Sunday games ("Rivalry Week") | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sunday games ("Rivalry Week")

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
SC's first quarter margin falling down down down. If Tenn wins maybe Charlie will make them a 4?? :rolleyes:

SC stabilized the ship. Up by 11. Good post play and career game from BCM (26 pts)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow, Pivec misses 2 FTs with 12 seconds left to give UCLA hope.

UCLA needs a 3-pointer.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Nice crowd over in Winston relatively speaking ...... 2,037 was the attendance. Alot of blue in the stands.... no fights broke out :cool:

Whoa, Duke and Washington both win on the same day! When is the last time that happened? I hope @triaddukefan had some kind of fantastic celebratory meal.

Well @Fightin Choke mentioned PDQ in a thread a few weeks ago... so they have one in Winston Salem so I checked it out for a victory meal. Had the Pimento Crunch Sandwich.... a Crispy Chicken breast topped with homemade Pimento Cheese, Lettuce, Sea Salt Potato Chips and Bacon :eek: with a side of these :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

totchos_webpromo.png

Afterwards went to my favorite Dessertery in Winston to pick up some post victory dessert to take home..... couldnt decide between the Italian Cream Cake..... or the Apple Crunch Pie....... so I got both :oops::oops::oops:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oregon State looks like they'll survive a very stiff test from UCLA. Now up 3 with the ball with 15 seconds left.

Two months ago I never thought UCLA would be this good in February.

UCLA finished 7-2 on the road in the Pac, that's impressive.

Another big game for Goodman today.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nice crowd over in Winston relatively speaking . 2,037 was the attendance. Alot of blue in the stands.... no fights broke out :cool:

Well @Fightin Choke mentioned PDQ in a thread a few weeks ago... so they have one in Winston Salem so I checked it out for a victory meal. Had the Pimento Crunch Sandwich.... a Crispy Chicken breast topped with homemade Pimento Cheese, Lettuce, Sea Salt Potato Chips and Bacon :eek: with a side of these :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

totchos_webpromo.png

Afterwards went to my favorite Dessertery in Winston to pick up some post victory dessert to take home..... couldnt decide between the Italian Cream Cake..... or the Apple Crunch Pie.. so I got both :oops::oops::oops:

Good move to go with the lettuce garnish and the apples under all that stuff. You do know how to eat healthy. Unlike this guy:

Plebe

Reaction Score
And Japreece Dean's 3-point attempt at the buzzer bounces off the rim. OSU wins, 75-72.
UCLA was within spitting distance of what would have been a shocking road sweep of the Oregon schools.

The Beavers were led by 3 guards:
Goodman (21 pts)
Pivec (18 pts and 11 rebs)
McWillimas (14 pts)

And again, Grymek was a force in the middle: 10 points, 7 blocks (!!), 6 rebounds.

Scott Rueck truly is a svengali for post player development. As amazing as the improvement of Hamblin and Gulich was, I think Grymek's strides over the past 4 months might be his greatest accomplishment yet.

Is there any wonder why post player recruits are starting to flock to Corvallis?

Plebe

Reaction Score
UCLA finished 7-2 on the road in the Pac, that's impressive.

Another big game for Goodman today.
Which is especially surprising because in the previous 2-3 years UCLA was known as a great home court team but not so great on the road.

Goodman has only continued to impress. Perhaps the player who has most stepped up to compensate for the loss of Tudor?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Goodman has only continued to impress. Perhaps the player who has most stepped up to compensate for the loss of Tudor?

I would agree with that. They really needed McWilliams to step up, but she's been inconsistent and too often not aggressive on O. She showed today she can score.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, in the last Pac-12 game of the day, Arizona's defense has them leading Cal 53-41 with 8:00 to play.

This is a game Arizona really needs to win to help their at-large bid chances. Cal is probably still safe-ish without a loss.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford ran away from Arizona St. in the 2nd half.

Arizona jumped all over Cal in Q2 and is trying to hang on for a very important win for them. Up 7 w/ 6+ minutes left.

edit--quiet game for Anigwe so far on Senior Day, only 9 points on 3-10 shooting. She does have 16 rebounds. Reece Caldwell has really stepped up her game the last several weeks, she's playing well again today.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's gotten really tight in Berkeley. Caldwell hits a contested running jumper to cut the lead to 2 with 1:00 to play. Arizona has possession.

After Arizona came oh so close to winning at Stanford, this would be a gutting loss if Cal is able to come back from 15 down to win.

Reaction Score
Goodman has a quick release. Not as quick as Tudor's but still very quick. That is what allows her to get her shot off against quick athletic teams. People forget what made Tudor so effective was not just her percentage, but how quick of a release and the high arch she had on "catch and shoot." When she was on, teams were forced to face guard her the whole game which also opened up the offense for others.

They problem with KMac is that they are running a faster offense with more drives to the hole this season. She doesn't get the ball in her hands like she did last season. She is more comfortable in a slower more deliberate offense. She does not play well with Slocum on the floor.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
She does not play well with Slocum on the floor.

That may be, but she's always tended to defer to others. She's never averaged double figure scoring in her career. She has the ability, but just doesn't look to score consistently enough, been that way all along for her.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Arizona hits 1 of 2 FTs to take a 3-point lead. Cal takes its last timeout, down 3 with 35 seconds left.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Caldwell hit a 3 to tie it w/ 17 seconds left.

edit--both teams missed key FTs late, going OT

Plebe

Reaction Score
Overtime. Some critical missed free throws by both teams in the final minute. Arizona made 1 of 2 with about 17 seconds left, and then Anigwe made 1 of 2 to send the game to OT.

Cal has all the momentum, though.

Plebe

Reaction Score
And McBryde just fouled out for Arizona on the first possession of OT.

Hard to imagine Arizona winning now. They have no depth in the frontcourt.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
In the Az St. loss, Ekmark was the leading ASU scorer...with TEN. Ouch. She shot 1-7 fgs. Again...ouch.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OT has been fantastic, back and forth. McDonald scoring at will, but Fr. Forbes keeps answering w/ 3's. She's 5-6 today. Cal up 2, Arizona ball, about a minute left.

Plebe

Reaction Score
OT has been fantastic, back and forth. McDonald scoring at will, but Fr. Forbes keeps answering w/ 3's. She's 5-6 today. Cal up 2, Arizona ball, about a minute left.
Cal is 3 of 3 from the arc in overtime. It's pretty tough to lose a game to 5 minutes when you shoot that well.

McDonald has been fantastic, just carrying Arizona.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
McDonald has been fantastic, just carrying Arizona.

I think she got worn out doing all that heavy lifting. Missed a contested layup, slipped and got tied up on the floor (possession arrow to Cal), and missed a pair of FTs last 3 trips for UA. Game over I think.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Once again, just as in their overtime loss to UCLA, free throws have been Arizona's curse. Tonight they went 9-18 until those last 2 meaningless free throws.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think she got worn out doing all that heavy lifting. Missed a contested layup, slipped and got tied up on the floor (possession arrow to Cal), and missed a pair of FTs last 3 trips for UA. Game over I think.
Yeah I hate to say it but maybe I jinxed her.

This result moves both teams into a tie for 7th place in the Pac-12 at 7-9. But Arizona's last 2 games will be vs. the Oregon schools; Cal's will be at the Washington schools.

It can't be overstated how devastating these two near-misses are for Arizona's chances at an at-large bid. They have two quality wins over ASU and Cal, but their RPI is just too low right now, and that hideously awful nonconference SOS (#324) is really haunting them.

Unless they can find a way to shock one of the Oregon schools next weekend, they'll have to do some damage in the Pac-12 tournament to have any hope.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching this Georgia vs Alabama train wreck of a game

The NCAA committee should take as little SEC teams as possible. This has been a horrendous year. A lot of bad basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom