Sunday games | The Boneyard

Sunday games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Couple observations:

1. Brunson is as fundamentally sound a college player as you are going to find. Kids just don't play that way.

2. Notice how Wright gets Brunson a breather right before the media timeouts to extend his rest. Those are the tricks Ollie didn't have with guys like Adams.

3. Nova is the men's equivalent of the UConn women. That program is absolutely rolling.

Reaction Score
Couple observations:

1. Brunson is as fundamentally sound a college player as you are going to find. Kids just don't play that way.

2. Notice how Wright gets Brunson a breather right before the media timeouts to extend his rest. Those are the tricks Ollie didn't have with guys like Adams.

3. Nova is the men's equivalent of the UConn women. That program is absolutely rolling.
The men’s game desperately needs four quarters so that fouls reset - no one wants to watch 10 minutes of free throws.

If they don’t make that change soon, the entire rules committee needs to be replaced.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Couple observations:

Ollie did that with bazz and boat. It might just be an indictment on the depth

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Brunson's been my favorite non UConn guy for a few years now. I just love his smooth game.

He’s special but I do also have an affinity for those smooth lefty PGs like Marcus and Kendall Marshall.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Also, Jay Wright has them doing wing and finishing moves emphasizing controlled hop steps, jump stops, kick outs, bounce passes for finishes ... all things that really fundamental players and teams do well.

Hart, Brunson, Arc, all these guys have been great at it and Wright has identified guys that do that stuff well and also shoot the 3.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
When KO had the pieces like Bazz and Boat as well as with Giff and DD he gave them the pre time out breathers
But he hasn't done that with JA, that's correct, perhaps he didn't have the pieces

Nova is a dynamite team - no doubt about it
Has to win a ton of NBE tournaments and NC champs to even be looked at on the level of UConn women
But the past 3-5 years has looked really really good - well coached
I find it hard to dislike Nova

Reaction Score
I understand depth was an issue for UConn, but I still think he could have stolen a minute or so of rest per half with timely substitutions. Adams isn't a player built to play 40 minutes no matter how thin you are.

Nova's creativity on offense is refreshing. When they post Brunson and then spot Spellman, you're looking at something as a defense that you just don't see. More teams should try this.

Reaction Score
I understand depth was an issue for UConn, but I still think he could have stolen a minute or so of rest per half with timely substitutions. Adams isn't a player built to play 40 minutes no matter how thin you are.

Nova's creativity on offense is refreshing. When they post Brunson and then spot Spellman, you're looking at something as a defense that you just don't see. More teams should try this.

More teams would like Brunson and Spellman. Nova isn’t all that good today they should thank their lucky stars Tech can’t shoot straight.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If you can't shoot you can't win
TT missed so many bunnies - they should be up by 10 because Nova is not good today but if you look like UConn on offense - those things happen

Reaction Score
Kind of odd seeing Moretti on the floor for TT. Another one of those missed opportunities. How do you choose Lubbock over...anywhere.

Reaction Score
More teams would like Brunson and Spellman. Nova isn’t all that good today they should thank their lucky stars Tech can’t shoot straight.

Not the greatest game, that's for sure. For Nova it was a combination of Texas Tech being a great defensive team and shooting poorly, but they did what great teams have to do in the tournament and won an ugly game with their defense. Tech clearly was not an elite eight caliber team from a talent perspective but they should have a bright future under the new coach.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Not the greatest game, that's for sure. For Nova it was a combination of Texas Tech being a great defensive team and shooting poorly, but they did what great teams have to do in the tournament and won an ugly game with their defense. Tech clearly was not an elite eight caliber team from a talent perspective but they should have a bright future under the new coach.

3rd best d in the country.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas - Duke starts with an uncalled over the back by Bagley. It’s going to be that kind of day.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Oh poor dook, the only player on the team to have even EXPERIENCED the finals. so sad.

Reaction Score
I don't pretend to know much about Kansas and the Billy Preston situation, but I would think they could really use his help right now. Azubuike has his hands full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom