump

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Anderson Cooper, absolutely straight faced, asking if Trump used a condom is maybe the best moment of the 21st century

Reaction Score

Fire Hurley? Can't disagree, he hasn't even won a game yet and I'm getting anxious.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
With all the help in the world, Duke still goes down. I love it.
[/USER]

One of the big reasons it's so satisfying.

Oh and this ol' chestnut too:

Duke%20Kid%20Crying.jpg

Reaction Score
What if he said he chose Beard over Ollie?

There’s no doubt. I pushed for Beard earlier this year - at least talk to him - the guy is amazing. But, I love the Hurley hire - truly a great fit. I do think kids choose coaches and programs...much more weight than location or conference.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Sometimes a game just gets away from a team, and I think that is what happened with URI vs. Duke. Duke had 3 losses to teams that didn't make the tournament, and one loss to a team (VTech) that shouldn't have made the tournament. Duke could have easily lost to Syracuse in the prior round. I think Coach K is overrated and has been living off reputation for a while now, but I did not expect to see the laziness on defense. Kansas took a lot of 3's, and I am surprised they did not shoot better than 36% because most of the 3's were wide open, high percentage, catch and shoots facing the basket. Villanova would have torched Duke if Duke played like this against them. Duke's defense was just terrible today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom